Closed Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Zarak

Thread: Best RP server.

Soulwalker

Default Best RP server.

I have realized that pvp-RP servers have few people on who RP. Are there any good RP servers out there with good active RP on a consistant basis?

Ascendant

I like Faeblight simply as its the most populated, the other 2 are good too though Do not judge roleplay by general chat in RIFT though, in general in this game , general chat is 100% ooc even on RP servers but you will find TONS of people in /say and /emote roleplaying all through the world even in quest hubs. I love this about RIFT, its all over . I love it as it makes the world feel more immersive but for some reason the general chats on the RP servers are much quieter even when there are tons of people playing/roleplaying.
    Last edited by rastaah; 08-03-2011 at 08:40 PM.

Soulwalker

RP'ing is a user-based option, plain and simple. For those who even try and troll (fail-troll) people who don't RP, it reminds me of my younger brother who told on my sister for taking the last cookie out of the cookie jar. RP'rs, start living RL atleast as much as us PVP'rs.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Drexon View Post
    RP'ing is a user-based option, plain and simple. For those who even try and troll (fail-troll) people who don't RP, it reminds me of my younger brother who told on my sister for taking the last cookie out of the cookie jar. RP'rs, start living RL atleast as much as us PVP'rs.
    On Faeblight I've seen a lot of RP, particularly in Droughtlands and Shimmersand. Not sure why those are such popular RP destinations, but they seem to be. Although, since server transfers, there's less of it - the people transferring in made fun of the RPers, so they kind of went underground.

Plane Touched

That is total bull, my friend. In any other MMO, RP servers are monitored and RP rulesets apply. <Pwncakes> gets a warning to change his name, then he gets banned. OOC chat that is blatant and intentional gets the attention of moderators, let alone people rolling into a RP server saying "Hey go RP if you want, I don't have to."

It will never happen, of course. Not sure why Trion bothered flagging any servers as "RP" without employing a single RP moderator. Not only are people free to spam and post constant obnoxious verbal diarrhea, but they are free to blatantly criticise RP'ers on their own damn server.

One of the many lackluster features. Many. Ugh.
    Last edited by Zarak; 08-03-2011 at 08:59 PM.

Soulwalker

Yea, Trion doesn't care much about you RP carebears. Find another game.

For RP-PvE servers, I've tried both Faeblight and Estrael. The former is far more populated, but owing to its numbers, has more clashes of personality and out-of-character arguments. The latter has a smaller population and you won't find RP in random places as easily, but the general community seems more laid back, and it's free of the issues inherent to heavy population servers (zone lag, spammy chat channels etc.) I can't speak for Shadefallen as I haven't checked things out over there.

Just my personal experience, your mileage may vary. I prefer Estrael, but it's all a matter of taste.

As a person on Faeblight you won't find a bigger RP scene than the Tavern in Silverwood during peak hours. It's a packed night club with the amount of RPers in there.

Faeblight is the best community server imo. Best RP, community, and overall player niceness.

Ascendant

We just moved off of an Rp-PvP server because like the OP said, there is just not much RP to be had. We checked both Faeblight and Estrael. I levelled a lowbie and RP'd for a couple of days on both servers. We chose Faeblight for this reason:

Both Estrael and Faeblight have the same types of RPers. The community seems tight-knit and similar on both. The difference is Faeblight has double the population, more variety on the AH, PuG GSB's on farm, Raid Rift groups running all hours of the day, and very short T1/T2 queues.

Estrael was roughly the same size as Harrow was 2 weeks ago. So, it's a rather low population server with the same personnel issues we came to know on Harrow. Longer queues, less frequent availability for raid rifting, etc. Faeblight had over 1000 minor catalysts on the AH.. Estrael had 12.

We chose Faeblight because RP was everywhere... in every zone I visited. It had more people, more activity of all kinds and most of the playerbase seemed to be either solid RPers or at least friendly to it. We chose it also because we figured that if we're going to move, we might as well move somewhere to a server with a much larger population rather than trade one small pop server for another.

RIFT Community Ambassador Talila's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zarak View Post
    That is total bull, my friend. In any other MMO, RP servers are monitored and RP rulesets apply.
    They actually did bother to specify the name-policy so that RP shards have specific name rules too.
    And they actually do listen to people reporting names that violate the name-policy.
    At least they do so on the shard I play on. Out of all games that I've played, Rift is the one that seems to have the best ability to deal with issues like these - where as all other games just blatantly ignored roleplayers existence.

As for OP, unless you play on want to play on the Europe side, I can't really help you
    Tasia, Leader of The Clandestine Community @ Argent EU.
    I like to show off dimensions - Latest Video: Bahmi Home
    Roleplayers from Argent, check Rift Roleplayers EU - new info hub!

Soulwalker

While Drexon might be right, all role players are not care bears. It might seem that way becuase in most MMOs RP-pvp servers always get overrun by non RPers becuase they think that role players are easy kills. Some RPers are forced to give up pvp becuase of so many non role players comeing to thire servers to "pwn noobs." In WoW I role play a dwarf warrior who likes to drink in taverns and have adventures with other players while beating up any horde scum who cross his path. I hate that people assume that RPers are care bears. But even in WoWs rp-pvp only 2 or 3 out of a big crowd of people with names like [Octopusman] or [Ghotmanfisher] like to RP.

PS: I have actualy seen these names in MMOs and had mini fits apon reading them.
    Last edited by Borrum; 08-04-2011 at 07:50 AM.

Ascendant

There are even carebears on pvp servers. Lets not pigeon hole roleplayers as carebears as many rp'ers are hardcore pvp to the point that even your easy pie pvp server ruleset is not enough for them. Many prefer free for all as that is a roleplayers dream, really as its the real deal.

Whatever server type you are on, there are always going to be those that whine about pvp. Less so on a pvp server but still, whiners.

There was a world pvp event on Faeblight the other day, was so fun but of course afterwards some people whined that it had disrupted their RP lol.

My response to them is 'What kind of roleplay is that? Roleplay involves actions, including reacting to what is going on in your environment. Honestly if you are sitting there just telling stories you are not RP'ing your character but donig story telling hour and really just in a chat room and you may as well go to a chat room for that'

So some RP'ers, like me, love pvp, some don't but there are whiners everywhere so don't peg RP for that.

Soulwalker

There is world pvp events on fabelight? Wha type of carebear server is that, i read no PVP?

Closed Thread