+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Too much griefing low levels in pvp

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    This is what rogues do, lol. Why do you think ppl play the most cowardly class ?!? Lowbies, ppl with mobs on them, anything that looks like an easy target to grief.
    I agree, not that all rogues are cowards but it tends to be rogues that do the griefing.

Try respawning at the very beginning of your soul walk. I've noticed that there are no soul vitality penalties when another player kills you. Will there then be penalties if you respawn at the start of the soul walk?

Quote Originally Posted by Gokeo View Post
    I agree, not that all rogues are cowards but it tends to be rogues that do the griefing.
    During my leveling and 50. I got ganked/attempted ganked by OVER 9000 rogues, couple of warriors, 0 mages, 1 cleric.

I've had 0 fights in wpvp with rogues on equal terms. Always some level 50 **** when I was much lower level, NEVER EVER did a rogue attempt to fight me unless he knew his chances to win were staggering in his favor. But quite a few of them got a surprise when it was THEY who got owned inspite of my being level 46-48 and they 50 and wearing rank 1-2, which goes to prove it that perhaps the reason they target weaklings is because they suck at pvp on equal terms.

Shadowlander

*sigh* What is it about PvP threads that always brings out all the "play to win!" kids. Must be an ego thing...

Honestly, I would suggest leveling on a PvE server. I have always been a huge proponent of PvP servers myself, and I have played on one for most of my WoW and DAoC experience. And it's great when it works as intended: the tense 1v1 stand-offs in the wild, the random town raids, the wars to claim neural quest-hubs. I loved all of it. But in all honesty that's less than half of your PvP experiences on a PvP server. The rest consists of getting ganked for teh lulz by random idiots.

If you are hell-bent on staying on the PvP shard, I can offer you one bit of advice aside from the common stuff (rez away from you body, play a different character if camped, ask for help, etc):
    - Have a lvl 50 alt that you PvP with regularly, preferably a tanky spec
    - Park that alt in the zone where you are leveling your current guy
    - Bring him out if you get ganked more than once by the same person
    - They will eventually get tired of getting stomped by some high level schmuck and his army of vengeful newbies and quit (usually after claiming victory)
    - It won't really teach anybody any lessons, but at least you won't feel like your evening was wasted.

Eventually though, my friends and I simply got tired of the hassle. It was great fun when I was young and had all the time in the world to play. The world was big and dangerous and it kept you on your toes. Now I log in here and there on occasion and would rather not have my evening hijacked by a snickering teenager. Sure, I do still have the occasional "man, I could totally take that guy" feeling when a Guardian snipes my ore node or something, but I think the trade-off is worth it in the long run. You should seriously consider that option.

What stops a high level player from heading to silverwood?
    what good is that going to do them?
    Jaya
    Tertian of the <Children of Mechanus>
    Kaleida (Defiant)

Are you a Defiant or Guardian?

I transferred here as a Defiant the day transfers became allowed (and before I knew Guardians were out-numbered) and leveled a new toon to level 31 w/o getting ganked once.

On Reclaimer, that wouldn't have been the case...

If you're on the Defiant side I can hang around where you are if you want. I am working on one of my 50s gathering skills anyway.
    If the doors of perception were cleansed, every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
    what good is that going to do them?
    No good at all. just ganking lower level players.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by nine9six View Post
    Are you a Defiant or Guardian?

I transferred here as a Defiant the day transfers became allowed (and before I knew Guardians were out-numbered) and leveled a new toon to level 31 w/o getting ganked once.

On Reclaimer, that wouldn't have been the case...

If you're on the Defiant side I can hang around where you are if you want. I am working on one of my 50s gathering skills anyway.
    Guardian unfortunately. Thanks for the offer. If I roll an alt there I will look you up.

No worries man. I guess people leveled to a point of feeling froggy and decided to leap on some lower-levels. There's not much PvP that I've seen other than WFs. Hopefully some new Guardian guilds transfer over to increase your numbers.
    If the doors of perception were cleansed, every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite.

No good at all. just ganking lower level players.
    how are you going to gank low level players there...I mean, they're not likely to be pvp flagged...
    Jaya
    Tertian of the <Children of Mechanus>
    Kaleida (Defiant)

Shadowlander

I play a pvp server and am leveling my first character and have been killed many times by rogues. For some reason I havent been attacked by other classes which is probably just chance but I do think the rogue class lends itself to that opportunistic behavior (not that I mind or care i get killed). What I would really love to see is more penalty for dieing such as item drops or at least a major fee to ress or something. In addition to that if you choose to pk you should have more at risk should you lose. I loved the Murder system in old games like Ulitma and i pked quite a bit in that game. The downside is if you killed more than 5 players in 48 hours you became red and should you die in pvp you lost what would be the equivalent of 8-9 levels in experience as a penalty for dieing. The risk ensured that most people would not kill you but you always had to be careful just in case.

On my pvp server toon , I expect to be ganked and camped. Sometimes I wonder if i look so pitiful that folks don't bother because although it does happen , its not as common as some other games I have played.

Anyone play on the ffa server doac had? Man you couldn't even get out of the starter zone gate.
    Last edited by xtorma; 07-08-2011 at 03:38 PM.
    Minsc and Boo
    All time favorite RPG characters.

Transfer to a PvE server and don't forget to turn off your flag (it's on or used to be by default). Do your PvP in warfronts until you're Rank 7 and geared to the teeth. Transfer back to a PvP server and gank gankers.
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

This "griefing" does tend to happen and reoccur with rogues especially due to the invisibility factor. I am fortunate to have a main I can drag out and use if it gets annoying. There really is no counter but to try and move on, or ask someone else to solve the problem. I myself don't believe fighting dishonorably, but I don't forgive corpse camping and will retaliate with ferocity.

Been a long time since I played wow , but my little brother loved to kill the expert mobs at the waterhole outside of gadget. Needless to say it was on the direct route from the city to the group instance there. We were on stonemaul pvp. I used to sit there on my rogue and protect him while he was grinding.

After a few days.....people left him alone.
    Minsc and Boo
    All time favorite RPG characters.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3