Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Guild Bank Vault Costs

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ademnus View Post
    theyre figuring its reasonable, with donations and tithing that a large guild ca buy their tabs BUT this will prevent players from having 5 "bank alts" filled with garbage they might never delete hogging up server resources.
    really it will hog up server resources? Then Sony must hate the EQ2 devs I can store more in my own Eq2 Bank then I can In rift Bank + Guild Bank combined , & Eq2 doesn't seem to have any issues with resources but maybe that's because there servers can take more than 500 people at a time..

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by lukain View Post
    really it will hog up server resources? Then Sony must hate the EQ2 devs I can store more in my own Eq2 Bank then I can In rift Bank + Guild Bank combined , & Eq2 doesn't seem to have any issues with resources but maybe that's because there servers can take more than 500 people at a time..
    Ill take less storage for a better game cause lets face it EQ2 is complete garbage.

Whatever reason trion has for less storage and thier costs are theres alone. If they dont tell us all we do is guess. If thier reasoning changes the prices will change.

Also I personally dont care for guildbanks and would rather have account wide storage so my alts can more easily have access to everything so I dont have to remember and do mass mailings when I want to craft ect.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Novare View Post
    Ill take less storage for a better game cause lets face it EQ2 is complete garbage.

Whatever reason trion has for less storage and thier costs are theres alone. If they dont tell us all we do is guess. If thier reasoning changes the prices will change.

Also I personally dont care for guildbanks and would rather have account wide storage so my alts can more easily have access to everything so I dont have to remember and do mass mailings when I want to craft ect.
    while i have not played Eq2 for a year I doubt its garbage , In fact I can't think of a single thing Rift does better than EQ2 .. ok I though of one EQ2 flight paths are not instant instead you have to sore on a winged griffin over the country side to get to your destination , come to think of it that does sound better ..

Soulwalker

Default guild bank

My 2c worth the first guild bank slot should be automatic, then get them through guild level or coin an option for both, we have a tiny guild and I am the only one who seems to be getting any coin but we all have lives and cannot farm. I am on call with work 24 7 so when I am on, Ii solo as best I can for coin.

suggested ideas:
    guild quest to get slot 2 close 100 rifts or pvp 50 opposing faction or pay 100 plat
    slot 3 close 500 rifts or pvp 250 opposing faction or pay 500 plat
    etc

I see people here talking about how easy it is to get loads of cash, well we get together and do 2 to 3 expert dungeons a week not a day! I have several times run out of cash and not been able to afford the porticlum!
    I even try and farm cloth and leather but when I went to the ah there was 25 stacks of it for sale!

Then someone said well you are such a small guild why do you need a guild bank! well for the same reason you want it. so I can put stuff in there for fellow guildies.

to conclude, It does nothing but cause hardship making common things like guild level or guild banks out of reach. Raid are not common and those should be hard to do and they are! So are expert rifts. Last I checked I sill pay each month for enjoyment I can get out of the game. I would hope that something as helpful as a guild bank will not stay out of our reach.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Yorick View Post
    My 2c worth the first guild bank slot should be automatic, then get them through guild level or coin an option for both, we have a tiny guild and I am the only one who seems to be getting any coin but we all have lives and cannot farm. I am on call with work 24 7 so when I am on, Ii solo as best I can for coin.

suggested ideas:
    guild quest to get slot 2 close 100 rifts or pvp 50 opposing faction or pay 100 plat
    slot 3 close 500 rifts or pvp 250 opposing faction or pay 500 plat
    etc

I see people here talking about how easy it is to get loads of cash, well we get together and do 2 to 3 expert dungeons a week not a day! I have several times run out of cash and not been able to afford the porticlum!
    I even try and farm cloth and leather but when I went to the ah there was 25 stacks of it for sale!

Then someone said well you are such a small guild why do you need a guild bank! well for the same reason you want it. so I can put stuff in there for fellow guildies.

to conclude, It does nothing but cause hardship making common things like guild level or guild banks out of reach. Raid are not common and those should be hard to do and they are! So are expert rifts. Last I checked I sill pay each month for enjoyment I can get out of the game. I would hope that something as helpful as a guild bank will not stay out of our reach.
    Some good ideas , why make guild bank tabs a money sink as that's all they are .. it just encourages Plat selling sites to work harder ..

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Yorick View Post
    First tab should have been automatic. Each tab after that should have required so many guild quests to be completed or to be at set guild levels, -never- money.

Requiring guilds to spend such large sums for tabs just encourages players to buy plat from RTM traders.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Merlinr View Post
    Vault 1 is 30 plat. Vault 2 is 300. These are reasonable, however Vault 3 jumps to 1500 platinum which seems quite over the top to me. I could understand maybe 400, vault 4 maybe 500. But why the extreme jump in cost?

Please reduce.
    I agree the price is way to high. And at least in wow the first tab was free.

With trion the only people who win are the plat farmers.

Quote Originally Posted by m1nus View Post
    plat sellers are rejoicing over this one
    Currency sinks are a 2 edged sword.
    Have none and the currency is nonsense and the game suffers.
    Have too many and you have gold selling running rampant and the game suffers.

Have some moderate ones that are mandatory and some ostentatious ones for bragging rights/ status etc and you still have some gold selling but you strike the best balance. Trion got this one slightly in favor of gold sellers but they weren't far off base.
    Thanks for the haircuts.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2