+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Romiz

Thread: That final hurdle ...

Default That final hurdle ...

I'm nearly there... 3 and a bit levels left till I hit 50...

But God am I bored, i'm totally burnt out on leveling, what's the quickest way to make these final levels?
    That's no moon...

Quote Originally Posted by Hatteras View Post

But God am I bored, i'm totally burnt out on leveling, what's the quickest way to make these final levels?
    Yikes... If you're bored with 1-49, then you don't want to get to 50...

if you are burnt out maybe you just need a break from the game for a few days.
    Park your character in a city so you are 'rested' and come back in a few days with an exp booster to help speed things up.

Ascendant

After my first 50 I parked my next two chars at 47 in Stillmoor and they are still there. I currently have another at 41 and should be parked up by tomorrow night at 47. The last three levels sprinkled between Shimmersand and Stillmoor are so linear its truly simple to get there in a night. Takes me about two weeks casual to get a 50.

And the quickest way has been to take on as many mobs as you physically can when going through areas and get well rested if you have to leave the game for any time. I can take on mobs up to three higher generally and I just work them in between farming crafting nodes. The more the better to be honest. The final area in Stillmoor is designed for mass mob battling just in case you run out of quests. I can normally do half a level in less than 30 minutes so its not hard really. And questing needs to be attacked in bulk making sure you log as many in one area as possible. And do all the invasions and stand at the stone and kill anything and everything that comes at you.

Anyway I would guess you should be 50 now so well done. Next stop is an interesting one for you. I just level up another char... I have 18 on the go. But then I like levelling.

hit 48, run the 2 dungeons, you will hit 50 in about 7? runs

OP that is silly 1-50 take no time and if you are bored now will hate 50. You would have not been a MMO players before wow destroyed MMORPGs. We used to spend 6 months to get 50 levels.
    System:
    Win7 64bit - I7 930 3.38GHz Liquid Cooled - 6 GB DDR3 - Ati 5970 Driver 11.8 CCC 2 - HDD Raid 0 1 TB -2nd HDD 1TB SATA - Blu-Ray - Display 32" Samsung HDTV 1920x1080

Leveling up is the most fun this game has so far been able to produce, if you're bored now, I'd probably look at the new map pack for Black Ops.

Telaran

Seriously if leveling was a big hurdle for you, OP, reconsider.

50 has none of the linearity but all the need to repeat a few quests dozens of times, for notoriety, gear, recipes and money. On top of that you'll run the same handful of dungeons a lot, for similar reasons. The only thing still "dynamic" is world events. Even the warfronts and invasions are routine after you've done them.

It's not without its entertainment (plenty of us enjoy it), but 50 is where repetition rules over variety.

Edit: and yeah, leveling in this game is comparatively fast. You might have to look hard to find an MMORPG that doesn't just hand out levels these days, it's been years since they represented some kind of actual achievement.
    Last edited by strayth; 08-06-2011 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by strayth View Post
    The only thing still "dynamic" is world events.
    The only thing dynamic about the events are the timing/location of spawns (to an extent).

They are all created using the same modular, cookie cutter system Trion created for the game. This minimizes the cost of creation for "new content" dramatically but as Blizzard learned with WoW, enough people are content with the same generic rote content that it's the most profitable way to manage an MMO today.

Quote Originally Posted by EranB View Post
    Leveling up is the most fun this game has so far been able to produce, if you're bored now, I'd probably look at the new map pack for Black Ops.
    I'd rather run into a den of Tonberrys while I have low health and no mana then play Black Ops.
    127% of internet statistics are made up on the spot.

Never trust obscure quotes from famous people on the internet. -George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Adebar View Post
    I'd rather run into a den of Tonberrys while I have low health and no mana then play Black Ops.
    No thanks, I have my Carby mits :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughingstock View Post
    Next time you meet someone that doesn't talk, just pretend he's 'role playing' a deaf mute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulch View Post
    I pretty-much ignore error messages. Treat 'em like bills. You don't have to respond until the ink turns red.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexille View Post
    The only thing dynamic about the events are the timing/location of spawns (to an extent).

They are all created using the same modular, cookie cutter system Trion created for the game. This minimizes the cost of creation for "new content" dramatically but as Blizzard learned with WoW, enough people are content with the same generic rote content that it's the most profitable way to manage an MMO today.
    In the testing stages of Rift everything was dynamic. But the testers found it was too confusing so Trion removed it. But with the patch they did change a zone so dynamic is not totally dead.
    System:
    Win7 64bit - I7 930 3.38GHz Liquid Cooled - 6 GB DDR3 - Ati 5970 Driver 11.8 CCC 2 - HDD Raid 0 1 TB -2nd HDD 1TB SATA - Blu-Ray - Display 32" Samsung HDTV 1920x1080

Quote Originally Posted by Ajhal View Post
    After my first 50 I parked my next two chars at 47 in Stillmoor and they are still there. I currently have another at 41 and should be parked up by tomorrow night at 47. The last three levels sprinkled between Shimmersand and Stillmoor are so linear its truly simple to get there in a night. Takes me about two weeks casual to get a 50.

And the quickest way has been to take on as many mobs as you physically can when going through areas and get well rested if you have to leave the game for any time. I can take on mobs up to three higher generally and I just work them in between farming crafting nodes. The more the better to be honest. The final area in Stillmoor is designed for mass mob battling just in case you run out of quests. I can normally do half a level in less than 30 minutes so its not hard really. And questing needs to be attacked in bulk making sure you log as many in one area as possible. And do all the invasions and stand at the stone and kill anything and everything that comes at you.

Anyway I would guess you should be 50 now so well done. Next stop is an interesting one for you. I just level up another char... I have 18 on the go. But then I like levelling.
    Seriously, just leave the game. This isn't a 'go away!' thing - but rather a suggestion based on your rate of play. If you've exhausted content and you're finding yourself underwhelmed and comatose, then your sub money may as well be saved until there IS the content that will keep you once again freshly occupied.

Otherwise, what's actually keeping you playing? A need to gripe?

Don't worry, once you hit 50 you'll get burnt on grinding really soon after.

WTB swtor

Quote Originally Posted by Romiz View Post
    In the testing stages of Rift everything was dynamic. But the testers found it was too confusing so Trion removed it. But with the patch they did change a zone so dynamic is not totally dead.
    They claim, claim.. that the pre-testing game was meant to have a lot more layers of dynamic content, but it was too much for players, so they downscaled to rifts and zone events, with the intent to gradually introduce new layers of dynamic content (small, zone, world) over time. One may argue that the world events, while clearly a daily grind, are the start of introducing world-affecting content that can be put out at a larger pace than other mmos can. *shrug

Dunno how truthful their claim is though.

In beta the rifts etc were much more active and random. I remember seeing a Life Rift right above one of the areas of Sanctum - epiccccc.

Since then, its very static and blah

+ Reply to Thread