+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What to do at endgame as far as progression goes?

Rift Disciple

Unhappy What to do at endgame as far as progression goes?

Hello all,

I've been playing Rift since beta and have enjoyed it almost everyday. I've done most quests, hunted artifacts, crafted all crafts to 300, unlocked a whole bunch of cool recipes, done every raid a whole bunch of times.

My problem is, I'm currently a hardcore gamer. I like to play with most of my spare time assuming I am not working or hanging with friends or girlfriend. My problem with this game is that there is not enough to do at endgame. Once you reach max reputation in each place (which doesn't take long), there is nothing for an individual to do at endgame. Sure he could do one of the three raids, but you will get locked after you kill a boss, which prevents you from joining your guild at raiding time. This causes me to be bored as hell with Rift until it is raid time.

The thing about raid time is, you might not even get a position! ONLY 20 people can go. This causes people with guilds with extra people to have to sit some people out. What are those people to do? Just sit and stare at a wall? Go grind rep that they already have? Log off and do something else?

If they choose the last option then what is the point of paying for Rift at all. I guess perhaps it's because the leveling was too fast, everyone is 50, everyone already grinded the t1-t2 dungeons. Everyone has everything except raid level things, which they can only do 3 times a week during primetime.

In FFXI, you could PUG several different things that upgraded your gear and you did not get locked out of. I really hope to see this in RIFT, as currently I don't see anything in this game except raiding, which I may or may not able to do each week depending on how many people log on. Perhaps I just came to Rift too early, although I have played several other MMOs at release and they did not have this problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do if I am max PVP rank / 300 all crafts / all recipes / all t2 gear / locked out of raids. Warfronts are not as fun as world pvp, and that doesn't happen all too often, and that's not fun to do all the time. Maybe I am expected too much.

Thanks for reading.

Well, for one, a game can't exactly have unlimited content, you just have to wait for new things.
    I mean you listed everything there is to do in Rift there.

Crafting
    PvP
    Raids
    Achievements (but these are completely optional, they are just fluff they don't add anything)
    Dungeons
    Artifact hunting
    Rifts? (They are just the same repetitive thing though, so you can't "finish" them per se so no)

Some games, like this one which is somewhat new still, don't have unlimited content which you will never run out of doing. I mean even in WoW there is a limit to what you can do.

If you did everything then congratz! You beat the game! Now go roll an alt and do the exact same thing again
    Last edited by Dragon Lord; 07-07-2011 at 05:24 PM.

Rift Disciple

Hmm.. This is not what I did in the other games. I guess it is because I got the stuff too quickly before they patched it. Oh well, once hammerknell is released, that'll add another raid night, which will be nice. I just wish we didn't get locked out, that is my main issue.

Other games have things you can do that progress even above raid level without a lock. Or they just have more content.

Your complaint about sitting really depends on your guild and you yourself.

My guild has people sit. We try to balance making a successful raid force with not having a raider get a higher than 25% sit rate. If you are asked to sit, and stayed logged in as stand by, you still get dkp so you can still bid on gear when u are in next. With this set up raid mobs still die because we have quality players who knew this was the policy coming in.

In a guild with a static 20 man raid force and with back ups, you need to ask "why am I a back up." If it's just because you are the new guy, then maybe you need to ask if you want to be in a guil where it's nepotism and not performance that sets the bar. If it is because of performance u need to ask if you want to be in that kind of guild.

In a game based around groups and guilds downing content it is NOT only the responsibility of Trion to get you into the zone. If people don't get the chance to raid but think hey are good enough and geared enough to do so they need to put their big person pants on and take the steps the need to in order to get in the door or accept the fact that their opportunities may be limited.

+ Reply to Thread