Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Making plat in Rift

Default Making plat in Rift

How the hell do you do it ?

I've been 50 for 2 weeks now and I'm constantly at 20p. There is nothing farmable that would yield any decent profit, dailies give crap money unless you sell the icewatch marks which are 1p on Whitefall. Farming mobs in Stillmoor once again gives crap money.

Rift Master

Professions? Got em? no? Get them!

Butchering, mining, rune break/crafter, herbilism... all good solid ways of making plat. Under cutting a lil on the AH but never so much that you lose the better profit. if somethings good and worth it, don't sell it if its to cheap.
    Last edited by Tatersaladin; 07-14-2011 at 11:27 PM.

Cool

Well, there are several ways of making money. First rule: people are stupid.

If you don't mind a week's vacation and you're on PvE shard I'd advise loading up on as many mid/high mats as you can (which are generally stupidly cheap on the AH due to supply) and transfer to a PvP server where mats are usually in lesser quantity- even better if your factions isn't the dominant one on that server because items are more scarce. I made the majority of my plat on Lotham doing this- when I was there it was absolutely a seller's market.

Once you have money you can start monopolizing certain markets but the availability can change day to day. On PvE servers I have actually done modestly well selling leveling gear as the mats are usually so undercut as they hardly turn a profit.

Finally, and if I wasn't more than a bit inebriated I wouldn't say anything until October- dyes. Other merchant sold items are probably resellable as well but the ignorant and vain love to spend 3-10x as much buying resold dyes on the AH instead of doing a bit of research to find out who the NPC is.

You're welcome.
    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -Frank Zappa

perhaps your rate of logistics and death is a bit high?
    idk about you but when im doing dailys it rakes in the coin
    who took my names!

Rift Master

Also when your doing dailes u loot the mobs right? You get some cloth? You kill some animal you can butcher or stand near a ore vain that you can mine or even pretty little flower you can pick... AH baby, AH and that means plat. OH go farm some rifts for matz to. those little blue essence go well on most any AH. I hit 50 and with in a week i hate the plat for my epic mount and still have plat left over for editional class training and other things.
    Last edited by Tatersaladin; 07-14-2011 at 11:35 PM.

Telaran

Crafting rifts make you good gold.

Eternal Planar dust/Minor Catalysts sell for a decent amount depending on my server (Wolfsbane Gaurdian is 4p for EPD/8p for MC)

You can make ~120P with only 10 people each contributing a lure

Soulwalker

I made a mage twink, collected and sold the low level incredients for the guild-quests and the artifacts i found.
    At Level 25 I had around 125Plat, most of it from artifacts (3-15 plat for a blue one dependend on supply and demand). Yesterday hit Level 44 @ 350 plat.
    The auction house is a mighty tool in this case ;)

Sure you can farm money in the same amount of time with your main, but I wanted a mage alt anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post

I've been 50 for 2 weeks now and I'm constantly at 20p. There is nothing farmable that would yield any decent profit, dailies give crap money unless you sell the icewatch marks which are 1p on Whitefall. Farming mobs in Stillmoor once again gives crap money.
    You must do something wrong, my 1 week lvl 50 guardian without any help from my main source income (my main toon is Defiant) i got like 300 plats all from quests and profit buy selling mats on AH. I got over 8000 plats on my Defiant toons. Rift is way too easy making money and yes there is someone lazy ppls still buying plat from gold sellers >.<

Rift Master

Default to make it simple....

Plan A. Farm underpants.

Plan B. ??????

Plan C. Profit!

there you go.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post

I have no idea what your doing wrong. Plat rolls in hand over fist in this game.
    I have zero professions. I do a few dailies each day and basically spend my time rift chasing for fun.
    I have 400 plat on my main. I have 4 epic mounts have feed my alts all the purple loot the AH can furnish all my alts that the best mounts they can have for there level and all have max sized bags.

You clearly have to be doing some thing wrong here.

Telaran

I understand your pain, but its treatable

As many posters correctly indicating, crafting or suport crafting (materials) is a good way to enhance your income.

Dungeons can be very profitable, not all drops are soulbound, and can sell for a good penny at the market. Also I get a lot of coin just from the defeats as well.

Closing Rifts, can be, but its very random, a good source of coin to. I recommend to go to very isolated areas and open up a rift, so you can solo it. Often you will get lesser and some greater plannar essences and goodies that do sell at times for a small fortune. I recommend soloing, so you can get the drops yurself, I have such bad luck, that I often find myself working for someone else's benefit.

DrRocket

Prophet of Telara

I feel for you. Last week I have only been pvping in wf's and have next to no coin. I need the greens that drop and vendor them occasionally do some dailies for some extra coin.
    They should just convert experience at 50 making quests worth doing at 50 if it's not for rep it's pretty well pointless doing. Anyway that's been suggested loads of times. As expected all these answers mean too much time investment.

Rift falls behind in the polish of many area's of their game. Some things are addressed most seem to be forgotten.
    Last edited by Detill5869; 07-15-2011 at 07:17 AM.

When you see an exceptional deal from one of the goldfarmers spamming in your main city, you have an opportunity to make tons of plat
    5/5 GSB || 4/4 RoS || 4/4 GP || 4/4 DH || 3/10 HK || R2/8

Prophet of Telara

if you have 90 cents you can just buy 10 plat. that's the recent gold spam ad i saw last night
    Last edited by m1nus; 07-15-2011 at 07:39 AM.

Prophet of Telara

So you rather promote gold buying than have trion address the obvious shortage in quests relating to pvp that award gold? So I get experience which is useless to me at 50 some favor which is ok but 30g is rubbish when you can run up to 4 games 1 hours worth to complete it. I can do 5 dailies which are boring as all hell after doing them loads of times already takes about 1-2hrs or run an instance which I tank for and make 1plat a run. Instancing become boring as well given I have ran T2's for both tank pieces and dps pieces as a warrior. This after the change to plaques.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast