+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: So uh still no patch notes, release date of June 22, so less than 2 weeks to test?

Quote Originally Posted by Rottweiler-STi View Post
    Am I missing something? If we can't really test/review anything until we see the official patch notes and they already set a release date of June 22, that means less than 2 weeks of testing/feedback/tweaks/re-testing, etc.
    This leads me to believe there will be a small amount of class changes; that the majority of the patch will be Pre-Hammerknell event, Hammerknell and transfers. Maybe addons but I don't think they're all that ready to release them yet. All of this means is minimal public testing is needed since they invited multiple guilds to test Hammerknell already and they're in the process of testing addons.
    Let's just thank Christ that they got rid of twinking. It truly lacked any skill to twink.

2.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #32

Hey all,

We've had a lot of Work In Progress changes up on PTS for several weeks now, as Amanda said in her post (linked below) it's difficult for us and confusing for players to publish patch notes until the bulk of the changes are ready for live after internal cut-off date.

That date is occurring this week, at which point we can assemble the first draft of PTS notes to completion and release them publicly.

We have internal QA as well as ongoing guild testing in progress with the changes currently available on PTS.

You can expect the notes for 1.3 in the near future - we look forward to your discussion and feedback at that point, thanks for your patience and understanding all

For more info about the PTS patch note process, hit the link! http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...60#post2566560
    Last edited by Elrar; 06-08-2011 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    Hey all,
    [...snip...]
    Thanks for taking time away from E3 to comment on this Elrar. ;)
    [Server] Faeblight
    [Retail] M_1=Chloromancer(D), M_2=Cleric(D), A=Rogue(D)
    [Beta 1-7] Tank (Reaver/Paladin)

Shadowlander

what good is PTR if you don't know directly what has been changed? The PTR is for testing changes and providing feedback. If they post the new revision of PTR with 1.3 patch notes and there is a ton of feedback on a certain thing by them giving a release date they now either have to rush to make changes and hope they are good or push back 1.3 release date. Or they can just release it as is, but then what's the point of even having stuff on the PTR prior to release.

Their QA department is not flawless either lol, see pre 1.1 sabs, champs, 1.2 gos pyros, etc.
    Wow is a great example, patch notes go up and evryone freaks, Wow is dead! Then like 2 weeka after the patch theyrw stil playing, usualy doing the new thng thatwassupposed to b stupid. Just ask my boy lore from tankspot about this subject ;)

Tldr when u put the notes up you get ppl judging a change on how they THINK it will work, doesnt really shiw anything except the fact that ppl are searching for something to,***** about. This is my observation with wow anyway.

Champion

Am I missing something? If we can't really test/review anything until we see the official patch notes and they already set a release date of June 22, that means less than 2 weeks of testing/feedback/tweaks/re-testing, etc.
    Yes. You're missing E3, which, in case you forgot, is the world's biggest video game convention. If Trion's employees have any sense, they're focused 95% on E3, 5% on everything else combined (i.e. just enough to note things like shard servers physically catching fire).

E3 ends tomorrow. Smart money's on the patch notes Friday.
    Last edited by Ampere; 06-08-2011 at 02:00 PM.
    Kashta, 50 Rogue / Gwythiant, 41 Cleric / Ampere, 37 Mage

i'd imagine this is when the world event will begin... so 5 phases... and then hammerknell will be released so maybe more likely that the actual raid is 4 weeks away.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Dereth View Post
    Significant internal testing is being done, along with private invites to test content that's heavily restricted under the NDA.
    I didn't know Trion was part for the CIA , I mean Heavily Restricted Its a Game for the love of god .. not some CIA confidential State Secrets , Private invites Smell fishy to me .

Quote Originally Posted by lukain View Post
    I didn't know Trion was part for the CIA , I mean Heavily Restricted Its a Game for the love of god .. not some CIA confidential State Secrets , Private invites Smell fishy to me .
    Private invites mean guilds who are not idiots and can provide test feed back that is of value. Not 20 "Corky's" from the wonder years drooling over themselves wiping on trash.

Secondly, NDA's are common with most business who allow access to information that is not ready or available for public consumption.

Please take off your tin foul hat and let your brain breathe.
    Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Imi
    Ascendant

they dont? So 100% armor penetration bug was just a simple miss (that players identified)? GoS pyros couldnt have used more testing/tweaking? Sabs 1-shotting people was honest mistake?

Yea trion is flawless with their testing.
    No one releases bug-free software, ever. The sign of a good software company is how quickly problems are fixed once they are identified.

Quote Originally Posted by Ndangerdfevr View Post
    i'd imagine this is when the world event will begin... so 5 phases... and then hammerknell will be released so maybe more likely that the actual raid is 4 weeks away.
    The gates of Hammerknell open on phase 4.
    Jolly fat people are living proof that it is not possible to "laugh your *** off", though we're trying...

Rift Chaser

The op is clearly ignorant of the internal test servers and the closed test realm.

Im suprised the didnt whip out WoW on this one.
    Speaking of which.. WoW is a rather great excample of how .. well a PTR works. They have the PTR up and running for 1-2 months and still end up letting more.. bugs, glitches and imballances slip through then Trion ever did.
    My personal favorid was during BC, 2 months of PTR, hunters lost their autoshot ability, was reported etc etc, the patch still went live. Took 3+months before they actually bothered to fix.

I can list more excamples from that game but then this post alone would get us to 20pages, I gladly get into the lesser effectiveness of ptr's on other mmo's too if you really want.

But the bottom line is, the ptr really is just to find smaller issues, in general no major changes will be made during the time on the PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by betarun View Post
    The op is clearly ignorant of the internal test servers and the closed test realm.

Im suprised the didnt whip out WoW on this one.
    Speaking of which.. WoW is a rather great excample of how .. well a PTR works. They have the PTR up and running for 1-2 months and still end up letting more.. bugs, glitches and imballances slip through then Trion ever did.
    My personal favorid was during BC, 2 months of PTR, hunters lost their autoshot ability, was reported etc etc, the patch still went live. Took 3+months before they actually bothered to fix.

I can list more excamples from that game but then this post alone would get us to 20pages, I gladly get into the lesser effectiveness of ptr's on other mmo's too if you really want.

But the bottom line is, the ptr really is just to find smaller issues, in general no major changes will be made during the time on the PTR.
    you seem to be under the common misconception that bugs that make it live do so because they aren't known to the developers. That's not the case at all. They do so because they are deemed not a big enough issue to delay the patch.
    Last edited by Jaya; 06-08-2011 at 03:30 PM.
    Jaya
    Tertian of the <Children of Mechanus>
    Kaleida (Defiant)

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
    you seem to be under the common misconception that bugs that make it live do so because they aren't known to the developers. That's not the case at all. They do so because they are deemed not a big enough issue to delay the patch.
    Im positive alot of the bugs are known. But it definately helps to have people test to find things they missed.
    Its like I said, during the ptr "tes"period , in general nothing major is done anymore.

And if you see the warrior changes you now see my concerns. They completely screwed up the class and now only 12 days to test, provide feedback, and hope they fix it before release. GG Trion. Way to cop out and instead of balancing all the souls just moving sli to 38 points and leaving the other souls untouched LOL. Now dps warriors are forced to run dual wield, put their shiny new legendary 2hers in the bank, and roll for 1hers against rogues.
    Last edited by Rottweiler-STi; 06-11-2011 at 08:25 AM.

And if you see the warrior changes you now see my concerns. They completely screwed up the class and now only 12 days to test, provide feedback, and hope they fix it before release. GG Trion. Way to cop out and instead of balancing all the souls just moving sli to 38 points and leaving the other souls untouched LOL. Now dps warriors are forced to run dual wield, put their shiny new legendary 2hers in the bank, and roll for 1hers against rogues.
    QQ mhaor about nerfs

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3