+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 43

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Worried about free transfers.

  1. #1
    Ascendant Naronas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,699

    Default Worried about free transfers.

    I am something of a night owl. I raid at the aussie time zone, and to the best of my knowledge, the aussie server is Wolfsbane. Then, today, I read that SELECT shards will be available to transfer? Does this mean I'm going to be blocked STILL from raiding? I would gladly pay 25 dollars to move my character to any shard if it means it wont block me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walsingham View Post
    Yes, if you need to know, Vespera hit me with a big pointy spiky thing. It was immensely painful.

  2. #2
    Plane Walker philefluxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naronas View Post
    I am something of a night owl. I raid at the aussie time zone, and to the best of my knowledge, the aussie server is Wolfsbane. Then, today, I read that SELECT shards will be available to transfer? Does this mean I'm going to be blocked STILL from raiding? I would gladly pay 25 dollars to move my character to any shard if it means it wont block me.
    Blocked from raiding?

    What this means is people will start xfering from the high pops and low pops to shards Trion selects. Ultimately allowing the Aussie gamers to start collaborating to one server.
    Day gives way to night on the storefront mannequins, the audience with Mona Lisa grins.
    Moonlight builds emotion as the players scuttle in.
    Pull the curtain back and let the show begin....

  3. #3
    Ascendant Naronas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Blocked from raiding?

    What this means is people will start xfering from the high pops and low pops to shards Trion selects. Ultimately allowing the Aussie gamers to start collaborating to one server.
    Exactly, and Wolfsbane IS a high pop shard, and I am on a low pop shard. This is what worries me.

    Blocked as in there is no raid guild that raids after 11 pm PST on my shard, so I cant raid.
    Last edited by Naronas; 05-23-2011 at 10:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walsingham View Post
    Yes, if you need to know, Vespera hit me with a big pointy spiky thing. It was immensely painful.

  4. #4
    Plane Walker matt198992's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naronas View Post
    I am something of a night owl. I raid at the aussie time zone, and to the best of my knowledge, the aussie server is Wolfsbane. Then, today, I read that SELECT shards will be available to transfer? Does this mean I'm going to be blocked STILL from raiding? I would gladly pay 25 dollars to move my character to any shard if it means it wont block me.
    if your server is a low pop, you will be getting more on your server, meaning more people there, meaning better chance to raid because of the higher pop. just wait and see how it pans out before jumping to conclusions.
    Guild Leader of: <Access Denied>
    Guild: Level 8 PvP Guild
    Server: Sunrest Defiants

    Recruiting: YES

  5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #5
    Community Manager Elrar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,584

    Default

    While nothing is in stone - We've kept some thoughts in mind when developing the Free Character Transfers to enable oceanic players (and those who share their prime-time) to better coordinate where you play.

    Thanks guys
    Last edited by Elrar; 05-23-2011 at 10:40 AM.

  6. #6
    Ascendant Naronas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matt198992 View Post
    if your server is a low pop, you will be getting more on your server, meaning more people there, meaning better chance to raid because of the higher pop. just wait and see how it pans out before jumping to conclusions.
    Speaking from experience, low pop shards tend to remain low pop. A server I used to play on sat at one of the lowest populations for 2 years, even with free transers to it, and probably still hasn't changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walsingham View Post
    Yes, if you need to know, Vespera hit me with a big pointy spiky thing. It was immensely painful.

  7. #7
    Ascendant Naronas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    While nothing is in stone - We've got some thoughts in mind when developing the Free Character Transfers to enable oceanic players (and those who share their prime-time) to better coordinate where you play.

    Thanks guys
    Awesome, thanks Elrar!
    Quote Originally Posted by Walsingham View Post
    Yes, if you need to know, Vespera hit me with a big pointy spiky thing. It was immensely painful.

  8. #8
    Plane Walker philefluxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naronas View Post
    Exactly, and Wolfsbane IS a high pop shard, and I am on a low pop shard. This is what worries me.

    Blocked as in there is no raid guild that raids after 11 pm PST on my shard, so I cant raid.
    My point was that this will give the people the ability to start spreading out. If all the Aussies ban together you can all move to a shard together unofficially making it a Aussie server. Now your issues are solved right? What you should be worried about is if people will be smart enough to utilize this tools potential. That remains to be seen, but I like to think that people are generally smart. Especially the ones that dont post in the forums.
    Day gives way to night on the storefront mannequins, the audience with Mona Lisa grins.
    Moonlight builds emotion as the players scuttle in.
    Pull the curtain back and let the show begin....

  9. #9
    Ascendant Blays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naronas View Post
    Exactly, and Wolfsbane IS a high pop shard, and I am on a low pop shard. This is what worries me.

    Blocked as in there is no raid guild that raids after 11 pm PST on my shard, so I cant raid.
    Well how about you stop trying to jump to one of the most populated servers under the excuse of late raiding. There are tons of mid pop servers....

    try an EU one? Reroll
    Last edited by Blays; 05-23-2011 at 10:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

  10. #10
    Ascendant Naronas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    My point was that this will give the people the ability to start spreading out. If all the Aussies ban together you can all move to a shard together unofficially making it a Aussie server. Now your issues are solved right? What you should be worried about is if people will be smart enough to utilize this tools potential. That remains to be seen, but I like to think that people are generally smart. Especially the ones that dont post in the forums.
    I tend to take the opposite opinion of people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walsingham View Post
    Yes, if you need to know, Vespera hit me with a big pointy spiky thing. It was immensely painful.

  11. #11
    Ascendant Naronas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blays View Post
    Well how about you stop trying to jump to one of the most populated servers under the excuse of late raiding. There are tons of mid pop servers....

    try an EU one?
    A) You cant get to an EU shard.
    B) Wolfsbane has been the unofficial Aussie shard for a while. I want to have guidl options, not there is 1 late night guild. Don't like em? Tough ****.
    Last edited by Naronas; 05-23-2011 at 10:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walsingham View Post
    Yes, if you need to know, Vespera hit me with a big pointy spiky thing. It was immensely painful.

  12. #12
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    72

    Default

    You can get to EU shards.. I created a character on an EU shard the other day.. its in options on the patcher.

    Also for people looking for servers to play on and curious about the population at YOUR play time

    http://riftideas.com/shardwatch/

  13. #13
    Ascendant Naronas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinami View Post
    You can get to EU shards.. I created a character on an EU shard the other day.. its in options on the patcher.

    Also for people looking for servers to play on and curious about the population at YOUR play time

    http://riftideas.com/shardwatch/

    You can't transfer to them though. It one of the FAQ in the sticky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walsingham View Post
    Yes, if you need to know, Vespera hit me with a big pointy spiky thing. It was immensely painful.

  14. #14
    Isz
    Isz is offline
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naronas View Post
    A) You cant get to an EU shard.
    B) Wolfsbane has been the unofficial Aussie shard for a while. I want to have guidl options, not there is 1 late night guild. Don't like em? Tough ****.
    Dude, at a certain point you are just SOL. Trion can't cater to everyone all the time. If you are able to get moved to a server that raids when you can, thats awesome, but you are the exception and not the majority here.

  15. #15
    Ascendant the_real_seebs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    16,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    While nothing is in stone - We've kept some thoughts in mind when developing the Free Character Transfers to enable oceanic players (and those who share their prime-time) to better coordinate where you play.
    Oh, I see. So you think just trying to solve our problems and improve our game experience will make us happy, huh?

    ... oh, wait. :P
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts