+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Update 1.3 - Known Issues [UPDATED: 06/30 @ 2:00PM PDT]

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Update 1.3 - Known Issues [UPDATED: 06/30 @ 2:00PM PDT]

Greetings!

Per usual we seek to keep you up to date on the top issues we're currently investigating, fixing, or have fixed with the latest RIFT update.

Please note, this list may not contain every issue; however, we'll do our best to keep it as thorough as possible. Thanks for your feedback and reports to help us constantly improve RIFT!

PLEASE NOTE: Chat windows and settings were reset intentionally as a result of improvements to the User Interface. This is not a bug but we apologize for the inconvenience.

UPDATED - 06/30 @ 2:00PM PDT

UNDER INVESTIGATION
    • Abilities in macros not working in certain conditions, mostly underwater based on player reports (We need more information if macros fail, please PM me with the specific macro and conditions causing them to not work, including which abilities are failing.)
    • Corpses sparkle indicating they have loot available but cannot be looted.

FIX IN PROGRESS
    • Reaction delay when using abilities due to latency introduced in 1.3 during peak periods of player activity. (This remains our highest priority, we continue to investigate the causes for this issue and are working to resolve it as soon as possible.)
    • Stream of Reclamation visual effect is distorted. (It appears this update fell off the list at some point, it is still an outstanding issue.)
    • Gathering nodes may not always despawn after being harvested.
    • NPC's/Monsters disappear or are not visible.
    • Interrupted when mounting, gathering, or interacting with other objects that have a cast time.

RESOLVED ISSUES
    These are previously listed issues that have been resolved, in most cases these are not all of the improvements included in the linked Hot Fix notes. Please see the full notes after the links for all the details about what was included.

RIFT 1.3 Hotfix #5 - 6/30/11
    • World Map appears black when zoomed out
    • Warfronts: Allow mixed Warfronts to start with solos, duos, and premade groups after a number of non-premade matches are started. This should help with the extra long wait times for premade groups on some shards.
    • Re-fixed Wine compatibility with RIFT.
    • Instance lockouts are now transferred with characters. Incomplete instances are not saved, however, so two characters with a shared instance lockout that transfer to the same new shard will not have the same saved incomplete instance.
    • Added an additional warning for characters attempting to leave a guild that has already been transferred.

RIFT 1.3 Hotfix #4 - 6/29/11
    • Holding SHIFT or Alt with key binds (such as SHIFT+B to open all your bags) causes your character to stop moving when running.
    • LFG Tool: Players will sometimes receive the deserter debuff if an instance is not created when using the random dungeon tool.
    • Guardian Raid Rifts: Players completing the Life or Death 20-man Rift do not receive an Inscribed Sourcestone
    • Justicar: Righteous Mandate does not receive healing contribution from non-justicar abilities
    • Justicar: Precept of Refuge is not increasing block chance properly.
    • Justicar: Rebuke is currently not working properly.
    • Heroic Healing Tonic is incorrectly producing 1 tonic per batch instead of the original 3.

RIFT 1.3 Hotfix #3 - 6/25/11
    • Transferring your Guild will cause you to lose any Guild Bank Vaults and the Guild Bank will not work until the next server restart.

RIFT 1.3 Hotfix #2 - 6/24/11
    • Gilded Prophecy: Uruluuk's summoned shrines currently cause players who target them to crash.
    • LFG Tool: If an un-grouped player does not accept the automatic invite for a dungeon grouped players will be removed from the queue.
    • Changing video settings after applying the event item Vial of Abyssal Water causes a crash.
    • Epic Quest: "The Icewatch" quest text still states that a notoriety level of "Revered" is required to complete.
    • Quest "Reaping the Whirlwind": Quest item causes game to crash.
    • Scarwood Reach: Quest Unexpected Intervention, cannot complete the quest by interacting with the Power Conduit
    • Some characters with inappropriate names are unable to be transferred.
    • Hidden Cache for the Tragic Treasures quest is not spawning properly in any zone.
    • Marksman: Strafe is not properly cancelling when the player runs out of line of sight.
    • The "Disrupting Operations" quests in Shimmersand and Iron Pine Peak for both Guardians and Defiants should currently only update on kills in Stillmoor, they should update on kills in their respective zones.
    • Friends list will mark all friends as offline if they transfer with you, even if they are online.
    • A bug is causing uneven matches in Warfronts
    • Ascended Power: Quantum/Omen Sight goes on cooldown when zoning
    • Adjusting Window size in Windowed Mode or changing from Fullscreen to Windowed mode and vice-versa can cause the client to crash.
    • World Event: Item "Runic Shard" is not properly granting all players a quest.

RIFT 1.3 Hotfix #1 - 6/23/11
    • LFG Tool temporarily disabled due to a potential crash issue.
    • Guild banks are enabled on select shards for observation.
    • Issue in which players see random objects such as trees and staircases in areas where there should be none.
    • Whirling Charge Planar Essence: This item has been improperly assigned caster attributes instead of physical.
    • PvP Souls: Break Free does not work when under the effects of certain crowd control abilities.
    • Iron Pine Peak Dailies are not rewarding Plaques of the Mountaineer.
    • Apothecary: The Heroic Healing Tonic is incorrectly replaced with the new recipe Brew of the Abyssal Apprentice.
    • There is a rare issue that may cause a player to crash to desktop when using specific recipes with augments.
    • Raid Frames incorrectly show red bars for members out of range or teleporting..

NOT AN ISSUE
    • Guild Perk "Cache Finder" does not grant extra plaques. (This issue preceded 1.3, we're working on a solution but are not tracking it for 1.3 Known Issues)
    Last edited by Elrar; 07-13-2011 at 12:58 PM.

Soulwalker

Default Problems downloading patch

Whenever I go to "update" and click on the button, it looks like it will update but nothing happens. I recover and try again and it does it again. I don't know what to do. I also redownloaded the game once.

Edit: Rift is under my exceptions for AVG, so no firewall issues and I am running as admin.
    Last edited by eclecticnostalgia; 06-22-2011 at 04:58 PM.

Possible issue in which players see an increased number of trees and in areas where there should be none.
    Could be someone playing with the new collection item that lets you grow plants or disguise yourself as a tree.
    Noco@Wolfsbane

You should really clarify more what these issues mean:

Abilities not saving to action bars after switching Roles
    What do you mean by "not saving"? Does it not save changes you make, or does it not save the whole bar setup at all? I.e. do you just get the previous setup again, or a set of empty bars?

Whirling Charge Planar Essence: This item has been improperly assigned caster attributes instead of physical.
    And what happens to casters who got when they saw the caster stats on it? I am not even sure whether I have this (EU servers are down now), but I'd be pretty pissed if logging in tomorrow I find one of my latest essences be modified into a str/agi essence...
    The Wardisitor - because sometimes you just can't decide!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by eclecticnostalgia View Post
    Whenever I go to "update" and click on the button, it looks like it will update but nothing happens. I recover and try again and it does it again. I don't know what to do. I also redownloaded the game once.

Edit: Rift is under my exceptions for AVG, so no firewall issues and I am running as admin.
    So, I reinstalled and started the update, 2 seconds into update my computer shut off. Tried twice and same issue. My temps are cool, my computer is working perfectly fine except for this one thing.

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #6

UPDATED - 06/22 @ 6:45PM PDT

Thanks all!

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #7

Added:
    NEW - Justicar: Rebuke is currently not working properly.
    Last edited by Elrar; 06-22-2011 at 06:01 PM.

Telaran

We've cleared 2 raid rifts tonight and no sourcestones were awarded to anyone in the raid.

Raid Rifts now always award one Inscribed Sourcestone to every member of the opening group.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    [*]Possible issue in which players see an increased number of trees and in areas where there should be none.
    Just wanted to add that it isn't just trees. I had several random staircases pop up on top of my character while running around Gloamwood. The trees would also randomly appear on top of me while running around.

Is it intended for premades to not get put in a warfront at all, If there are no other premades out?

Seems like a pretty crappy deal for a large portion of the guilds in this game.
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

I have 3 times crashed in sanctum when near a new npc "soaking" or "dripping" and 3+ people use quest item with an aoe at the same time.

On that note, can kill spawns by AH, the auctioneer that is alone in sanc, by the artisan mark vendors, was getting aggro'd about every 45s, clossing the window for everyone.

Edit: Frozen frame with error report is multiple people mid cast. Could be a local issue, but its a full crash.
    Last edited by McWaffle; 06-22-2011 at 06:20 PM.
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Click to watch my vidyas.
    140 + PvP, oPvP, PvE all classes.

Soulwalker

So nothing about the update crashing computers?

I have two treasure maps for Silverwood but there are no cache where they are supposed to be. I ran all around both areas and nothing there

Rift Disciple

All my chat windows got wiped out, and all settings defaulted back...

Telaran

I'm on the quest "Cache Collection" and the item does not appear to have spawned. In the thread @http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?213443-Update-1.3-Known-Issues, the same issue is reported with the similar cache quest "Tragic Treasures," however my quest was unlisted to I wanted to make sure it got reported!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast