Closed Thread

Thread: Assist focus macro

Default Assist focus macro

I want a macro that will target the target of my focus. Or simply assist my focus.
    I've tried:
    /assist @focus
    /target @focustarget
    /target @targetoftarget

and other variations of the above with and without the @ symbol

I know I can simply do:
    /assist <name of tank>

but I don't want to have to type the tank's name everytime and want more flexibility

Also, I know I can do:
    /cast @focustarget <name of spell>

but I don't want to lock up my spells like that and have to use another macro for when there isn't a tank, etc

Is there any way to do this currently?
    Last edited by actionvapor; 08-06-2011 at 02:01 PM.

bumping this post, would like an answer

Telaran

I would love an answer to this as well but I'm not holding my breath. I've seen a couple threads like this and no one ever seems to have a solution. It may just not be an option.

I really hope it is though, it would certainly come in very handy.

~Goat~

Telaran

(Stupid edit rules)

I believe that you can make a cast macro with 2 commands:
    /cast @focustarget <name of spell>
    /cast <name of spell>

This way if you don't have a tank you can still cast that spell with the same button. The focus assist would be much better but that's the best I can offer you.

~Goat~

Thanks for the responses. Maybe, I'll do that macro with a standard cast as backup, although I don't like that it would force me to target the focus target, if I had a focus. Could be a problem if your focus ran off somewhere out of range, then you'd have to scramble to unfocus them.

Hopefully, Trion will add this functionality in, doesn't seem like it would be a big deal to implement.
    Last edited by actionvapor; 08-08-2011 at 04:38 AM.

Maybe this works:

/target @focus
    /tar

/tar selects target of target if I remember correctly, dunno if @focus works though, I only use @focus in cast macros not target macros.

There is functionality for binding assisting focus in keybinding options too, that's what I use (that way you don't waste hotbar space =P )
    Here is how I bound it (works very good, and I can easily switch/target/assist focus target on the fly)
    Ctrl+F = make focus target
    Shift+F = select focus target
    F = assist target

So if I want to cast something on focus target I press Shift+F to target him/her, if I want to cast on target of focus target (assist) I press Shift+F then F (sounds awkward but is very fast)

Also I use macros like:
    cast @focus Intercept
    cast intercept

But those are more useful in PvE with some abilities that you only use on one person, like Intercept which I would use on the healer (or some sick dps, but generally the same guy all throughout the dungeon)
    Last edited by Laplace; 08-08-2011 at 05:19 AM.
    Leoncoeur <HALT HAMMERZEIT>, R7 Warrior → 1026 Valor → Whitefall[PvP] Defiant

Closed Thread