+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fastest way to level?

Rift Disciple

Default Fastest way to level?

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts on the fastest way to level is. Already have a rogue that has done almost all the quests, I just want to get a cleric up so that I can heal for my team.

Thanks everyone!

Currently I'm just spamming DSM, not sure if that's the fastest, but I can get tons and tons of nice loot from it

Quote Originally Posted by Tiniky View Post
    Just wondering what everyone's thoughts on the fastest way to level is. Already have a rogue that has done almost all the quests, I just want to get a cleric up so that I can heal for my team.

Thanks everyone!

Currently I'm just spamming DSM, not sure if that's the fastest, but I can get tons and tons of nice loot from it
    My first character (Rogue) on a PVP server took 5 days ~8 hours /played. I did a bunch of WF, and being on a high pop server I was able to get into a ton of 5man instances. I also did a bunch of exploring and world PVP.

My second character (Cleric) on a PVE medium server is 3 days ~12 hours /played just dinged level 49. I have done zero WFs... and only managed to get into 9x 5man instances. Basically: I only quest.

I think the ultimate fastest leveling would be an alt that was on a high pop server who would be able to get into quick 5man runs... and ONLY play during rested... running 5mans. That character would likely be under 3 days /played. Of course, it would take you a long time to hit level 50... but your /played time would be amazing.

Given usual play time... questing is your pound for pound fastest leveling.

Basically: play the way you enjoy. Any way you play, you will be leveling. Be it in WF, 5mans or questing.

Do all the quests in the zone you are in right now. By the time you get out of that zone you will be overleveled for the next one. Then start on all those quests. By the time you hit 50, you'll be far above any quests in those areas and will run through them like crap through a goose.

Whenever you see a rift, STOP doing quests and do the rift. When it's closed go back to doing quests.

When doing quests pick up all quests in a hub and do them all.

Don't ever try and run, stealth, fake death, or otherwise avoid mobs on your way to the quest spots. Kill every single thing on the way.

Queue for dungeons. By the time you get into one you'll still be doing quests all that time.

Do not waste time with artifacts, fluff animals, crafting or harvesting. While you get exp it's too slow.

Don't waste time with Pvp. It's too slow for exp. Not enough mobs and players are much smarter than they are (well... usually)

Just a few tips on fast leveling.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Tiniky View Post

Thanks everyone!

Don't be in such a rush to level .. you may not like the end result

IXI

Fastest? Absolute fastest? Inquisicar and Chlorolock level absurdly fast. Spec to AoE grind and gain health on damage, then round up 4-6 mobs and AoE down. Stay in areas that are all melee mobs within a couple of levels of you, preferably above you, and you will be dinging once every 30m-1hr. 49 to 50 will take about 1h20m. You'll also end up with 4 roles and an epic mount plus spending cash by 50. Don't worry about gear at all, just equip whatever you pick up and vendor everything else you get. I ended up with half my gear being level 30s greens by the time I hit 50 on my cleric, and all through 49 I was rounding up 6 mobs and ending up full mana full health after each pull. AoEing each pack took about 15 seconds per pack plus round up time. Once you get in your 40s, Shimmersand. You will launch through 40s here. Entrance area AoEing level 42 scorpions/humanoids, harpies for mid 40s, 47+ on ogres in sunblind ascent. All melee mobs, all drop absurd loot (at least 10p per level). You can hop in any invasions and get a head start on your planar focus. I wouldn't worry about planarite until you hit 40, where you start getting hundreds at a time in invasions. Prior, it isn't worthwhile.
    It's spelled "Riftdrawal", and yeah you have it.

Quote Originally Posted by IXI View Post
    Fastest? Absolute fastest? Inquisicar and Chlorolock level absurdly fast. Spec to AoE grind and gain health on damage, then round up 4-6 mobs and AoE down. Stay in areas that are all melee mobs within a couple of levels of you, preferably above you, and you will be dinging once every 30m-1hr. 49 to 50 will take about 1h20m. You'll also end up with 4 roles and an epic mount plus spending cash by 50. Don't worry about gear at all, just equip whatever you pick up and vendor everything else you get. I ended up with half my gear being level 30s greens by the time I hit 50 on my cleric, and all through 49 I was rounding up 6 mobs and ending up full mana full health after each pull. AoEing each pack took about 15 seconds per pack plus round up time. Once you get in your 40s, Shimmersand. You will launch through 40s here. Entrance area AoEing level 42 scorpions/humanoids, harpies for mid 40s, 47+ on ogres in sunblind ascent. All melee mobs, all drop absurd loot (at least 10p per level). You can hop in any invasions and get a head start on your planar focus. I wouldn't worry about planarite until you hit 40, where you start getting hundreds at a time in invasions. Prior, it isn't worthwhile.

This.

Questing is slow. Instances are quite quick if you can get a good run but its a big IF.
    Notice : My signature is now only available from my shop.

Quest rapidly (you need to know what you're doing), run instances, do rifts and invasions.

Also, if you want to optimize /played instead of calendar time, get rest bonus.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by IXI View Post
    This is the answer I was looking for! Thanks man!

+ Reply to Thread