Closed Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Server Transfers - EU > US and visa versa

Rift Disciple

Default Server Transfers - EU > US and visa versa

Is anyone else a bit pissed that when server transfers are implmented, we won't be able to transfer accross regions?

I imagine that there are lots of EU players who are playing on dead US servers right now, due to the fact that the game automatically logs you into the US region when you first install the game. In hindsight, a bit more time looking at settings prior to logging in would have prevented this, but I'm sure lots of people were excited and just wanted to get logged in and start playing Most of these players now want to get onto EU servers without having to reroll.

I don't expect an answer from Trion on this one, although it would be great to see some official comments on why this isn't happening. I just wondered if there were other people out there in the same boat as me and some people I know on my server, and if anyone has any idea why it won't be possible?

If the client for each region was different, I could sort of understand it, but we all run the same client. The only way I can see this being exploited is it AH prices on EU servers are higher, people may transfer an alt over every 7 days to sell items, then transfer back? If this is the case, make the cross region transfers 1 time only.

It would appear that those people you refer to are either unwilling to express their displeasure on these forums, or not that bothered.

Soulwalker

It's a bit of a shame for sure. I hope they implement this rather quickly after the current transfer system is in the game. I chose to play on a US server but the increasing decline in the overall population is rather hindering my dungeon crawling.

I will be making use of the system to transfer to another US server most likely just for the intermittent uptake in population.
    Last edited by Luhaine; 05-31-2011 at 05:34 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Tarka View Post
    It would appear that those people you refer to are either unwilling to express their displeasure on these forums, or not that bothered.
    Or the EU players on US servers have already quit the game after the server transfer announcment, and aren't able to reply to this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Luhaine View Post
    I will be making use of the system to transfer to another US server most likely just for the intermittent uptake in population.
    Yep, I'll be doing the same in the hope that I can start running dungeons again. At the moment I log on, do some daily quests then log off and go play on a different server.

Quote Originally Posted by Ettu View Post
    Or the EU players on US servers have already quit the game after the server transfer announcment, and aren't able to reply to this thread?
    Perhaps, then again, perhaps not. We don't know for sure. They could have left for other reasons. On the other hand, there may not be that many who are bothered at all.
    Last edited by Tarka; 05-31-2011 at 05:47 AM.

Why would you wanna play on US realms as a european ?!? Does the word LAG mean anything to you ?!?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Why would you wanna play on US realms as a european ?!? Does the word LAG mean anything to you ?!?
    Ping goes from 50ms to 100ms when going from EU to US, so really there is no lag. Also, some players from non-US countries may want to join a US server to join friends from the Everquest days when servers weren't region specific.

Soulwalker

I have the same problem.Im from Greece and when i logged into the game there was only Us shards and so i created my character on a US server.And i still i cant find the European ones..How i can she the European shards?

Quote Originally Posted by panostsakas View Post
    I have the same problem.Im from Greece and when i logged into the game there was only Us shards and so i created my character on a US server.And i still i cant find the European ones..How i can she the European shards?
    At the patcher screen (before you log-in ) there is a settings button click on it and set your region to Europe to see the EU shards.

You can reset it to North America if you want characters in both regions but you'll only ever see the shards for the region you've selected.
    (Bechka, Machine Born)
    Knowledge is power: Power corrupts; Study hard , be evil

Quote Originally Posted by Ettu View Post
    No, you can reply after quitting.
    Jaya
    Tertian of the <Children of Mechanus>
    Kaleida (Defiant)

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
    No, you can reply after quitting.
    Good to know

Soulwalker

I'd love to transfer to the Euro servers since the US people I wanted to play with quit playing.

Think if I petition they'll listen?

Default Bump!

I'm wanting to transfer to EU as well. Just waiting IMPATIENTLY!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by frozensight View Post
    I'm wanting to transfer to EU as well. Just waiting IMPATIENTLY!!!!
    I'll second the notion. Region transfers need to happen plz!

Angry

Contacted a GM in game. They said they won't manually do it for me and to send feedback via the feedback/bug tool. Which, they probably don't even read, but I did that too. I have 3 lvl 50s ready to raid and can't because no one raids in the day on NA shards. I have been looking for weeks for one. All I need is to get over to the EU and I can have my pick of where to go. HELP US!!

All I can do now is PVP and listen to guildies tell me how great the raids have been and how cool Hammerknell is. WELL THIS SUCKS! Help those of us that are struggling to remain subscribers.
    Last edited by frozensight; 07-29-2011 at 09:52 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast