+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: 58 NA servers still?

Quote Originally Posted by Rahh View Post
    I re-rolled off Wolfsbane (worst mistake ever) to millrush (recommended at the time).

The game I remember playing in beta, and on Wolfsbane just isn't on Millrush... or
    most likley 2/3 of the other servers out there maybe 1/2 at least I imagine.

Can I make it to 1.3? I'm seriously beginning to doubt it. and I REALLY BAD want to play rift.

Guild can't raid anymore b/c of the ghosts on our roster (usually 2-3 short, and man thats frustrating)
    Can't recruit, well b/c there's no one joining Millrush, unless i try and poach I suppose.
    But for the most part folks are fairly dedicated to thier guilds.

So what can I do in the now? 10 man content is crap IMO. I have everything out of T2's that I could ever want.

too late on transfers, that should have been done a month ago.

Guess I'm just playing the volcano here and venting before the final eruption.
    There are positives and negatives about being on a server like Wolfsbane. Having people to play with is one of the good things.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldrat View Post
    I typically like to stay out of these sort of threads, but can I just draw attention to your signature. The one with the giant imagine of the queue window? The one that, well, resulted in many servers being opened during launch? I find it amazing that the same people who attack Trion for having too many servers are the same ones who like to point out launch was overcrowded and NEEDED more servers.

Server transfers WILL redistribute the population. Trion will very likely wait until they can assess which servers have the lowest population after a certain amount of time, and then they will simply move to mergers.

A game is not necessarily dying just because it hasn't reached 9 million subscribers in several months. I don't know how many of you actually played WoW from launch, but it was a buggy mess and didn't begin to attract significant attention until quite a few months later. How about we take off our "DOOOOM" sandwich boards for now?
    I kept this signature is because I had a feeling in time it would become a cruel joke. I hoped months ago to be proven wrong, that all the servers were necessary and fully packed but once the free month was done many people left. Then the bored people started to leave, and then people began re-rolling from the shards that were least populated. This currently leaves the population spread pretty lopsided and that won’t be changing unless there are mergers.

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Duh. I've posted the evidence. Repeatedly. It is not my job to repost it in every single thread so you can keep ignoring it and claiming it was never posted.
    You haven’t posted anything other than /who which isn’t indicative of anything other than fantasy that everything is doing great. Your earlier fallacy that “Low” to “High” means anything without a concrete way of knowing the server populations is equally laughable. However, I’d love to see you take your incomplete unverifiable mess to an actual research company and watch you get laughed out of the building.

I don't need to prove it over and over. I proved it, past tense. I went and did the /who censuses, and posted the population numbers I pointed out that the doomsayers were misreading the riftstatus population graphs.
    You haven’t proven anything to begin with. Your “census” as you put it, is like going to houses in a neighborhood during the daytime to count the residents. Ignoring which ones have people missing or for sale signs up and estimating how many people live inside by bedroom counts without actually interacting with anyone. I’ve already said my peace about “graphs” that represent theoretical numbers we can’t determine.

I've posted any data at all, which is more data than you have yet posted. If you have data showing that population is in decline, you go ahead and post that data. Until then, I'm the one who actually posted data. I've made concrete predictions about future events, and those predictions have come to pass. You've done nothing of the sort.
    Again, the claims of "data" that anyone could misrepresent reminds me of when people were claiming that the 1 million registered accounts meant anything. It still doesn't but you can't convince them of that. Not taking into account I know four of those registered million even though I only pay and play one. I think you are becoming the example of a little bit of knowledge being a dangerous tool. You think you know more than you actually do.
    Pre-server merges BS statement:
    Given how quickly population seems to be growing overall, I think we'll see new servers before mergers.
    Post server merges BS Statement:
    I think at this point I'm obliged to grant that functionally I was wrong about mergers.
    A quick snap of the neck keeps those corpses nice and dead like." ~ Ferry

Quote Originally Posted by xeshaka View Post
    Guilds need to start merging or at least forming alliances. Too many guilds trying to things with too few members.
    I'm lucky enough to be in one of the only guilds raiding on my server. If the other guilds that are trying to raid would actually just corporate they would get stuff done. We've already had one of the largest defiant guilds break in half in hopes that it would fix their problems, but all it did was segregate the community more. This new raid guild hasn't done anything new since the split. Its very disheartening. On the flip side (and I'm sure someone said it already) no one wants to make alliances and merge because that requires communication and sharing. Go figure.

Art is meant to upset people, science reassures them.
    ~Georges Braque

Wink

i mentioned this several times in the past but they don't listen.

TOO MANY SERVERS, REDUCE SERVER LIST BY 50%

problem solved.
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Enokarda View Post
    I'm lucky enough to be in one of the only guilds raiding on my server. If the other guilds that are trying to raid would actually just corporate they would get stuff done. We've already had one of the largest defiant guilds break in half in hopes that it would fix their problems, but all it did was segregate the community more. This new raid guild hasn't done anything new since the split. Its very disheartening. On the flip side (and I'm sure someone said it already) no one wants to make alliances and merge because that requires communication and sharing. Go figure.
    I know, sharing and communication are too hard for most people. They would rather sit on the bench and not play. However, I know exactly how hard an alliance can be to manage and maintain. Alliances still beat sitting around waiting for pvp/daily queues or the lulz worthy 10 man content.
    Pre-server merges BS statement:
    Given how quickly population seems to be growing overall, I think we'll see new servers before mergers.
    Post server merges BS Statement:
    I think at this point I'm obliged to grant that functionally I was wrong about mergers.
    A quick snap of the neck keeps those corpses nice and dead like." ~ Ferry

Stop the beating!

Think of the children!!
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it's dressed in overalls and looks like work."
    Thomas Edison

Stop the Beating!

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Rekuja View Post
    i mentioned this several times in the past but they don't listen.

TOO MANY SERVERS, REDUCE SERVER LIST BY 50%

problem solved.
    QFT, now if only trion could comprehend the solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogmodon View Post
    QFT, now if only trion could comprehend the solution.
    I agree.

Important business decisions should be made by forum posters throwing out arbitrary numbers. We're all expert programmers with full access to the data, and WE WANT IT NOW!
    Last edited by Dereth; 06-06-2011 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dereth View Post
    I agree.

Important business decisions should be made by forum posters throwing out arbitrary numbers. We're all expert programmers with full access to the data, and WE WANT IT NOW!
    For real! You should run for president!

Quote Originally Posted by Fireforge View Post
    For real! You should run for president!

I'll run a campaign based on free legendary weapons for every one, server merges on demand, and as much platinum as the character limit in the bank slot can tolerate.

Imi
    Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Lockiszemode View Post
    You haven’t posted anything other than /who which isn’t indicative of anything other than fantasy that everything is doing great. Your earlier fallacy that “Low” to “High” means anything without a concrete way of knowing the server populations is equally laughable.
    This is willful ignorance. /who is indicative of who is currently playing at the time it is taken, which is the entire point of a census... to gauge the number of active players. This is as "real" as data gets.

If they are taking at consistent times (i.e. prime time on a weeknight) then trends are certainly valid.

You haven’t proven anything to begin with. Your “census” as you put it, is like going to houses in a neighborhood during the daytime to count the residents. Ignoring which ones have people missing or for sale signs up and estimating how many people live inside by bedroom counts without actually interacting with anyone. I’ve already said my peace about “graphs” that represent theoretical numbers we can’t determine.
    No one is estimating the number of subs based on active players. What they are estimating is the number of active players based on... umm... the number of active players.

In other words, it's not even an "estimate". It's a direct count!

Again, the claims of "data" that anyone could misrepresent reminds me of when people were claiming that the 1 million registered accounts meant anything. It still doesn't but you can't convince them of that.
    No one brought that up as proof of anything. You can argue with strawmen all day if you'd like, but it's not going to convince anybody.

Exactly. When I say there's 1200 people online, that doesn't mean that I counted 200 people and multiplied by 6, it means I counted 1200 people.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Champion

Try going back to Wolfsbane then.

So? Every single person who has actually gone and tested the claim has found that it is so.

Wrong. Populations are skyrocketing on "recommended" servers, and are generally increasing pretty much across the board.

What's declining is the amount of time that servers spend at "low" population. The sorts of people who don't actually read stuff have noticed that a line is going down and said "population is declining!!!!", but it's not.

There were at least six servers with queues over the weekend. Not four. More servers are reaching high, new people are showing up and levelling past 15...

Population is growing. If you want to claim otherwise, how about you actually present some solid evidence? Do a decent census with /who and give us week/week numbers for comparable times or something.
    May take awhile, as (my info might be dated) IIRC /who is limited to a list of 25. So it's hard to get accurate numbers from that. There is however a blogger (can't find the link atm, my apologies) that has been pulling numbers from a wide swath of MMOs using Xfire numbers...which again isn't perfect, as not all of us (I use Vent) use Xfire, but it's still better than using /who, or as many of our beloved doom-sayers, sheer anecdotal evidence.
    Last edited by RivenDusk; 06-06-2011 at 09:09 PM.

Come have a look at Underlight Chamber (RP) Faeblight, my sprawling Wizard's Tower!

Quote Originally Posted by Honeymoon View Post
    By the time we hit the Holiday season this game will be down to 2 servers 1 U.S. 1 E.U. while everyone else will be playing SWTOR and have fun LFG doing same pve closing more rifts.
    Kinda depends on how big of a Star Wars fan you are... or in my case, a big fan, but an even bigger purist.

Guild Wars 2 on the other hand, I certainly will play, but it won't 'take me away' from Rift.

Come have a look at Underlight Chamber (RP) Faeblight, my sprawling Wizard's Tower!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast