+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Thread: Viva l'Addon Revolution!

Quote Originally Posted by Acesfool View Post
    I know it was very popular when it first came out. But didn't something happen and they lost a ton of subs? Or am I thinking of a different game?
    Dunno. They appear to have 150k or so, which is enough for continued development. They recently had an expansion ("Going Rogue") come out, which is pretty awesome, and they apparently continue to make money. 7-year anniversary event was in April or so. So they're still viable economically.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Quote Originally Posted by Original_Hellfire View Post
    Add ons are for lazy and bad players.
    The real message of your post is not in the overt claim, but in the way you supported it with evidence and argumentation.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Telaran

Someday I'm sure the various MMO companies will reward their players who eschew any sort of accessory to their play, with vast piles of real life gold and women. And then folks like me, who will be stoned and ridiculed in the streets for having customized their game like a weakling, will know how talentless we really are at clicking buttons.

Until that day, I'd love some addons in this game. Bag manager saves a bunch of time (separating craftables from gear from quest items still isn't covered in Rift automatically). I'd also like one that automatically tracks money made over time - certainly not complex but surprisingly convenient. Also, a mouse over tooltip option / add-on would be great. I don't care for the static tooltips.

I don't care for damage meters other than for purposes of research, but I guess that'd be nice. With all the varied types of healing in this game I'd be more curious to see heal meters.

Quote Originally Posted by betarun View Post
    I know Sinndel is just amusing , just think about this for a second, just for kicks and giggles.
    I wonder if Sinndel uses a chat program such as Vent, TS or mumble, by his reasoning they are cheats, infact.. they are 3th party programs and anyone using them should be banned
    I wonder if he thought of that one yet. :P
    Since when does mumble run off the games API?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    It doesn't, which makes it even worse, since it's even less a part of the game-as-designed.

At least with addons, you can argue that the game's designers are explicitly choosing which functionality you get.

Let's revisit the "you don't have to play with those people if you don't want to" argument. The proaddon crowd has made it pretty clear they are all people I don't want to have anything to do with, proving time and again they can't have a reasonable discussion, so I'll concede that your calibur of player leaves much to be desired, and I don't have to play with you. From now on I discriminate against addon users. No addons will be allowed in my groups. /discussion.
    Last edited by Sinndel; 06-18-2011 at 11:20 AM.

Rift Chaser

Its still a 3th party program directly effecting game play and your performance in group.
    Just like a bot and hack it doesnt "need" to run of API.

But atleast we got you to admit you are using "a cheat " , you are using a 3th party program to improve your game play and group-raid performance.

Btw

Hook
    Line
    sinker

Rift Chaser

Let's revisit the "you don't have to play with those people if you don't want to" argument. The proaddon crowd has made it pretty clear they are all people I don't want to have anything to do with, proving time and again they can't have a reasonable discussion, so I'll concede that your calibur of player leaves much to be desired, and I don't have to play with you. From now on I discriminate against addon users. No addons will be allowed in my groups. /discussion.
    How will you be able to tell if someone is using a add-on or not.

Quote Originally Posted by betarun View Post
    How will you be able to tell if someone is using a add-on or not.
    The smell!

I like how you completely ignored the point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walsingham View Post
    Yes, if you need to know, Vespera hit me with a big pointy spiky thing. It was immensely painful.

Let's revisit the "you don't have to play with those people if you don't want to" argument. The proaddon crowd has made it pretty clear they are all people I don't want to have anything to do with, proving time and again they can't have a reasonable discussion,
    That's insulting and disingenuous... Obviously, several of us are capable of having reasonable discussions. (That you've either put me on ignore, or simply ignored the repeated detailed rebuttals and counterexamples I've offered doesn't mean I'm not capable of having a reasonable discussion, it means you're not.) But most importantly:

so I'll concede that your calibur of player leaves much to be desired, and I don't have to play with you. From now on I discriminate against addon users. No addons will be allowed in my groups. /discussion.
    So basically, your response to claimed elitism is to be even more elitist. Got it.

showeq doesn't run off the game's API. Mumble is just as much of a cheat as any other 3rd party addon; whether that addon is supported by an in game api or not is irrelevant.

so I'll concede that your calibur of player leaves much to be desired, and I don't have to play with you. From now on I discriminate against addon users. No addons will be allowed in my groups. /discussion.
    So, even the most hardcore GS chanting fanantic is likely to be taken aback by this and respond with "oh I say, that much elitism is a bit over the top, don't you think?"
    Jaya
    Tertian of the <Children of Mechanus>
    Kaleida (Defiant)

I was in the middle of mocking a guy for missing a epic item in one slot, because I like addons, because this shocked me so deeply.
    Yes, if you need to know, Vespera hit me with a big pointy spiky thing. It was immensely painful.

3rd party program is still an addon no vent for you....
    From now on I discriminate against addon users. No addons will be allowed in my groups. /discussion.
    Does that mean no vent?

Stand up and Fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanshan View Post
    3rd party program is still an addon no vent for you....
    I like your sig.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast