Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Oceanic Recommended Shards - Laethys (PvE) [Dayblind now closed to transfers]

Quote Originally Posted by Nighteyes View Post
    Please label wolfsbane and briarcliff oceanic or 24/7 as well. It would be unfortunate to see the oceanic population on these great servers die or swindle because they were not labeled as well! Even without transfers.

+1 I agree also ... So that those who already have communities set up can continue to help them Grow!

We still need to be Vocal in letting people know we ARE and Oceanic Server!
    Last edited by Tiaora; 06-24-2011 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Getafix View Post
    I was just about to request this also.

It will have no effect on transfers to the shards as they are full, and hence players looking to move will go to the two that you've labelled anyway.

Unless you do in fact expect the OC community currently on Wolfsbane, Briarcliff and Faeblight to move however, these three servers with their healthy OC population should also be labelled.

+1 Thumbs up.

Did you somehow miss the hundreds of pages from pre live that guilds did to decide which is the home where us Oceanic players should gather so as a coimmunity we had a home. Community is greater than devs.

Aeth
    Co-Guild Leader Downunder
    Last edited by Balok; 06-24-2011 at 06:38 PM.

hows dayblind? what servers is it merged with for warfronts?
    ?

Rift Disciple

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post

We want to thank those of you who have already taken the initiative to guide other Oceanic players to these shards and hope these suggestions make it easier for everyone to find the community that is best for them – have fun!
    Was just trying to help our community, thank you for the acknowledgement James.

Planar Preservation Society

Welcome to dayblind aussies!
    Last edited by Whackinstick; 06-24-2011 at 07:58 PM.

Default Opportunity to unite Oceanic Communities

Thank you Trion for giving us some official indicator, as to where us Oceanic players can go.

As for those people on Wolfsbane unhappy about the label on Laethys, the reasons I originally nominated Laethys are in this thread.

Basically, Laethys is (currently) a lower population server, which allows for the possibility for the shard to grow into a population with a very high Oceanic:NA player ratio. Shards with an already-high NA population (like Wolfsbane), have this potential diminished. Besides, Wolfsbane is just not an option for those of us who already have characters that we love playing.

It was not my intention to incite anger from the players on Wolfsbane or Briarcliff by making the nomination; I hope this is reflected in my posts on the above-linked thread. My only hope was to unite a seemingly fragmented Oceanic community, so ALL players (both Oceanic and NA) could have a better Rift experience.

I thank the devs again for listening to us.

Soulwalker

Thanks Trion for finally recognizing the oceanic community!

This will keep me subbed for a while
    In God We Trust... Everyone else must bring data!

I've just come back to the game after a bit of a break and am considering jumping over to Laethys from Wolvesbane.

Seeya in game
    http://www.seamonkey-project.org/
    Surfing the net has never been so suite!

Soulwalker

The lag on Dayblind is terrible at times now. World pvp and raiding is suffering a lot because of this lag since the transfers.

Did Dayblind get a hardware upgrade?

Where's the EU shard love for oceanic players? :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Tiaora View Post
    Wolvesbane was already decided and has been running as an "Unofficial" PVE Australian server since launch ... was decided by players.

Very disappointed that Trion have not listened to their gaming community and just named it as Oceanic with the amount of Guilds already there.
    LOL. Just because a few players designated it as 'unofficial' doesn't obligate Trion to ratify it.

You people have been whining since before release for Trion to designate 'official' servers for Oceania. Now that they have, you're whining because they did.

Absolutely incredible how self centered and ungrateful that mentality is.
    Server issues? Check here first - http://www.riftgame.com/en/shardstatus/

Quote Originally Posted by Vale View Post
    LOL. Just because a few players designated it as 'unofficial' doesn't obligate Trion to ratify it.

You people have been whining since before release for Trion to designate 'official' servers for Oceania. Now that they have, you're whining because they did.

Absolutely incredible how self centered and ungrateful that mentality is.
    Seems you have no idea at all. The decision was made by the biggest and first oceanic guilds. It represented over 2000 players from the Oceanic community from beta days way before the qqers got into the game.

Trion was asked plenty of times to give these servers unofficial support. Offical tagged servers will more than likely fail due to low population and i see no reason why Wolfsbane will not come up in the transfer list before long. We have a strong community and will continue to have a strong Oceanic community.

There is nothing selfish about what we have said. You are ignorant and need to goto the archived posts to support your statements. Maybe if you did you'll see the amount of work that went into establishing a community for Oceanic based players occured long before this all come about.

If you would like to help build the community that is a fine thing to do. Feel free to even drop by our forums and post in the public section. No one needs to derail anyone.

Aeth

Co-Leader Downunder

Meh

should have made it Briarcliff and Wolfsbane.. any1 who wasn't happy with the new labels could have transferred off...

too many oceanic players on those servers already.
    ?

Actually Vale you should take care to identify who was calling for shard labels and who wasn't and you will see there are 2 distinct interest groups. The ppl who pushed for Wolfsbane as the unofficial Oceanic shard resisted very vocally and often unpleasantly anyone who called for an official Oceanic shard label during beta and beyond. If those were actually concerned for the Oceanic community and not their own interests, we wouldn't have had casual Oceanic players flung across 80 shards and quitting the game because their experience is of permenently low population Rift.

If you do go back to the original thread, you'll see as many ppl getting shouted down for suggesting a labelled shard as the ppl who insisted that it wasn't necessary and citing spurious reasons such as 'Oceanic shards are the first to fail' and 'North Americans won't go to an Oceanic labelled shard'.

Reason 2 is most revealing - it might be true, I don't know - but casual Oceanic players don't give a rip if North Americans won't go to an Oceanic labelled shard - all they care about is that there is decent community during casual Oceanic play time. They are the ppl who don't have time wait in queues to enjoy their more limited play time. The ppl who opposed the shard labelling wanted a 24/7 shard because they play much more hard core and extensively than casuals - it meets their needs as they will have high popn both on and off peak Oceanic times. Oceanic Casuals were the fodder to provide this.

There is enough Oceanic popn to support 2 PvE shards, I don't see Wolfsbane declining any time soon.
    My shiny carapace is cracked. I should have never left the sea. Krugon.

I'm most likely going to go from Briarcliff to Dayblind.. i just want to know which servers Dayblind is tied with in regards to Warfronts?

i wish they would release the Warfront CrossServer information ffs.
    ?

Default Trion support for Laethys

Quote Originally Posted by Balok View Post
    Trion was asked plenty of times to give these servers unofficial support.
    I'm not sure how you expect Trion to support a shard unofficially. By definition, if Trion gives support, it's official.

Nitpicking aside, Trion responded within DAYS of making this request. In my own posts I tried to be constructive in pointing out a problem I perceived in a divided, transferring Oceanic community. I offered a nomination for a server, as it seemed like a good first step in a community-lead solution. For a Trion-lead solution, it was suggested to tag one of the shards simply as "Oceanic". It was a simple solution that many felt (including myself) could unite the Oceanic community who couldn't transfer to Wolfsbane. I can't say if this had any bearing on Trion labeling Laethys as the Oceanic server; but nonetheless, they responded quickly when the community was being constructive and clear on the forums.

I will not speculate about how Trion was solicited to give some notion of support for Wolfsbane as an Oceanic shard. However, what I have seen is a lot of non-constructive responses from members of the Wolfsbane community in light of recent events. Moreover, not one of these posts contain any viable solutions that would enable Trion to unite the Oceanic community without totally overloading Wolfsbane. I'm sure everyone can appreciate that putting an additional load on a server that already has queues and latency issues (at least for many Oceanics), isn't a viable solution.

Offical tagged servers will more than likely fail due to low population
    Really? Laethys seems to have grown significantly over the last few hours, since the announcement.

and i see no reason why Wolfsbane will not come up in the transfer list before long
    Why would Trion decide to put up a server on a transfer list that already has queues? I don't see a reason why Wolfsbane would be put on the transfer list, unless they went through a significant population change.

If you would like to help build the community that is a fine thing to do. Feel free to even drop by our forums and post in the public section. No one needs to derail anyone.
    How are you purposing people building a community, if people can't get their characters on the shard? Posting on a forum isn't the same thing as playing the game with friends.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast