+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Hellrime

Thread: Authenticators

Shadowlander

Default Authenticators

Hey, I wanted to see if there are any plans for alternate authenticators? You have the one for iPhone and the Android phone, but not any other options. You have to forgive me as I only use my phone for calls and texts, which makes it hard to want to purchase a $500.00 phone for a free authenticator; I guess I'm old fashioned. I was just wondering if there is possibly an alternate route for the protection, as I'm seeing a large number of hackers/gold farmers, etc...

I'd love to see key-chain ones as well, seeing as I have no interest in a smart phone.

Giy

I would like to see a hardware based one so I don't have to worry about these points:
    A) have to worry about upgrading my android phone (therefore possibly causing a problem accessing the authenticator)
    B) my phone has power

neither of my points are a big problems nor are they faults with the software authenticators. I just prefer an hardware authenticator. It would go well with my WoW one.
    Last edited by Giy; 08-02-2011 at 01:08 PM.

Soulwalker

I would love to have an authenticator that didn't require me to have an iphone or android phone.

I would love an authenticator that would actually protect my account and not just the game login.
    | Coolermaster HAF 932 | Asus Sabertooth P67 | Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz | Noctua NH-C14 @ 900rpm | Corsair 16GB Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3 | OCZ Vertex 3 Max IOPS 120GB SSD | OCZ Vertex 3 240GB SSD | 2x XFX HD6970 2GB CrossFireX | LG CH08LS BD-ROM | Samsung SyncMaster 244T 24" TFT |

Quote Originally Posted by Hellrime View Post
    Hey, I wanted to see if there are any plans for alternate authenticators? You have the one for iPhone and the Android phone, but not any other options. You have to forgive me as I only use my phone for calls and texts, which makes it hard to want to purchase a $500.00 phone for a free authenticator; I guess I'm old fashioned. I was just wondering if there is possibly an alternate route for the protection, as I'm seeing a large number of hackers/gold farmers, etc...
    Also it is far cheaper. Keychain version would cost $6 to $8 USD vs 300-500 for smart phone.
    System:
    Win7 64bit - I7 930 3.38GHz Liquid Cooled - 6 GB DDR3 - Ati 5970 Driver 11.8 CCC 2 - HDD Raid 0 1 TB -2nd HDD 1TB SATA - Blu-Ray - Display 32" Samsung HDTV 1920x1080

I would love that too!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Hellrime View Post
    Not advertising for anyone but you can get the 8 gig Iphone 3gs for 49 bucks from ATT.

Quote Originally Posted by Drillo View Post
    Not advertising for anyone but you can get the 8 gig Iphone 3gs for 49 bucks from ATT.
    Looks like a great deal until you get into the contracts and how badly these companies screw you with monthly costs.

That is also with a 2 year contract.
    System:
    Win7 64bit - I7 930 3.38GHz Liquid Cooled - 6 GB DDR3 - Ati 5970 Driver 11.8 CCC 2 - HDD Raid 0 1 TB -2nd HDD 1TB SATA - Blu-Ray - Display 32" Samsung HDTV 1920x1080

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Romiz View Post
    That is also with a 2 year contract.
    of course but if your gonna upgrade your phone or out of contract its a good deal just sayin

of course but if your gonna upgrade your phone or out of contract its a good deal just sayin
    Well I do not have a cell phone nor plan to ever get one. Guess too many years working in the national cancer registry to like them.
    System:

+ Reply to Thread