+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Too much griefing low levels in pvp

If I may offer some advice, level on a PvE server and then transfer to a PvP server when you hit level cap. That's really the only sure-fire way to avoid the griefing. As for me, if I hear that level 50s are say in Stonefield ganking level 20s, I'll do what I can to drive them out if I'm not doing anything. If you're in a guild, ask in guild chat for a bit of help. That's about all you can do. It gets a little better when you can level in multiple zones too. Try to rez in odd areas with some distance from your corpse. I'll rez in trees sometimes and it works well on some lowbie killers (I feel insulted calling them PKs.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Maladon View Post
    On a pve server this will never happen to you. On a pvp server you are consenting to this type of behavior when you log in.

On a pve server a dozen high level players could dance around you in silverwood and never be able to touch you.
    Well if you are a meathead who sees no separation between pvp and griefing then I understand the divide but there is a stark difference between the two.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Gokeo View Post
    Pvp and griefing are 2 different things. I am talking about level 50 rogues camping on level 20's. Obviously you are one of those people. Go troll somewhere else.
    If you're really cut out for a pvp server this sort of thing is old news for you. It happens all the time on pvp servers and it's a small price to pay for the relative freedom we enjoy in that environment. Anyone who truly wants to avoid this type of behavior can do so, even on pvp servers. However, it sounds like you might be better served playing in an environment where this can't happen. Not a judgement on you, some people don't want to play with the constant threat of attack looming over them and I can understand that. I don't prefer it but I do understand it.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxagallanxchi View Post
    If I may offer some advice, level on a PvE server and then transfer to a PvP server when you hit level cap. That's really the only sure-fire way to avoid the griefing. As for me, if I hear that level 50s are say in Stonefield ganking level 20s, I'll do what I can to drive them out if I'm not doing anything. If you're in a guild, ask in guild chat for a bit of help. That's about all you can do. It gets a little better when you can level in multiple zones too. Try to rez in odd areas with some distance from your corpse. I'll rez in trees sometimes and it works well on some lowbie killers (I feel insulted calling them PKs.)
    Certainly a good idea although the shuffling is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Gokeo View Post
    Well if you are a meathead who sees no separation between pvp and griefing then I understand the divide but there is a stark difference between the two.
    Well, Scott Hartsman (sp) posted when the game launched that if you roll PvP, you will get griefed and that players should expect that kind of thing. Maladon simply paraphrased what Hartsman said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Aumvaar View Post
    In EQ1, on the Rallos Zek server, it was +/-4 levels. There were numerous problems.

For example, a group of 6 players, one of whom is 47th level, the rest are 45-45. A group of 50s attacks the level 47, whose lower-level group-mates are unable to defend him.

Trying to get around that issue opens up other cans of worms. This is why, when the Tallon Zek & Vallon Zek servers were opened, the spread was widened to +/-8 levels, & later when the Sullon Zek server was opened, the level range was got rid of entirely. Eventually, they all got merged back to Rallos Zek, & I don't know what that server's level range is now, or if it even has one.

In EQ2, there's a level range that scales to the zone. In the highest level zones, there is no level range at all; if you're a level 10 in those zones, you're fair game.

So, yes, there are ways to implement level ranges, & some of those ways can even work, but developers need to be very careful about implementing them.
    I am simply discussing possibilities, these are good and I agree they could be difficult to implement. this is very constructive however.

I just appreciate that rational people know the difference between pvp and griefing.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Aumvaar View Post
    RED name = DEAD name.

IMO, if you think otherwise, you don't belong on a PvP server, or even in a warfront.
    Thank you for your opinion.

Plane Touched

Yes there is a difference between PvP and griefing. Problem is, both are acceptable on the PvP servers. The devs have already stated this.

unfortunately, this is RIFT, and in RIFT, the devs have taken a hard line on pvp repeatedly.
    if you're on a pvp server, once you leave the starting zone you're fair game to all comers as you are force flagged for PVP.
    If this is not something you're agreeable to, transfer to a pve server, where you do not become flagged for PVP unless you chose to become flagged for PVP.
    that's really all there is to it.
    pvp server = i want to be able to be a **** and gank people of lower level.
    pve server = i want to have a choice about when I engage in pvp.

or, if you're like me, you're on a pvp server because that's where your friends are, and playing with them was more important than not getting ganked by the dip****s and ******s of the globe. i yawn at them, they kill me, i go about my day. if they camp me, i call in reinforcements and make them wish they'd brought lube. if your friends are motivated enough on a pvp server, the pvp server learns not to mess with people wearing your guild tag. it's not ideal, but it works.
    Last edited by Nakeeta; 07-08-2011 at 11:36 AM.
    Nakeeta

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Nakeeta View Post
    unfortunately, this is RIFT, and in RIFT, the devs have taken a hard line on pvp repeatedly.
    if you're on a pvp server, once you leave the starting zone you're fair game to all comers as you are force flagged for PVP.
    If this is not something you're agreeable to, transfer to a pve server, where you do not become flagged for PVP unless you chose to become flagged for PVP.
    that's really all there is to it.
    pvp server = i want to be able to be a **** and gank people of lower level.
    pve server = i want to have a choice about when I engage in pvp.

or, if you're like me, you're on a pvp server because that's where your friends are, and playing with them was more important than not getting ganked by the dip****s and ******s of the globe. i yawn at them, they kill me, i go about my day. if they camp me, i call in reinforcements and make them wish they'd brought lube. if your friends are motivated enough on a pvp server, the pvp server learns not to mess with people wearing your guild tag. it's not ideal, but it works.
    I am like you. I play where my friends are. It's a newer guild only a few level 50's about 40 members and we use vent but since most are mid level I can't call in a gank squad yet.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonflyy69 View Post
    Yes there is a difference between PvP and griefing. Problem is, both are acceptable on the PvP servers. The devs have already stated this.
    Aren't they sweet.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonflyy69 View Post
    Yes there is a difference between PvP and griefing...when I kill you it's PvP but when you kill me it's griefing.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Nestran View Post
    Easy fix for this, don't allow players to target other players that are not within 5 levels (or whatever spread works)

Exceptions would be if the other player is in enemy territory or messing with something that is PvP centric.
    That won't work because then we'd have 50's going after other 50's with a 44 healer that couldn't be killed.

100% fix for this...Roll on a PvE server. You can even set yourself so you can't accidentally flag yourself. (works well with the idiots that flag themselves at rifts to try and get you flagged. Also, your AoE heals won't heal flagged players unless you flag yourself first.

This is what rogues do, lol. Why do you think ppl play the most cowardly class ?!? Lowbies, ppl with mobs on them, anything that looks like an easy target to grief.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by PlagueSD View Post
    That won't work because then we'd have 50's going after other 50's with a 44 healer that couldn't be killed.

100% fix for this...Roll on a PvE server. You can even set yourself so you can't accidentally flag yourself. (works well with the idiots that flag themselves at rifts to try and get you flagged. Also, your AoE heals won't heal flagged players unless you flag yourself first.
    read my initial post age of conan has an excellent grief system that would bypass this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast