+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PVP Synergy rep grind instead of new PVP content... sucks

Ascendant

Default PVP Synergy rep grind instead of new PVP content... sucks

I would prefer real world pvp, not pve rep grind labelled pvp. Where is our RVR area? Or worthwhile real world objectives? What has your pvp team been doing since March? Adjusting gear putting in pve quests. Good Job eh?!?!

If the Synergy Crystals required X rep and gave you 500 health. Great. What a good reward for doing the rep. I would see no problem with that. I might even go out and do it.

My only objection is the link between the different ranks of gear and owning a synergy crystal of that type. Forcing players to do a stupid rep grind, to equip pvp gear already earned by running a thousand warfronts, is not fair. Its adding unnecessary grind not content.

Rift Disciple

Everything in MMOs is about grinds, if you really thought this would be different you play the wrong Genre friend.
    Btw there is way more content in the pipeline, and yes there are 2 new zones 1 is most likely RvR we just have to be a little more patient,you new mmo players who started with mmos that had years to add content are way to spoiled, Trion is rly working their butts of to give us new content i never seen new content this fast in any MMO i played so far, remember wow didnt even have meaningfull pvp at launch only half a year later they addet 2 Bgs.
    Last edited by tetsuo11; 08-04-2011 at 05:53 AM.

Rifts = real world pvp = Eye faction

Lose the "OMG I NEED IT NOWWWWWWWW" mentality and get back to playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by solarbear View Post
    Where is our [...] worthwhile real world objectives?
    Elaborate on this please. Trion tried using ancient wardstones to stimulate world pvp. Apparently that wasn't enough for the majority of players. The system had it's shortcomings, but it shows Trion is willing to try new things. Given the right feedback I'm sure they would add objectives that do engage players. They want to keep people playing (and paying for subs), after all.

That said -- What is worthwhile to you?
    Last edited by Timewarp; 08-04-2011 at 06:08 AM.
    Cataclysm broke WoW, but resilience will fix it!

Quote Originally Posted by solarbear View Post
    I would prefer real world pvp, not pve rep grind labelled pvp. Where is our RVR area? Or worthwhile real world objectives? What has your pvp team been doing since March? Adjusting gear putting in pve quests. Good Job eh?!?!

If the Synergy Crystals required X rep and gave you 500 health. Great. What a good reward for doing the rep. I would see no problem with that. I might even go out and do it.

My only objection is the link between the different ranks of gear and owning a synergy crystal of that type. Forcing players to do a stupid rep grind, to equip pvp gear already earned by running a thousand warfronts, is not fair. Its adding unnecessary grind not content.
    Well, firstly, PvP rifts are your "real world pvp"... secondly, as I found out the hard way last night, large open RvR won't work in this game. The factions are just too stupidly imbalanced that no matter how many people we had, the defiants had twice our numbers within 5-10 minutes and then proceeded to roll over us.

+ Reply to Thread