+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Has anyone ever activated all the ancient wardstones in an area?

Rift Disciple

Default Has anyone ever activated all the ancient wardstones in an area?

Just curious if someone has activated all the ancient wardstones in one area before. I have heard there was like some super quest you get after doing this, but I've never seen it done nor done it myself, any info on this would be awesome!

My guild did the one in Scarlet Gorge and a big bug popped out and we killed her. Not sure about the other zones.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Tiniky View Post
    Just curious if someone has activated all the ancient wardstones in one area before. I have heard there was like some super quest you get after doing this, but I've never seen it done nor done it myself, any info on this would be awesome!
    Yes, it has been done, and it spawns a group boss of the same level as the zone.

But they are being removed, or atleast that part.

Shadowlander

My guild did all the one in droughtlands and this big Cyclops Scorpion boss popped

Rift Disciple

Awww sad times it is being removed, guess I should try it out before they remove it!

Telaran

why would they remove an existing feature? that's one of the reasons I left Eve..they were doing that to the game there.

I got Calydon in Scarwood:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJKkDJxzjSM

Quote Originally Posted by Tiniky View Post
    Ive been in SG and seen it pop, you get an achievement for killing it (much like colossi). havent seen th SW or DL ones yet

Rift Master

testing for bugs

Quote Originally Posted by Magron View Post
    why would they remove an existing feature? that's one of the reasons I left Eve..they were doing that to the game there.
    Because it sucks, isn't used and they want to replace it with something less sucky?

I've triggered/killed all three. Be forewarned though, the bosses that spawn have far fewer HPs than zone event colossi and tend to spawn on the opposite end of the zone. Oh, and you don't get achievement credit unless you/your group tag(s) first. Think you also miss out on some of the loot if you don't tag first.

Yeah, not sure why they're going away, rather than merely being left alone. I don't get it myself; maybe there were issues with them conflicting with some intended mechanic that we haven't seen yet.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Telaran

Wow this seems like it could be a fun event.. I always thought Rift was lacking with world bosses (the diamond mobs never dropped me anything good.) Hopefully they are removing it to add in something better because it'd be sorta pointless to remove it outright.

Rift Disciple

In one of their patch notes, they stated that the intent of the ancient wardstones mechanic was to stimulate world PvP; however, it hadn't worked in that fashion, so they were going to remove it.

Realistically, I'm not sure how they figured it WOULD work. If you're activating an ancient wardstone, the only way the other side really pays any attention to it is if they are actively pursuing one of the quests associated with it. Even if every opponent in a zone knows the other side is activating the ancient wardstones, the question that has to be asked is WHETHER OR NOT THEY EVEN CARE.

I think that's a fundamental problem with a lot of Rift mechanics; there has been a presumption that players would act in a certain manner, but the rewards for doing so are so miniscule that it isn't worth setting aside other activites a player may be involved in. For instance, how many of us drop everything to stop an invasion, destroy a foothold, or close a rift? The rewards, in general, aren't worth it.

People pay subscriptions to have fun; too many of these side activities aren't fun. Players aren't going to divert themselves from whatever they've planned for a play session just because Trion has created the opportunity to do so; the diversion needs to be rewarding, engrossing, stimulating, ******ic... i.e., fun. Ancient wardstones weren't particularly fun...
    Last edited by Kreegan; 07-28-2011 at 04:09 PM. Reason: typo

+ Reply to Thread