+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 45

Thread: Too much griefing low levels in pvp

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    150

    Default Too much griefing low levels in pvp

    Just wondering how others feel but rolling on my alt I am seeing lots of camping rogues. They appear, stab you in the back, wait for you to respawn, rinse and repeat. I know age of conan has implemented changes to curb this issue such as causing the offender to be pvp flagged even for your same faction and if the offender is killed then one of your high level items is lootable.

    I love pvp but griefing low level players is a problem. Thoughts?

  2. #2
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gokeo View Post
    Just wondering how others feel but rolling on my alt I am seeing lots of camping rogues. They appear, stab you in the back, wait for you to respawn, rinse and repeat. I know age of conan has implemented changes to curb this issue such as causing the offender to be pvp flagged even for your same faction and if the offender is killed then one of your high level items is lootable.

    I love pvp but griefing low level players is a problem. Thoughts?
    This issue was fixed prior to release

  3. #3
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    469

    Default

    I agree.

    And unfortunatley (and why alot of pvpers get bad raps) is because of bs like this. I always thought it was sad people need to somehow superficially boost their ego by ganking some lower level people.

    Just keep it in mind that the person is so bad at pvp they cant kill anyone their own level so they need to do it because they suck.

    Anyway sorry that you are getting griefed but sadly it in every game

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maladon View Post
    This issue was fixed prior to release
    Was that sarcasm or serious?

    It's still happening so I assume you are kidding.

  5. #5
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gokeo View Post
    Was that sarcasm or serious?

    It's still happening so I assume you are kidding.
    No, that issue is 100% resolved. There's no way this can happen to anyone who decides they don't want that type of player interaction. Not sure how you're still experiencing this.

  6. #6
    Plane Walker Bufkus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gokeo View Post
    Just wondering how others feel but rolling on my alt I am seeing lots of camping rogues. They appear, stab you in the back, wait for you to respawn, rinse and repeat. I know age of conan has implemented changes to curb this issue such as causing the offender to be pvp flagged even for your same faction and if the offender is killed then one of your high level items is lootable.

    I love pvp but griefing low level players is a problem. Thoughts?
    It's a terrible behavior but I rarely see it on my shard. Sucks that it's a problem on yours but Trion doesn't need to address this unless there's an epidemic of it.

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barsh View Post
    I agree.

    And unfortunatley (and why alot of pvpers get bad raps) is because of bs like this. I always thought it was sad people need to somehow superficially boost their ego by ganking some lower level people.

    Just keep it in mind that the person is so bad at pvp they cant kill anyone their own level so they need to do it because they suck.

    Anyway sorry that you are getting griefed but sadly it in every game
    I agree. I am just thinking there are ways to fix it.

  8. #8
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,279

    Default

    Easy fix for this, don't allow players to target other players that are not within 5 levels (or whatever spread works)

    Exceptions would be if the other player is in enemy territory or messing with something that is PvP centric.
    Last edited by Nestran; 07-08-2011 at 10:34 AM.

  9. #9
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gokeo View Post
    I agree. I am just thinking there are ways to fix it.
    I'm telling you...this has already been fixed

  10. #10
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    261

    Default

    don't ***** if you're on a pvp server, that is your choice.
    Bouse - Dayblind - Defiant - Cleric

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maladon View Post
    No, that issue is 100% resolved. There's no way this can happen to anyone who decides they don't want that type of player interaction. Not sure how you're still experiencing this.
    What do you mean? Just picking a pve server? Because I was not flagged pvp but am on a pvp server- epoch.

    What stops a high level player from heading to silverwood?

  12. #12
    Ascendant Aumvaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,572

    Default

    RED name = DEAD name.

    IMO, if you think otherwise, you don't belong on a PvP server, or even in a warfront.
    Fare thee well
    Let your life proceed by its own design
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine.

  13. #13
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gokeo View Post
    What do you mean? Just picking a pve server? Because I was not flagged pvp but am on a pvp server- epoch.

    What stops a high level player from heading to silverwood?
    On a pve server this will never happen to you. On a pvp server you are consenting to this type of behavior when you log in.

    On a pve server a dozen high level players could dance around you in silverwood and never be able to touch you.

  14. #14
    Ascendant Aumvaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nestran View Post
    Easy fix for this, don't allow players to target other players that are not within 5 levels (or whatever spread works)
    In EQ1, on the Rallos Zek server, it was +/-4 levels. There were numerous problems.

    For example, a group of 6 players, one of whom is 47th level, the rest are 45-45. A group of 50s attacks the level 47, whose lower-level group-mates are unable to defend him.

    Trying to get around that issue opens up other cans of worms. This is why, when the Tallon Zek & Vallon Zek servers were opened, the spread was widened to +/-8 levels, & later when the Sullon Zek server was opened, the level range was got rid of entirely. Eventually, they all got merged back to Rallos Zek, & I don't know what that server's level range is now, or if it even has one.

    In EQ2, there's a level range that scales to the zone. In the highest level zones, there is no level range at all; if you're a level 10 in those zones, you're fair game.

    So, yes, there are ways to implement level ranges, & some of those ways can even work, but developers need to be very careful about implementing them.
    Fare thee well
    Let your life proceed by its own design
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine.

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EmoxiHaX View Post
    don't ***** if you're on a pvp server, that is your choice.
    Pvp and griefing are 2 different things. I am talking about level 50 rogues camping on level 20's. Obviously you are one of those people. Go troll somewhere else.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts