+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Possible RvR zone?

Banned

Default Possible RvR zone?

I'm not much of a 24/7 PvP fan, however I do like getting my hands dirty when I'm in the mood.. Which alot of times depends if the PvP is more of a team strategy with a purpose.. I hated arenas in WoW, and not a fan of most of the bg's, but I did LOVE doing Alterac Valley and Wintergrasp.. Anyways.. The purpose of this thread is just to discuss alternate ideas besides the current quest and dungeon grind format..

I read in a few threads elsewhere of the desire of RvR, which I guess comes from peoples experience in DAoC? I've always thought of and enjoyed that concept even though I never had any first hand experience.. How about a zone that is fairly large, that of Shimmer or Stillmore, which has multiple hubs.. One major hub for the Defiant, One for the Guardian, and One that is contested.. The factional hubs (defiant & guardian) will have a variety of repeatable turn in quest.. So please keep your turn in NPC's alive, their respawn will NOT be 5 seconds after they are killed.. However, the NPC's will not be alone like sitting ducks either.. The contested hub will be guarded by NPC of the controlling faction, which is subject to change depending on the RIFT invasion.. Every, 3 hours? or 4hours? a major random rift will open up inside the contested hub, which will kill off every NPC, and then spawn mobs to guard their hub, and send out invasion forces to each faction hub simultaneously.. Each faction hub MUST control and defend their wardstones, or you can help help destroy your enemies..(this will flag you PvP tho)..

Once the first stage of defending your wardstones has been met, a BOSS will spawn inside the contested hub.. At this point anyone attacking or supporting this fight against the Boss will be flagged for PvP.. This is done because it's a race to kill the Boss.. Which ever side does the most damage, wins the loot and CONTROLS the hub until the next timed rift invasion.. So if your side is late to the fight, or is losing the damage fight.. KILL off the enemy to stop them from out damaging you.. LOL ENJOY..

Benefit for winning.. Your side gains control of the hub and the special 5 man instance within it.. There will be special "turn in" NPC for this 5 man dungeon that can only be collected from within.. However, here is the twist.. I hate to have such a zone only used by "end game" players.. Therefore this zone will be designed for levels 10 mobs.. Don't fret, I'm not going to allow level 50's to run in, wipe the zone of all mobs with 1 hits.. The moment you step inside this zone you receive a debuff that takes you down to level 10 as well.. Darn that zone wide corrupt magic.. This zone is for everyone at any level from 5-50.. However because of epic gear that some will have, it till will be nerfed a bit as well.. It would be safe to say that a level 50 in T1's will fight like lvl 13 players.. Advantage yes, GOD LIKE? no!

As for the instance, again another twist.. Any group, with a variety of levels can enter the dungeon.. Again this will be a flexible dungeon zone.. The group leader SETS the dungeon level to what they want.. Example.. If the group is comprised of a 37th, 31, 28, 21 and a 18th level players.. The leader can select the dungeon to be for 21-30th level.. ANY player over 30th will be temporary debuffed down to 30th.. Everyone else remains as is.. This does mean that the 18th level player might have a hard time hitting or damaging the mobs.. The concept is to make this dungeon flexible for grouping up across the board..

This zone will have it's own gear and reward vendors, It is possible to gain enough "tokens" throughout your career that you can either use them as you level up, or save them till you hit 50th and spend them.. OH.. One more thing..

A segment of this zone away from the 3 major hubs will have an underground labyrinth cave system.. ALL mobs inside this labyrinth will be elites.. Mostly spread out, but in packs of 2,3 or 4 at a time.. There will be certain "special" points within this labyrinth that named mobs will spawn randomly.. It will be open zone, so play nicely with other groups.. This labyrinth does not play nice with single players.. but good luck if you wish to try.. NOT impossible..

Possible? Ideas?

Rift Disciple

these threads never get old :P

+1

lets make a point!
    Devotion/Octobeast - Aion - Uprising
    Orion - WAR - DDH
    Devotion/Octobeast - AOC - DDH
    Devotion/Octobeast - Lineage2 - RK/Uprising
    Orion - DAOC - Nolby Pride
    Orion/Smoke - UO - 6i6/-7-

Banned

You could almost consider this zone as an experiment.. If certain aspects of this zone are well received, they could be implemented elsewhere.. Just a thought

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by OrionTC View Post
    these threads never get old :P

+1

lets make a point!
    Agreed. Lets get some rvr pls.

Bring on the RvR zones! That's what made Warhammer worth playing.
    Currently not raiding.
    5/5 FT, 5/5 EE.

If they would have had one from the start, they would have many more subs i think. Its filling up slowly though. Perhaps in a few updates you guys will get your wish.
    Minsc and Boo
    All time favorite RPG characters.

Ascendant

Yes, I'd love to see more PvP options added to the game, as it stands the game is pretty lack luster in that department. Wardstones just don't cut it and there are too few options with the types of WF's. It would be a big plus for the game if they could get something to interest the RvR crowd.

Completely agree, this game definitely needs an open zone dedicated to pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Rydeson View Post
    I'm not much of a 24/7 PvP fan, however I do like getting my hands dirty when I'm in the mood.. Which alot of times depends if the PvP is more of a team strategy with a purpose.. I hated arenas in WoW, and not a fan of most of the bg's, but I did LOVE doing Alterac Valley and Wintergrasp.. Anyways.. The purpose of this thread is just to discuss alternate ideas besides the current quest and dungeon grind format..

I read in a few threads elsewhere of the desire of RvR, which I guess comes from peoples experience in DAoC? I've always thought of and enjoyed that concept even though I never had any first hand experience.. How about a zone that is fairly large, that of Shimmer or Stillmore, which has multiple hubs.. One major hub for the Defiant, One for the Guardian, and One that is contested.. The factional hubs (defiant & guardian) will have a variety of repeatable turn in quest.. So please keep your turn in NPC's alive, their respawn will NOT be 5 seconds after they are killed.. However, the NPC's will not be alone like sitting ducks either.. The contested hub will be guarded by NPC of the controlling faction, which is subject to change depending on the RIFT invasion.. Every, 3 hours? or 4hours? a major random rift will open up inside the contested hub, which will kill off every NPC, and then spawn mobs to guard their hub, and send out invasion forces to each faction hub simultaneously.. Each faction hub MUST control and defend their wardstones, or you can help help destroy your enemies..(this will flag you PvP tho)..

Once the first stage of defending your wardstones has been met, a BOSS will spawn inside the contested hub.. At this point anyone attacking or supporting this fight against the Boss will be flagged for PvP.. This is done because it's a race to kill the Boss.. Which ever side does the most damage, wins the loot and CONTROLS the hub until the next timed rift invasion.. So if your side is late to the fight, or is losing the damage fight.. KILL off the enemy to stop them from out damaging you.. LOL ENJOY..

Benefit for winning.. Your side gains control of the hub and the special 5 man instance within it.. There will be special "turn in" NPC for this 5 man dungeon that can only be collected from within.. However, here is the twist.. I hate to have such a zone only used by "end game" players.. Therefore this zone will be designed for levels 10 mobs.. Don't fret, I'm not going to allow level 50's to run in, wipe the zone of all mobs with 1 hits.. The moment you step inside this zone you receive a debuff that takes you down to level 10 as well.. Darn that zone wide corrupt magic.. This zone is for everyone at any level from 5-50.. However because of epic gear that some will have, it till will be nerfed a bit as well.. It would be safe to say that a level 50 in T1's will fight like lvl 13 players.. Advantage yes, GOD LIKE? no!

As for the instance, again another twist.. Any group, with a variety of levels can enter the dungeon.. Again this will be a flexible dungeon zone.. The group leader SETS the dungeon level to what they want.. Example.. If the group is comprised of a 37th, 31, 28, 21 and a 18th level players.. The leader can select the dungeon to be for 21-30th level.. ANY player over 30th will be temporary debuffed down to 30th.. Everyone else remains as is.. This does mean that the 18th level player might have a hard time hitting or damaging the mobs.. The concept is to make this dungeon flexible for grouping up across the board..

This zone will have it's own gear and reward vendors, It is possible to gain enough "tokens" throughout your career that you can either use them as you level up, or save them till you hit 50th and spend them.. OH.. One more thing..

A segment of this zone away from the 3 major hubs will have an underground labyrinth cave system.. ALL mobs inside this labyrinth will be elites.. Mostly spread out, but in packs of 2,3 or 4 at a time.. There will be certain "special" points within this labyrinth that named mobs will spawn randomly.. It will be open zone, so play nicely with other groups.. This labyrinth does not play nice with single players.. but good luck if you wish to try.. NOT impossible..

Possible? Ideas?
    I do not like your idea because it gates pve behind having to pvp.
    No other playstyle in game has a effect on the other playstyle. Why does rvr always demand that they have a effect on others.
    You do not see pve players demanding that a new pvp zone is only open by having to do pve.
    You do not see warfront pvp players demanding that a new zone open only if they win the warfront.
    You do see rvr players demanding new zone that only opens when you win at rvr.

You can have your rvr just keep it out of the open world, Have it so it has zero effect on pve and zero gear that would be desirable to pve or a up grade over pve gear.

I'm all in favor of open world RvR, but I'd prefer it be kept to PvP servers.
    Fare thee well
    Let your life proceed by its own design
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfetx View Post
    I do not like your idea because it gates pve behind having to pvp.
    No other playstyle in game has a effect on the other playstyle. Why does rvr always demand that they have a effect on others.
    You do not see pve players demanding that a new pvp zone is only open by having to do pve.
    You do not see warfront pvp players demanding that a new zone open only if they win the warfront.
    You do see rvr players demanding new zone that only opens when you win at rvr.

You can have your rvr just keep it out of the open world, Have it so it has zero effect on pve and zero gear that would be desirable to pve or a up grade over pve gear.
    If you don't want to PvP,, NO ONE is forcing you.. The only time PvP comes into play is IF you are attacking the Rift Boss spawn ONLY.. WoW.. This whole zone idea has about 90% PvE and 10% OPTIONAL PvP and you have a hissy.. WOW.. just WOW..

+ Reply to Thread