+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 70 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 69 ... LastLast
Like Tree715Likes

Thread: New LFD: Verdict?

Quote Originally Posted by Frakthefriendly View Post
    For the most part, people who wanted it, like it.

People who did not want it have all had ninja groups telling dead baby jokes and have never had a good experience with it.

I'm shocked.
    Just like I'm shocked that not one person that wanted it has had a negative experience with cross server LFG in any game ever, "not once out of thousands of times using it." ROFL

While you're pathetically trying to slam what I've previously said you could maybe pay attention to what I've said recently when I've described my positive experiences with this LFG. TBH, the players I've encountered so far trying it have be ok for the most part. Unlike many people, I've been honest about it. Now the catch is galena's wait times are longer than they ever were, ... megafail.

No worries though. Were enjoying instant queues again as we go back to using the LFG with full premade groups and continuing our achievements.

Good luck and I hope you keep enjoying cross shard LFG!
    Everyone wants an

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfetx View Post
    I also have no issue with every one getting a trophy. I think its a wonderful concept even in the real life version.

Plane Walker

I do not do alot of these anymore but it seems exactly the same as before lack of tanks lack of healers. I queued for 36min to do the new saga then a person in my guild asked to do it with me he queued as a tank and instant queue.

So it did absolutely nothing to solve the basic issue of lack of tanks and healers just increased the dps queue exponentially

Quote Originally Posted by Noaani View Post
    The best thing I can think of for future MMO developers to do, as I have also suggested in the past, is to develop games with larger group sizes. Instead of needing a tank, healer and support for every two DPS, have groups of eight so you can have a tank, healer, support and five DPS in one group.
    The reason we don't see as many tanks gearing up through things like LFG is because at least half of them already know they would never get a spot tanking in the 20 man raids. If they put out raid content with encounters that required more tanks then LFG would see more tanks. You say require less tanks per other roles in 5 man content? I think more tanks being required per role for raid content would be a more permanent solution to the problem. In games I've played in the past that did require more tanks in raids, it was never hard to find tanks for regular dungeons.
    Everyone wants an

I also have no issue with every one getting a trophy. I think its a wonderful concept even in the real life version.

Quote Originally Posted by Laughingstock View Post
    Based on how you ended your response here with 'rofl' x 3.. that seems to show your actual interest in things, not the bigger discussion of cross shard. Not going to get into a texting speech argument with you, sorry.

Reality: Cross shard is here to stay. You don't like it that's just sad panda.

You want to sub? Good. You don't? Wait for SWTOR, GW2 and TSW to come out then, or go back to Warhammer. Or better yet, try consoles which may please you more.

But this incessant whining everyday for months before cross server came out and now that it's out is fruitless. What do you hope to gain exactly? A repeal of the system? A sympathetic ear? A pity party? Protests in Sanctum square? Trion isn't changing any of that no matter what because unlike you, they can tell exactly how many people are actually getting runs now than before and how many more people are acquiring gear.

Did you really think they just threw this in with no way to track what is happening in-game, despite what a few people are trying to falsely claim as the overall reality?

Truth be told you actually burned out on RIFT long ago, but are unwilling to accept that fact and actually want to blame your future with this game unsubbing on cross shard.

There are more of you out there than you know and I understand that, but at least have the decency to say "I'm bored with RIFT now so I'm quitting" like people before you honestly did; not "Cross server is the devil, so.."

I would suggest you follow the advice of my sig. You're only making yourself unhealthy here.
    I'm not whining so you can stop running the apologetics campaign for cross server LFG anytime now. What exactly do you stand to gain by doing so when you already know its here to stay? Oh thats right, you get to type to people anonymously in a manner that you would never get away with speaking to them directly. Getting away with being disrespectful to people anonymously is likely what you stand to get out of doing what you do. You sure don't like being on the other end of that though do you now?

I'm not bored with Rift. I'm having a blast finishing up our dungeon achievements and progression raiding. My concern has always been that cross server LFG will set a negative tone on each individual server when casual players no longer have to count on eachother to get what they want in game. Just like what happened in WoW that you five cross server LFG apologists in this forum would say are lies and slander, lol.

You have no room to talk about unhealthy behavior to someone you have three times the forum post history as. I wonder where you guys actually find the time to enjoy cross shard LFG when you still spend soo much time defending it while anonymously nurture your little man syndrome on the forums. Take care.
    Last edited by Erszebet; 08-08-2011 at 06:36 AM.
    Everyone wants an

Quote Originally Posted by Erszebet View Post
    My concern has always been that cross server LFG will set a negative tone on each individual server when casual players no longer have to count on eachother to get what they want in game.

Just like what happened in WoW that you five cross server LFG apologists in this forum would say are lies and slander, lol.
    Your Chicken Little act has been going on for three months, and you've accomplished.. nothing. Do you realize how much time you've wasting whining about a problem that doesn't affect you since you already said you don't use cross server?

You claim you're concerned but you post about it like you're scared. Negative tone "on each individual server"? You don't play on each individual server so you really don't care what happens to them anymore than you care what happens to each individual mmo.

Here's an idea: Why don't you play on YOUR server and worry about the negativity there, and let Trion worry about the negativity on 'each individual server'?

If you chat and act there like you post here on these forums, you don't have to look far for the source of the actual negativity. A mirror should be all you need to find it.

Casual players don't seem to have any problems getting things done. Just worry about yourself and let the casuals worry about themselves.
    Last edited by Laughingstock; 08-08-2011 at 06:55 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Noaani View Post
    As for DAoC, due to the PvP nature, having more than one tank in a group was always wanted, as were multiple healers. A PvE centric game with eight players per group will not necessarily have that issue. If the PvE content were designed around needing five DPS, but only ever needing one support, one tank and one healer, that is what groups will take.
    I was talking about DAoC PvE. Having a bigger group means you have to scale the mobs in proportion, and that usually translate partly to larger pulls. Then it's more efficient to have an offtank or some CC.

Can you really make encounters that will scale only to more DPS slots ? I'm not completely convinced.

Shield of Telara

I wanted it and I still do. I have into a few facepalm scenerios as well with someone ragequitting right in the middle of a t2 for stupid reasons. But I'm an adult and can accept the fact there's some ******bags out there that get worse with annonimity. For most all x-server runs so far I have no complaints so having a rare occurence of some child having a tantrum doesn't bother me. It's not like I never excperienced them when it was server only.
    Last edited by Sumuji; 08-08-2011 at 08:08 AM.

I don't really like X-server LFG. Partly because I'll rarely meet the same people, and therefore the chances of creating bonds with strangers are lowered.

Only done one dungeon like that for now. Of the other 4, 3 were ok. The only idiot was actually from my server :/
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Laughingstock View Post
    Your Chicken Little act has been going on for three months, and you've accomplished.. nothing. Do you realize how much time you've wasting whining about a problem that doesn't affect you since you already said you don't use cross server?

You claim you're concerned but you post about it like you're scared. Negative tone "on each individual server"? You don't play on each individual server so you really don't care what happens to them anymore than you care what happens to each individual mmo.

Here's an idea: Why don't you play on YOUR server and worry about the negativity there, and let Trion worry about the negativity on 'each individual server'?

If you chat and act there like you post here on these forums, you don't have to look far for the source of the actual negativity. A mirror should be all you need to find it.

Casual players don't seem to have any problems getting things done. Just worry about yourself and let the casuals worry about themselves.
    Amen, Brother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exxyy View Post
    People acts like they know everything

I'm not whining so you can stop running the apologetics campaign for cross server LFG anytime now. What exactly do you stand to gain by doing so when you already know its here to stay? Oh thats right, you get to type to people anonymously in a manner that you would never get away with speaking to them directly. Getting away with being disrespectful to people anonymously is likely what you stand to get out of doing what you do. You sure don't like being on the other end of that though do you now?

I'm not bored with Rift. I'm having a blast finishing up our dungeon achievements and progression raiding. My concern has always been that cross server LFG will set a negative tone on each individual server when casual players no longer have to count on eachother to get what they want in game. Just like what happened in WoW that you five cross server LFG apologists in this forum would say are lies and slander, lol.

You have no room to talk about unhealthy behavior to someone you have three times the forum post history as. I wonder where you guys actually find the time to enjoy cross shard LFG when you still spend soo much time defending it while anonymously nurture your little man syndrome on the forums. Take care.
    Hi, chicken little , give it up already. You have made it quite clear that you do not even use cross server LFD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Viln View Post

PvP is a test of manhood and most of you will fail.

Quote Originally Posted by xanduin246 View Post
    its not an improvement for me.. ive been queued as dps and support since the shards came up, havent gotten in.........
    <-- same as above...
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes...
    Avonos - ... but this is beta and everything including your underwear is subject to change...

Plane Touched

Default Still waiting.

Hasn't changed much for me, I still sit around for an hour+ waiting for a group queued up as 50 mage DPS/Support for t2

Just like I'm shocked that not one person that wanted it has had a negative experience with cross server LFG in any game ever, "not once out of thousands of times using it." ROFL
    Eh, most people have talked about the negative experiences they've had, they just mention things like they can count them on one hand out of the thousand+ groups they've done.

For example, my negative experience with wow ninja looters in cross shard lfg has doubled recently ... going from 1 to 2 while I was leveling a new alt hunter. That's out of 1000+ groups, where at least 600 of them were fully random.

eventually I'm going to have that happen a 3rd time, and then my cross shard ninjalooters will be tied with my pug raid ninjalooters, at least in pure numbers (ie, 3) .... though it still has a long way to go to catch up percentage-wise. I doubt that'll ever happen.
    Jaya
    Tertian of the <Children of Mechanus>
    Kaleida (Defiant)

Quote Originally Posted by Palvy View Post
    The ratios of people playing various roles are not going to change because of the time of day. There is no intrinsic "time of day" factor which would cause people to overwhelmingly want to play tanks between 7 and 9 am, but then want to play DPS from 9 to noon.
    This is a totally unfounded assumption.

And, sadly, by removing yourself from chat and only using the cross-shard LFG system so that you can run dungeons without putting any effort into finding a group, or into interacting with others in your group--you have insulated yourself from any community. It's completely incomprehensible why people who don't care about a community and don't want to be part of one play an MMO to begin with.
    Is someone actually arguing that they only want to use the cross shard lfg system and never interact with people? Or is this just another big strawman argument?

Even if someone has made that argument, I suspect that they're far in the minority of those of us who are happy about cross shard coming to the lfg tool.

Eh, most people have talked about the negative experiences they've had, they just mention things like they can count them on one hand out of the thousand+ groups they've done.

For example, my negative experience with wow ninja looters in cross shard lfg has doubled recently ... going from 1 to 2 while I was leveling a new alt hunter. That's out of 1000+ groups, where at least 600 of them were fully random.

eventually I'm going to have that happen a 3rd time, and then my cross shard ninjalooters will be tied with my pug raid ninjalooters, at least in pure numbers (ie, 3) .... though it still has a long way to go to catch up percentage-wise. I doubt that'll ever happen.
    Last edited by Jaya; 08-08-2011 at 12:59 PM.
    Jaya
    Tertian of the <Children of Mechanus>
    Kaleida (Defiant)

So far I've had pretty good dealings with the new cross-server, only a few bad runs. I hate going as DPS, on my Warrior, and since he wasn't greatly geared he took some spike damage on larger T1 pulls and healers decided they wanted to leave. Other than that I had a person que as tank last night but they couldn't actually hold agro worth a flip. I decided to swap to tank since we wiped twice on the first pull in IT. Apparently the tank didn't have any other roles and didn't like that I was tanking so when we got to the first boss he just ran around taunting everything which screwed up my agro control. Afterwards he needed on the drop and left the group while taunting us in chat... Other than that I've had somewhat good runs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 70 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 69 ... LastLast