+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Should high elves have face markings?

Shadowlander

Default Should high elves have face markings?

Just something minor that I have been giving some thought to. I would like to hear your opinions on the topic.

So, should high elves have face markings?

My answer to this is no. It is my opinion that, face markings denote primitivism. High elves are deemed to be very cultured, refined and more advanced than some other sub-races of elves. Face markings should be reserved for such elves as drows and wood elves (as an example).

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Soteira View Post
    Just something minor that I have been giving some thought to. I would like to hear your opinions on the topic.

My answer to this is no. It is my opinion that, face markings denote primitivism. High elves are deemed to be very cultured, refined and more advanced than some other sub-races of elves. Face markings should be reserved for such elves as drows and wood elves (as an example).
    so you think that modern western civilization, with the wealth of tattoed peoples it has, is primitive?
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizo View Post
    so you think that modern western civilization, with the wealth of tattoed peoples it has, is primitive?
    Tattoos? No.

Facial tattoos? Well, maybe.

Spot the CEO!
    Last edited by Dereth; 06-06-2011 at 11:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireforge View Post
    Your patience is completely unnecessary in this matter. You put a quarter in the machine and you need your gumball. It's cool.
    Your "Likes" fuel me.
    E . ` ' / . F
    Selling 1.4 Crafting Components. X-Shard Delivery Available.

I agree, high elves from the perspective of classic fantasy, would not have face markings and would be unlikely to mark their skin in any way given their life span and generally stuck up snotty attitude.

*makes a "primitive" mocking expression with his marked up Bahmi face as he hacks your wardstone to little bits*
    Last edited by Rakkasa; 06-06-2011 at 11:57 PM.

Shadowlander

No, that's not what I'm implying. You have taken my comment out of context.

As pointed out already by, Rakassa, I'm speaking from a "classic fantasy perspective".

Ascendant

No, that's not what I'm implying. You have taken my comment out of context.

As pointed out already by, Rakassa, I'm speaking from a "classic fantasy perspective".
    theres no such thing as "classic fantasy" - every author have its own idea about the civilization he creates and bring out its own wordld.
    Telara is not D&D's Forgotten Realms or Tolkien's Middle Earth.
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

theres no such thing as "classic fantasy" - every author have its own idea about the civilization he creates and bring out its own wordld.
    Get too serious about stuff much?

Shadowlander

Believe it or not, there is such thing as classic fantasy.

General of Telara Doktor_Ljubavi's Avatar

Believe it or not, there is such thing as classic fantasy.
    Welp, I hate to break it to you, this isn't classic fantasy.
    http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv43/Unholiologist/fictionsaysninjaassassin.jpg

Dwarves have the option to <i>not</i> have a beard as well.
    I like it. As long as companies see fantasy as meaning "elves and dwarves", at least they can make them slightly different from the rest.

The high elves in this game don't even look like elves. The character models are to ugly in comparison to the kelari. I think they should fix that before they get rid of markings.
    Got an itch for anime? Visit my anime thread here!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
    The high elves in this game don't even look like elves. The character models are to ugly in comparison to the kelari. I think they should fix that before they get rid of markings.
    I have to agree with you, they really don't look like your typical high elf.

As some posters have already hinted, maybe Trion just doesn't want the classic fantasy character/s. It would be nice if the models for high elves were re-done. Although, I don't see that happening, at least, not anytime soon.

I have to agree with you, they really don't look like your typical high elf.

As some posters have already hinted, maybe Trion just doesn't want the classic fantasy character/s. It would be nice if the models for high elves were re-done. Although, I don't see that happening, at least, not anytime soon.
    I'm not in love with the high elf design myself, but angelic flight is pretty tough to beat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireforge View Post
    Your patience is completely unnecessary in this matter. You put a quarter in the machine and you need your gumball. It's cool.
    Your "Likes" fuel me.
    E . ` ' / . F
    Selling 1.4 Crafting Components. X-Shard Delivery Available.

I'd say there was, in very general terms.

Doesn't mean anyone has to follow it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartolomeus D View Post
    Queueing solo should not place you in a warfront against opponents that queued as a group.

It's that simple.

Nobody is going to erase my fine markings!
    Never give a sword to a man who can't dance (Confucius)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast