+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: Perfect example why Rift's community fails

Rift Disciple

Sinndel, I was just thinking, "WTF is is that thing on Sin's avatar?" Then I finally read your sig.
    Bizmatek

Quote Originally Posted by Moshra View Post
    Sinndel, I was just thinking, "WTF is is that thing on Sin's avatar?" Then I finally read your sig.
    XD I did it to make a point in another thread, I'll be changing it completely after I've had my fun.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

Meh, people like to be jerks
    Hoss

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    I honestly think this issue has been blown waaaaaay out of proportion. I've only once encountered a time where I was racing another person for eggs, and usually the issue of courtesy doesn't come up because there's so many eggs out there that even if 5 people chose to do it at the exact same time, they wouldn't be stepping on eachother's toes.
    You mean that it's not nearly as bad as it seems, people just hype it up because they can't take some competition? Not big surprise.

But you make a clear and insightful post, one to be found in this nest of nonsense. *claps hands together and turns into an exclamation mark* Big surprise!

You need to look for shortcomings in yourself before you look for them in others. Otherwise, you're just a fat bluff and your word means nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Akragth View Post
    So because other people want to complete quests, the community fails?

Obviously, with hindsight, I'm sure the other players would simply delay their own questing, to allow you to finish yours first.
    Obviously not. The only hindsight is because of where they have their eyes at. Something similar happened to me twice today. I am fighting the mobs close to the item I want, only to have someone sneak in and take it from me while I'm doing the fighting they KNOW they are avoiding having to do.

So can the sarcasm, it doesn't apply and the OP has a good point. THIS is why I say there is no community policing itself and that concept never has and never will work, and why that argument about server "bad lists" (or whatever) against having cross server dungeon finder is bs (and they know it).
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by Taptap View Post
    Obviously not. The only hindsight is because of where they have their eyes at. Something similar happened to me twice today. I am fighting the mobs close to the item I want, only to have someone sneak in and take it from me while I'm doing the fighting they KNOW they are avoiding having to do.

So can the sarcasm, it doesn't apply and the OP has a good point. THIS is why I say there is no community policing itself and that concept never has and never will work, and why that argument about server "bad lists" (or whatever) against having cross server dungeon finder is bs (and they know it).

The eggs are instantly looted, therefore mobs are irrelevant. I assume, then, you are talking about another issue completely (mining, foraging?) and either didn't read the first post, or like to selectively quote to look smart.

Rift Chaser

Players "stealing" other peoples cleared loot - happened in wow so it'll happen here in wow2. Rift isn't suddenly going to attract a new breed of people that change their playing habits. It's been purposely designed to attract wow players (your not in azeroth anymore etc etc) so expect the same kinds of behaviour.

But try to remember, it's not everyone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9