+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Oceanic Recommended Shards - Laethys (PvE) [Dayblind now closed to transfers]

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Oceanic Recommended Shards - Laethys (PvE) [Dayblind now closed to transfers]

Greetings!

Oceanic players will now see two suggested shards (Dayblind & Laethys) when transferring your characters. These shards are hosted in the North America datacenter and already have active Oceanic populations that will likely provide you with the best experience in your search for a new community. They will continue to share the same maintenance times which we already schedule to avoid impacting your play time as little as possible.

North American players already on these shards will not be impacted in any way.

We want to thank those of you who have already taken the initiative to guide other Oceanic players to these shards and hope these suggestions make it easier for everyone to find the community that is best for them – have fun!

UPDATE: Dayblind has been removed from available destination shards due to population size. Players whose guilds have already transferred there can still follow them to Dayblind.
    Last edited by Elrar; 06-27-2011 at 04:34 PM.

Rift Disciple

OMG Hooray!

Sigh I just transfered to Seastone.

XTN
    Soulwalker

looks like i'd be transferring to Dayblind.

Hope the pvp scene there is awesome.

Default Gettin' a fair shake of tha sauce bottle!

Thank you, a labelled shard was desperately needed for incoming casual players. I was finding the ongoing fragmentation rather depressing, but now, rejoice!

Forum goers will be pleased to know that Rift discourse is business as usual (Going to resub now)

I've had 2 toons on there since headstart so have a couple of names saved which also makes me happy.

[Edit: Resubbing after I see it in action, cos I am cautious like that]
    Last edited by Friar Tuck; 06-24-2011 at 04:26 PM.
    My shiny carapace is cracked. I should have never left the sea. Krugon.

XTN
    Soulwalker

They should label Blaircliff an oceanic pvp server too.

Its has more oceanic players compared to Dayblind, if im not wrong.

Soulwalker

any guild..aussie/kiwi guilds making the move?

Quote Originally Posted by XTN View Post
    They should label Blaircliff an oceanic pvp server too.

Its has more oceanic players compared to Dayblind, if im not wrong.

This

I was shocked to be on Briarcliff last night and man was there a lot of people in Meridian at 4 am :P

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Nibi View Post
    This

I was shocked to be on Briarcliff last night and man was there a lot of people in Meridian at 4 am :P
    i just started again on briarcliff cause it was the unofficial oceanic server. i hope all the aussies dont leave for dayblind.

Briarcliff, Wolfsbane and Faeblight are the other unofficial oceanic servers... but Wolfsbane and Briarcliff tend to be over populated - most likely moving to Laethys now, hope there's a deccent amount of good Defiants

Wolvesbane was already decided and has been running as an "Unofficial" PVE Australian server since launch ... was decided by players.

Very disappointed that Trion have not listened to their gaming community and just named it as Oceanic with the amount of Guilds already there. The one my Hubbie and I are in has over 200 players and will not in any way be easy to even co-ordinate a guild transfer as you have to have banks empty etc.

I know it will be the same with the PvP server as they have already been playing on Briarcliff.

And yes ... that is one of the main reasons Trion that there is a queue on these servers .... because Aussies have called them home already since late February! I guess someone is not doing their homework and looking at the player demographic or did not even consider asing the player community in a POLL or something which would have confirmed what I am saying.

So now we will get to watch our server and guild loose players which everyone has worked hard to build up ...ie telling friends we are Wolvesbane ... and decline even more.

to Tiron for not officially asking for community input or even going back over the pages and pages of debate and semi polls we did way back in Beta 1- 6 to actually form a cohesive community as it was ....
    Last edited by Tiaora; 06-24-2011 at 04:49 PM.

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #12

We selected Oceanic preferred shards all players can transfer too. Briarcliff, Wolfsbane, and Faeblight are popular with many players and are not currently open for transfers nor can we restrict transfers only for Oceanic players. We're not telling Oceanic players to move anywhere, simply providing a place for those who do not have an active population of Oceanic players where they can transfer to if they are seeking one.

Thanks,
    Last edited by Elrar; 06-24-2011 at 04:54 PM.

I checked official shard status page, labels aren't showing there, but shard menu in-game does indeed now show Laethys (Oceanic) and Dayblind (Oceanic). For a suspicious moment on a re-read of Elrar's post I thought the labels would only come up for transfers, but now I am reassured. And will resub.
    My shiny carapace is cracked. I should have never left the sea. Krugon.

Telaran

Please label wolfsbane and briarcliff oceanic or 24/7 as well. It would be unfortunate to see the oceanic population on these great servers die or swindle because they were not labeled as well! Even without transfers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nighteyes View Post
    Please label wolfsbane and briarcliff oceanic or 24/7 as well. It would be unfortunate to see the oceanic population on these great servers die or swindle because they were not labeled as well! Even without transfers.
    I was just about to request this also.

It will have no effect on transfers to the shards as they are full, and hence players looking to move will go to the two that you've labelled anyway.

Unless you do in fact expect the OC community currently on Wolfsbane, Briarcliff and Faeblight to move however, these three servers with their healthy OC population should also be labelled.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast