+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 70 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 405 of 1045
Like Tree715Likes

Thread: New LFD: Verdict?

  1. #391
    Ascendant Noaani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laughingstock View Post
    Let's put it this way:

    I think cross shard is a good idea for RIFT and I think it's good to be in the game at this time based on population drops and previously high queue times across the board.

    You think cross shard is a horrible devilish idea that leads to sin and it's bad to be in the game because you and your guild.. what what.. see people sitting in Sanctum?

    Who's bitter, lol?
    I'm curious, where is your proof that going cross server does shorten queue times?

    I've seen no evidence that this is the case, from any MMO with cross server grouping. It doesn't even hold up logically that it would shorten queue times, especially not for DPS, which is the only group of people that needed shorter queue times.

    Additionally, to me it's not even going cross server that is the major issue, it's the automation o group forming tools. I said it when the LFG tool first went live; I'd be happier with a well designed, cross server, manual group forming tool than with any form of automated tool, even if it were single server. Queue times of any length should not exist, because the game should not be forming groups for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Debase View Post
    If the only target audience for Rift is disenfranchised WoW players, its doomed imo.

  2. #392
    Ascendant Jaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noaani View Post
    I'm curious, where is your proof that going cross server does shorten queue times?
    Lots of people have given evidence on this.

    Exhibit A: Queue times went down across the board in wow when the battlegroups were expanded.

    Exhibit B: It's easy to show that queue times are reduced during off peak hours, and in low population level brackets; people have done this several times so I'm not going to repeat it.

    Exhibit C: Average queue time reduction for tanks and healers is easy to demonstrate, and folks have done this several times, so again: I'm not going to repeat it.

    Exhibit D: It's easy to show that the number of groups that form cross shard is always at least as many as the ones that can form single shard, and that it's almost always quite a bit more (that's why the queue times for tanks and healers go down in C, because more groups are formed per unit time)

    Exhibit E: DPS queue times are directly related to how fast groups are formed; B C and D show that groups are formed faster when drawn from a larger pool (ie cross server) so they have the same (if diffused due to population size) decrease in queue time that tanks and healers have.

    Someone could work up a really formal proof but honestly unless you're really familiar with queue optimization theory it's not like it's not like it's going to make very much sense to you. Personally I'm not really up to spending the time required to get those concepts across to laymen.
    Last edited by Jaya; 08-11-2011 at 11:25 AM.
    Jaya
    Tertian of the <Children of Mechanus>
    Kaleida (Defiant)

  3. #393
    Ascendant Skidrow Bro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noaani View Post
    Queue times of any length should not exist, because the game should not be forming groups for us.
    They do on xbox live and PSN
    Strive for Peace with acts of war
    The beauty of death we all adore
    I have no faith distracting me
    I know why your prayers will never be answered

  4. #394
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noaani View Post
    I'm curious, where is your proof that going cross server does shorten queue times?
    Ever since I started using the LFG tool, I qued as healer/DPS on my cleric. After wading through some 2 hour ques, I added a support spec and qued DPS/Heals/Support and NEVER got a que in less than 30 mins. I used to come home from work, login, que, then go afk doing errends for 30 mins because I knew I wouldnt miss a que. Even playing US primetime late afternoon/evening CST.

    Since 1.4, I have run 11 ques. the longest was 8mins 27sec because I was qued only as DPS to try my new cabalist build. Since 1.4 I only que as heals/dps and I still get DPS invites about 30% of the time. I have never been in group with a ninja looter, and the worst "fail" group I was in was composed of 5 people from my own shard and would have happened anyway without cross-shard... and even though it was a low DPS, slow, painful slog through a dungeon, we finished it.

    Fact: Cross shard LFG has shortened my que time
    Fact: Cross shard LFG has not negatively impacted the gains I recieve from PUGs
    Fact: Cross shard LFG increases my enjoyment by allowing me to que for the role I want to play when I want to play it and still have a resonable expectation of finding a group in a tolerable amount of time

    But I do so enjoy all of you telling me, in theory, how horrible it will be for me.

    Cheers!

  5. #395
    Ascendant Skidrow Bro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
    Lots of people have given evidence on this.

    Exhibit A: Queue times went down across the board in wow when the battlegroups were expanded.

    Exhibit B: It's easy to show that queue times are reduced during off peak hours, and in low population level brackets; people have done this several times so I'm not going to repeat it.

    Exhibit C: Average queue time reduction for tanks and healers is easy to demonstrate, and folks have done this several times; dps queue times are directly related to how fast groups are formed, groups are formed faster when drawn from a larger pool (ie cross server) so they have the same (if diffused due to population) decrease in queue time that tanks and healers have.

    Someone could work up a really formal proof but honestly unless you're really familiar with queue optimization theory it's not like it's not like it's going to make very much sense to you. Personally I'm not really up to spending the time required to get those concepts across to laymen.
    Charts please
    Strive for Peace with acts of war
    The beauty of death we all adore
    I have no faith distracting me
    I know why your prayers will never be answered

  6. #396
    Ascendant Jaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skidrow Bro View Post
    Charts please
    like I said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
    people have done this several times so I'm not going to repeat it.<snip>Personally I'm not really up to spending the time required to get those concepts across to laymen.
    Last edited by Jaya; 08-11-2011 at 11:28 AM.
    Jaya
    Tertian of the <Children of Mechanus>
    Kaleida (Defiant)

  7. #397
    Ascendant Skidrow Bro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
    like I said.
    AHAHAHA, and you call people out for saying those exact words. Hypocrite much?
    Last edited by Skidrow Bro; 08-11-2011 at 11:55 AM.
    Strive for Peace with acts of war
    The beauty of death we all adore
    I have no faith distracting me
    I know why your prayers will never be answered

  8. #398
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noaani View Post
    I'm curious, where is your proof that going cross server does shorten queue times?

    I've seen no evidence that this is the case, from any MMO with cross server grouping. It doesn't even hold up logically that it would shorten queue times, especially not for DPS, which is the only group of people that needed shorter queue times.

    Additionally, to me it's not even going cross server that is the major issue, it's the automation o group forming tools. I said it when the LFG tool first went live; I'd be happier with a well designed, cross server, manual group forming tool than with any form of automated tool, even if it were single server. Queue times of any length should not exist, because the game should not be forming groups for us.
    Seriously? You want proof that my queues are instant now where I was waiting an hour on primetime before? You're one of those people that scream at the waiter for grabbing the plate after she told you it was hot, aren't you...?
    Hi. I don't care. Thanks.

  9. #399
    Ascendant Laughingstock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noaani View Post
    I'm curious, where is your proof that going cross server does shorten queue times?
    You say you haven't, I say I have. My guildies say they have. Your guildies say they haven't.

    Stalemate.

  10. #400
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    889

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathius123 View Post
    Seriously? You want proof that my queues are instant now where I was waiting an hour on primetime before?
    My queue times have considerably gone up, so much so that I haven't had the time to run a group in 4 days now, it was already bedtime by the time I gave up. I was doing 2x a night before, now I'm lucky if I even get one.

    So, it's not so clean cut.

    Edit: As DPS, which is what I have always queued as both before and after the change.
    Last edited by JDTAdmin; 08-11-2011 at 12:28 PM.

  11. #401
    Ascendant Laughingstock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erszebet View Post
    Galena's queue times actually got longer with cross shard which is the biggest reason we run 5's exclusively in guild now. Speaking of, at least half our guild is pretty much only logging at raidtime, just like it was in WoW so, whu whut! There you go lying, being dramatic, and trying to weasle your way out of the subject at hand again. I say something degrades something and you misconstrue me as saying its "a horrible devilish idea." Oh the drama of it all.

    I'd say the bitter one is he who has the exit game screen as their avatar pic, lol?
    Threesprings is a better server than yours I guess. Maybe your on fail status? I don't know. But we're pretty busy all the time. When we don't want to do open world stuff we just queue.

    Anywho, you're still still here whining after grandstanding against crossshard for months in a losing cause. That's apparent.

    I'm guessing there's no amount of salve available to lessen the flames on your butt right now, because you're still crying about it daily.

  12. #402
    Ascendant Laughingstock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDTAdmin View Post
    My queue times have considerably gone up, so much so that I haven't had the time to run a group in 4 days now, it was already bedtime by the time I gave up. I was doing 2x a night before, now I'm lucky if I even get one.

    So, it's not so clean cut.

    Edit: As DPS, which is what I have always queued as both before and after the change.
    Learn to queue. Either learn to start tanking or learn to start healing.

    Otherwise, you can stay sad panda and post 'cross stinks' while you wait.

  13. #403
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    889

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laughingstock View Post
    Learn to queue. Either learn to start tanking or learn to start healing.

    Otherwise, you can stay sad panda and post 'cross stinks' while you wait.
    I'm sorry LS, but where do you get off telling me to learn to tank or heal. First off, I'm a mage, and I stink (heavy underline on stink) at healing., but am great at DPS and those rotations, so I DPS and perform very well.

    You need to get off this thread already. Seriously, telling people what classes they should play, are you serious?

    I was fine prior to this change and now my gaming experience is much, much worse. So I should change?


    Screw this, you are a worthless poster who doesn't even deserve a response anymore. I can't wait until SWTOR comes out, then I won't have to ever see you again.

    Matter of fact, I won't have to see you ever again here.

  14. #404
    Ascendant Wolfetx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erszebet View Post
    Now you're just twisting sensationalizing what I've said were my concerns and making weird accusations just to rationalize your own poor behavior in this forum. If you could, please quit being soo dramatic. Why are you soo openly envious to those who accel at traditional mmorpgs? You don't want accessability, you're bitter and think that everyone who plays a mmo deserves a trophy. Yeah I know theyre going WoTLK welfare with things, its obvious. It wont keep me for looking for the challenges this game has to offer. You're basically saying that "elitists" aka people who accel at traditional mmorpgs, being put in their place with an everybody gets a trophy welfare system brings you great joy. Get those dirty rotten guys that have done better at a video game than you, they deserve it. Video game entitilement, its unbelievable.

    I haven't cried about anything rather than simply voiced my opinion just like you. I guess having an opinion that differs from yours along with an argument you cant address = crying. Do you really have to misconstrue what people say in order to keep being self righteous? I still stand by what I've said.

    P.S. The only reason were still talking about it this to begin with is because you're still running this aggressive apologetics campaign rather than just enjoying enjoying what the cross server LFG has brought to your game.
    Over a decade of play mmo's and IMHO WotLK was one of the best exp i have ever players.
    I truly gave access to content to most of the player base while still keeping challenge via hardmodes for those that wanted it. Oh btw b4 you scream that i am just one of those welfare people. Ill point out i killed hm LK 10 and 20 man and we did the 10m hm kh kill before the icc buff reached 15% and went back and did it with out the buff. I have many server first kills in wotlk and now in cata. So i am not a noob that just wants things made easy for me.
    I am a long term mmo player that feels the entire player base deserves to have access to the content. Not just a select few!
    I have no problem with some one having a alternate route to the same gear or a easier time getting it that i have, Because my sense of self worth is not tied to gear or any thing that happens in a video game.

    I also have no issue with every one getting a trophy. I think its a wonderful concept even in the real life version. It teaches that wining and losing is not the important part. How you play the game (IE fairly and justly) and having fun is!
    I personally don't know what campaign your talking about. Me i just finish 3back to back good xlfg runs took a break to look the forums over and make a couple of post. So i would say that i am personally enjoying what xlfg has brought to the game.

  15. #405
    Ascendant Laughingstock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDTAdmin View Post
    Screw this, you are a worthless poster who doesn't even deserve a response anymore. I can't wait until SWTOR comes out, then I won't have to ever see you again.

    Matter of fact, I won't have to see you ever again here.
    Me and three million other players?

    You pay your sub. I was offering you advice to get better groups. If you don't want to heal, then you can sit on the sidelines and weep.

    It wasn't an ultimatum, lol.
    Last edited by Laughingstock; 08-11-2011 at 01:34 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 70 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts