+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: region not updated message when trying to update? says full re-download necessary...

Quote Originally Posted by Kpau View Post
    The only "fail" is that the pop-up message is horribly misleading (or the underlying logic is going in an unexpected path with the condition). Simply, the faster Trion changes the message -- the less confusion there will be. If not for this patch, then later patches.

Software Dev 101 moment....
    The patch already got pulled off the launcher.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walsingham View Post
    Yes, if you need to know, Vespera hit me with a big pointy spiky thing. It was immensely painful.

Telaran

nothing to fix except people being impatient

Well, now it doesn't give the same message.

They fixed it, fast.

They tell you: "You are not running the correct version of the game. Please exit the game and run the patcher." Or something like that.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." - Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Xvvt View Post
    Hmm...after I did a recover it is downloading 1.5 gigs of something.
    Same thing happened to me....I got a bad feeling about this, it's almost done

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Isophix View Post
    Well, now it doesn't give the same message.

They fixed it, fast.

They tell you: "You are not running the correct version of the game. Please exit the game and run the patcher." Or something like that.
    Oh yes, this should be a seamless transition.

I think they are saying Trions being inconsistent. Every patch/hotfix, the update has been available to click as soon as the server comes down, though having to wait till servers have been brought up to play still. But with the update prompting a full re-download, they are thrown for a loop and worried about spending an hour or 2 re-downloading for a patch. Trions addressed it, don't re-download, just wait and go bake cookies or something.

why is everyone bugging out about this, if you dont want to play dont play. its a patch itll take a couple of hours so go have a smoke or a stiff drink to calm your nerves then come back and try again, dont have a mental breakdown! gj trion cant wait to see what you have instore for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Bears View Post
    I think they are saying Trions being inconsistent. Every patch/hotfix, the update has been available to click as soon as the server comes down, though having to wait till servers have been brought up to play still. But with the update prompting a full re-download, they are thrown for a loop and worried about spending an hour or 2 re-downloading for a patch. Trions addressed it, don't re-download, just wait and go bake cookies or something.
    Yes...A bug happened. There was bad patch data. So basically theese threads are, code had a bug in it. RAGEEEEEE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walsingham View Post
    Yes, if you need to know, Vespera hit me with a big pointy spiky thing. It was immensely painful.

Rift Disciple Altus VonGrossenkiir's Avatar

doesn't take 4 hours heck i've been downloading it for 8 minutes now and its already 1/9th of the way through guys

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #40

Hi everyone,

Please see this most recent post by Amary about the patch and the full re-download error.

The bad patch data has been removed from the patch servers and reverted to the previous build while we fix the update.

If you previously got a 'redownload error' and cancelled it or closed it, you should no longer see this error (but the actual patch data isn't ready for download yet).

If you previously started a redownload after receiving the error, please cancel it. We'll give an all clear once the correct data is available. The redownload will still need to complete at that point.

Soulwalker

ya i got the same and tried to restart it again later and got the update button but just got the you have the wrong version to play

Quote Originally Posted by vespera View Post
    hi everyone,

please see this most recent post by amary about the patch and the full re-download error.

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgom gomgomgomgomgomg

wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Magnos View Post
    Same thing happened to me....I got a bad feeling about this, it's almost done
    lulz, me too. Let me know what happens. I brought my cpu to work today to get the download, it is going at a blazing 350k/sec!

Soulwalker

Default Region not updated

No biggie...just continue with regular download procedures

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Intrakit View Post
    your pitifull, they took the servers down 37 minutes ago and your already this impatient? really? just use common sense hit the cancel button wait the 1-2 hours they need to patch.
    My pitiful? Oh oh, I see, you mean YOU'RE pitiful. Well, YOU'RE pitiful for not knowing proper english. Please stay in school so you can tell the difference between your and you're. Geez, why are some kids so damn ******ed. Not a grammar ****, just funny that it's always the dumb ones that speak out first.

Hurry up Trion, so I can get trained by 20 mobs like usual while trying to collect just one item for a quest. Hope you got my suggestions and decided to add MORE mobs. That's what makes a game interesting and fun! Tons of mobs that get pulled when you attack just one of them. I love killing 60 guys just for a quest or two. Keep up the good work! That will surely keep me from going back to WoW. Everything else in the game I love!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast