+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Character Transfer Update [Destinations Added]

Deepstrike was already unbalanced before today. Why do you think they opened guardian side only.

As for Wolfbane & others not being on the transfer list ppl may want to wait a week & see.
    Today it seemed like less on Wolfbane guardian side & I'm betting a bunch left.

Yesterdays full may be tomorrows low.... give it a chance to balance out & settle.
    Last edited by Karsyno; 06-23-2011 at 01:19 AM.

Soulwalker

Is there a way for me to get my EU characters to an NA shard?

Quote Originally Posted by Karsyno View Post
    Deepstrike was already unbalanced before today. Why do you think they opened guardian side only.

As for Wolfbane & others not being on the transfer list ppl may want to wait a week & see.
    Today it seemed like less on Wolfbane guardian side & I'm betting a bunch left.

Yesterdays full may be tomorrows low.... give it a chance to balance out & settle.
    It wasn't unbalanced. Check the forums, ask the population on either side. The balance was fine. Trion just f* cked up. God forbid they make a mistake amrite? Hence the server getting locked in under 24 hrs.
    GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11

Rift Disciple

I'm at a loss for words right now...

How idiotic can trion be? What in gods name did they expect to happen when they gave free transfers off any realm and opened up a high population realm as a destination? My experience last night as a deepstrike veteran was awful. There were ques times, the warfronts ques went from an average of 1 to 2 minutes before the transfers to roughly 20 minutes. There seemed to be an insane amount of server side lag that was causing my abilities to lag nearly 3 seconds despite the game telling me i only had 100 ms. Sanctum is incredibly overrcrowded and my computer is forced to go to the loading screen every 20 seconds because its trying to load so much ****.

I'm not mad at the transfers, I'm mad at trion... What the **** were you thinking?

THIS IS WHY YOU MERGE SERVERS MANUALLY INSTEAD OF LETTING EVERYONE TRANSFER TO A HIGH POPULATION SERVER... Deepstrike got completely ***** last night... Thinking about transfering off because this server just because a ****hole.... thanks trion...

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #35
    Rift Team

Hi All!

After reviewing the European transfers last night, we're taking Whitefall off the list of allowed destinations at Noon PDT 6/23/2011.

- [Whitefall will be removed from the destination list at Noon PDT 6/23/2011]

Remember, this is a dynamic list. You will see it change over the next few weeks as people transfer their characters around.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Jincks View Post
    I'm at a loss for words right now...

How idiotic can trion be? What in gods name did they expect to happen when they gave free transfers off any realm and opened up a high population realm as a destination? My experience last night as a deepstrike veteran was awful. There were ques times, the warfronts ques went from an average of 1 to 2 minutes before the transfers to roughly 20 minutes. There seemed to be an insane amount of server side lag that was causing my abilities to lag nearly 3 seconds despite the game telling me i only had 100 ms. Sanctum is incredibly overrcrowded and my computer is forced to go to the loading screen every 20 seconds because its trying to load so much ****.

I'm not mad at the transfers, I'm mad at trion... What the **** were you thinking?

THIS IS WHY YOU MERGE SERVERS MANUALLY INSTEAD OF LETTING EVERYONE TRANSFER TO A HIGH POPULATION SERVER... Deepstrike got completely ***** last night... Thinking about transfering off because this server just because a ****hole.... thanks trion...
    Need some tissues? lol

I was disappointed to see that Emberlord was not a transfer-to destination.

Emberlord has been having trouble for a good long while now and allowing people to transfer there would have helped greatly.

Instead of helping Emberlord, Trion sealed it's fate with their decision not to allow people to transfer to it.

So, my guild made the decision to abandon ship just like that and we're now all on Seastone.

I'm not familiar with the server but hopefully it doesn't end up with a queue time from too many others jumping ship.

I think it is very important Trion watches for warnings of servers that will approach queue times. If a server gets to a certain threshhold where it will require queues, STOP all new transfers. Allow existing ones to go through (such as an entire guild moving), but STOP all new transfers.

Nobody wants to wait in queue for a game. At all. Please be proactive in this- do not allow a server to get to the point it will require queue's.
    Last edited by Hodor; 06-23-2011 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexxen View Post
    Nobody wants to wait in queue for a game. At all.
    You mean, YOU do not want to wait in a queue time for a game, please speak for yourself. I am happy to see a queue time when I log on to my alt on Braircliff at this point. It at least means the server has population and things are hopping. If having to wait in a queue for a bit to ensure that I will at least be able to enjoy my game time in rift with other people and not around a skeleton population, that is something I would definately put up with.
    Last edited by Xisien; 06-23-2011 at 07:39 AM.
    Stryker
    Xisien : Crimzen : Darkchocolate
    Guild Leader

Guess I'm not understanding why more people mean longer WF queue times. Don't more people just equal more WFs will pop? Is there a limit on the amount of WFs that can go on at the same time?
    EVERYBODY DIES, BUT NOT EVERYBODY LIVES.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrileigh View Post
    Guess I'm not understanding why more people mean longer WF queue times. Don't more people just equal more WFs will pop? Is there a limit on the amount of WFs that can go on at the same time?
    Yea... Just more guardians were queuing so not enough defiant to match up against
    Last edited by Russdog; 06-23-2011 at 08:01 AM.
    Beat, Defiant, Mage of Deepstrike
    Beet, Guardian, Cleric of Belmont

RIP Emberlord may you be ascended in another life.

Telaran

I thought if a shard went off the list that guild members could still transfer?

I have half a guild transferred and now its not available for the rest....

Soulwalker

I missed the small window to move a toon to Deepstrike

This made me wonder, why I am not allowed to move a Guardian on Perspice to Deepstrike if I already have 4 Guardians on Deepstrike? This wouldn't affect player balance as I can only play one toon at a time anyway.

You might want to look into allowing transfers to 'closed' servers where the player already has toons of the same faction.

Soulwalker

when i click to transfer it says i have coin lock on my char, i logged in and didnt see coin lock. I tried to move my other character and it writes that it has coin lock too. I dont have coin locks on my both char. but i cant leave my shard and move to the new one because of this. anyone else have this problem?

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #44
    Rift Team

Hi All,

Whitefall is now off of the transfer destination list.

Faeblight will be removed from the allowed transfer destination list at 4pm PDT 6/23
    Last edited by FireCait; 06-23-2011 at 11:16 AM.

Soulwalker

Default i just want akylios a spot to x-fer to

if you could please open up akylios so i can merge all my toons on one shard would be great and i got all friends there aswell and guild so open up x-fers to akylios.....

Thank you

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast