Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RIFT combat parser (dps meter) already available from official fansite "RIFT JUNKIES"

Default RIFT combat parser (dps meter) already available from official fansite "RIFT JUNKIES"

Some of you might not be aware about this but there is already an option in development that will do everything a dps meter does. I am not the creator of the program so don't shoot the messenger. I am just spreading awareness.

It is available for download from the official RIFT fansite: www.riftjunkies.com

It is being developed by a player named "Verb" and does the following:

FEATURES

* View stats for everyone, just your group, or just you.
    * Who cares about the bad players? Just view the best of the best.
    * Select just the stats you care about.
    * View stats encounter, by encounter, or see where you rank over your entire play session.
    * Output automatically copied to the Windows’ clipboard after each encounter (Trion has told me they do not currently support newline characters in in-game chat so I am working on alternative ways to format the text
    * Entering an instance or raid? Reset your session stats and see who your M.V.P is.
    * Easy to read output.
    * Sorted Damage and healing statistics.
    * Stats split into Encounter, Session, and Group totals.
    * View stat as you play, or go back and re-parse your old combat logs.
    The program is available for download here:
    http://www.riftjunkies.com/combat-parser/

Rift Disciple

There is another huge thread with many people complaining about having such a tool. But, I say, bring it on. Sure, I could sift through logs to find out who is performing up to par, but if this makes it easier, I'm all for it!

Oh look, World of Recount has invaded Rift.... Just what we needed....

Quote Originally Posted by Tact View Post
    There is another huge thread with many people complaining about having such a tool. But, I say, bring it on. Sure, I could sift through logs to find out who is performing up to par, but if this makes it easier, I'm all for it!
    so your saying you don't like playing mmo's that are to challenging, you just like it easy as 123?
    Rhyli@Hailol

Quote Originally Posted by -Riley View Post
    so your saying you don't like playing mmo's that are to challenging, you just like it easy as 123?
    Having this tool doesn't make the game more challenging.

I hope you are joking.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    Having this tool doesn't make the game more challenging.
    i wasn't saying it will make it more challenging, im saying that he would rather have this to make the game more easier for him.
    Rhyli@Hailol

i wasn't saying it will make it more challenging, im saying that he would rather have this to make the game more easier for him.
    Fail, yeah I caught my mistake after I posted.

All the tool does is save him TIME, not make the game easier. If he wanted to he could go through the logs and calculate the meters himself.
    Last edited by Trion_Community; 01-07-2011 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Removed insulting comment

This is a out of game parser. So yes it will help parse combat logs and give you a over view of whats going on. Sorry to say it but a lot of people used those in old school EQ too, but they arent the same as a DPS meter addon in game. This is tool you use outside of the game .. usually when your not playing. IE lets review last nights raid numbers and see if we gain new info on this encounter. You could do it manually by hand too .. so not really a game breaker.

I am totally against easy mode addons being added .. and if that means Trion doesn't allow any addons .. I can live with that. But you cant expect people to not use combat logs to help with figuring out the end game encounters .. knowledge is power .. in this case .. those who have the tools and know how to use them will be at the front of the endgame.
    Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish. - Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Solkaris View Post
    This is tool you use outside of the game .. usually when your not playing. IE lets review last nights raid numbers and see if we gain new info on this encounter. You could do it manually by hand too .. so not really a game breaker.
    Actually that is not true. It will be used when playing as it gathers and disperses information in real-time:

The Rift Junkies Combat Parser was created to give you a live break down of your combat stats while in-game. This program runs along side the game. You need to install Java prior to running the application.
    Some other key points to remember:
    View stats for everyone, just your group, or just you.
    Output automatically copied to the Windows’ clipboard after each encounter
    Entering an instance or raid? Reset your session stats and see who your M.V.P is
    View stat as you play, or go back and re-parse your old combat logs.
    Based on the description this will be working exactly like a dps meter but it just won't be part of the actual in-game UI.

Cool

I like knowing my DPS and I'm a pretty casual player....

If knowledge ='s elitism then count me in I guess lol ;)

But really, I don't see how knowing your and your group's damage is a bad thing.

Most RPGs I'm aware of you can look at any weapon and it shows it's Avg. DPS and dmg range...isn't this the same info only calculated in real time while fighting?
    "believe in what gods you may, TRUST in cold hard steel!"

Rift Junkies!

Plane Touched

I can see the good side and bad side to this. Yes you dont have to go through all the game logs to find out how you been doing or how someone else was.

It also help to find out who is not doing their Jobs as DPS. See it time and time again in the past people Join a group Just to soak up exp and to get loot. They hit a button every so often to make it look like they are doing something. And people wonder hy a normal 25 min run takes over an hour.

Bad thing is yes if your a player that is not doing your part you will get kicked from the group. But sorry to say Even with out DPS meter I still watch to see who is doing what and boot them if they don't pick it up. I'm not going to let the other 4 suffer cause one Joker can't play his class to do damage like he should be. Why should they have to make more time for one person.

Bad thing by kicking player for lack of DPS and many time Just told that is the reason and that is it. those player wont learn untill you explain hey you need to be doing more damage and learning your skills more.

Bad thing Always one Dummy that think hey the higher DPS i get the better. Hey I died. Well dummy if you didn't steal aggro off the tank you would be alive. Always happens someone wants to be ToP on DPS and care nothing about group work.

All this will happen with or without DPS Meters I have used and some games i have not. But one thing is true I don't want some slacker in my group not doing Jack.
    Only Glory in Death is to Die with Honor.

Default I like meters

I like to run meters just for my own personal curiosity.
    It lets me know if I have to change my dps rotations or my healing rotations. Why over heal and waste mana in a long fight when I can supplement? Why keep spamming a long cast when a short one will do and even set off more crits thus upping my dps or heals?
    I do not think that running meters is a bad thing at all. It feeds my OCD in a very satisfying way in fact! I do not have to be the best EVER, I just have to be the best for ME.
    I look forward to having a dps meter running and a heal meter.
    Plus, I look forward to the stratagies that my husband and I will put together because of them.
    I am a zombie filled with love.

Rift Disciple

people who complain about having something to see if people arn't doing their part are people who DONT do their part.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast