Closed Thread
Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Free Character Transfer FAQ

Of course... i would love to have a small property in Silverwood... and pray to god it won't be torn up by the Aelfar!!!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    Will I be able to change my characters faction (from Defiant to Guardian for example) when I transfer or transfer my Character to another active account?

Not at this time, while these options are something we might look into in the future they will not be available for the initial release of the Free Character Transfer feature.[/LIST]
    I understand the initial faction switch denial, but to disallow transfers from one active shard account to another is not understandable at all. It will not change the dynamic of the server being transferred to and the server being transferred from will not suffer much considering that account is no longer used.
    1Ph j00Z (4|\| r34D 7|-|1$, j00Z R /\/\0r3 0Ph 4 |\|3rD 7|-|4|\| 1 4/\/\ !

Soulwalker

Thumbs up free migration

Way to lead field Trion and thank you
    About time some one stood up for the downtrodden masses
    and introduced a scheme that helps paying subscribers out.
    the pay to transfer fee's in other mmo's are Way WAY overpriced.
    you get my future loyalty and my subscriptions thats for sure.

Big thumbs up Trion

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by fresku View Post
    Please allow free faction changes at least a few times.

With all the rift factions named diferent, your making yourself do double the work. I think thats the only thing stopping you. On that note whats the harm in someobody getting an oppisite faction horse - Ziltch. I'll be happy to loose my home town faction (Meridian or scantum). But to name the rift factions differently is just plain redundant. Short of tipping the ballance of power on a server, witch can be fun in PvP, I dont see any issues. A fun idea, thier could be cross server battles. Perhaps guild flaged pvp like Eq1. In addition, non pvp servers would be unaffected, for you have not implimented contested mobs. Perhaps put faction on a monthly change system. I really like your idea of free server transfers, but I need faction changes. You said it yourself, friends want to play with friends. I have a t2 Defiant war on server A, a 48 Defiant mage on server B, and then all my friends started to play; I went Guardian on server C. It would be extremly pleasing to at least offer an innitial faction change. Server transfers without faction change is like pancakes with out syurp; It is a great innitial idea, but it's a dry without the intended end result.

W. Franklin
    I agree faction changes could be nice, while I hate the guardian side I would consider changing to that faction on a pvp server sine they seem to always be outnumbered and could use some love, once it became more balanced I would like to return to the defiant side.

Prophet of Telara

Can anyone confirm on the "select shard" portion of how this works? What about people who are on dead servers. Your telling us we will only be able to attain players? Talk about a terrible move. This game will die

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #306

Quote Originally Posted by phorqued View Post
    I understand the initial faction switch denial, but to disallow transfers from one active shard account to another is not understandable at all. It will not change the dynamic of the server being transferred to and the server being transferred from will not suffer much considering that account is no longer used.
    This is a matter of taking time to develop a system to do this, not so much as a policy against it - please understand that such features do not materialize overnight. By the time we announce a feature we have already been prototyping and laying down pre-production work to validate its viability and an appropriate time table for release. These systems are complex, and we need to ensure they are stable and do not corrupt character data while creating a user friendly interface for the end user, to that end we will not cram in more features and tech if it is too risky or not feasible at that time.

Hope that clarifies, thanks

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    This is a matter of taking time to develop a system to do this, not so much as a policy against it - please understand that such features do not materialize overnight. By the time we announce a feature we have already been prototyping and laying down pre-production work to validate its viability and an appropriate time table for release. These systems are complex, and we need to ensure they are stable and do not corrupt character data while creating a user friendly interface for the end user, to that end we will not cram in more features and tech if it is too risky or not feasible at that time.

Hope that clarifies, thanks
    can you go into detail about the "select shards" portion of the original post?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiraden View Post
    Can anyone confirm on the "select shard" portion of how this works? What about people who are on dead servers. Your telling us we will only be able to attain players? Talk about a terrible move. This game will die
    While a tad dramatic, this is certainly true: The real problem here is the dead servers, NOT the overpopulated ones. There is a very select few servers dealing with ques, and let me tell you, I'd WAY rather be stuck in a que than stuck in an endless never-grouping loop.

To have us on the low pop servers stuck only with transfers (which will likely be done by people at random) hoping for the population to slowly trickle upward over a period of 6 months, is simply terrible. This solution would lose my sub and I'm sure many others.

Champion of Telara Leggomyeggolas's Avatar

If you've seen ANYTHING that says you won't be able to transfer off a dead server please link it to me. From what I've read they'll only be limiting the destination servers.

If you're on a dead server simply transfer to one of the limited number of destination servers. It shouldn't take long to fill them up with refugees.

can you go into detail about the "select shards" portion of the original post?
    I too would like further clarification.
    Pre-server merges BS statement:
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Given how quickly population seems to be growing overall, I think we'll see new servers before mergers.
    Post server merges BS Statement:
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    I think at this point I'm obliged to grant that functionally I was wrong about mergers.
    A quick snap of the neck keeps those corpses nice and dead like." ~ Ferry

Prophet of Telara

What do you mean “select shards”?

* We want the shard you select to provide the best experience possible. It is important that there remains a balance between Guardian and Defiant players and to that available shards do not become too over populated or unbalanced. For this reason you will only be able to move to specific shards we’ve selected to accept new transfers, please note the shards available for transfer may change over time.

there's your evidence, i may have came on strong, but if people cannot get off dying servers such as mine (spitescar), Trion will lose thousands of subs. There's 2 pve servers on mine, both do NOT queue for pvp like what so ever. So its basically a 2 server cluster. super fail

Shadowlander

Default Faction Change

For those that would like Trion to adopt a faction/race change or for those that absolutely dont want one head over to the suggestion forums. I have started a thread there just for this specific topic.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...cussion-Thread

Cheers

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #313

"select shards"

Is part of the details we're still working out...we want to ensure that we choose suitable destination shards where players can get the best experience possible.

What that means in terms of "Can I transfer from this shard to this shard?" is still in the works as we design, discuss, and revise our plans based on the data and feedback we have available.

It's also important to note that while one shard might be open for Guardians to transfer to, it may not have any room for Defiants. So what a "select shard" means can also depend on which faction you play.

Of course, we'll have more details and specifics once we get closer to the release of the feature and you'll see for yourself when it goes live with the release of 1.3 - thanks!
    Last edited by Elrar; 05-26-2011 at 03:34 PM.

"Best experience possible" can only mean free and open, unrestricted choice. Which I very much doubt will be available for free. I'm sure you guys will strive for the best solution possible, but offering xfers from one crap server to another crap server won't cut it. Not saying that's all you'll offer, but I doubt you'll offer free xfers to Faeblight Guardian side, which is the only destination I'd bother xfering to, personal view point ofcourse.

Champion of Telara Leggomyeggolas's Avatar

What do you mean “select shards”?

* We want the shard you select to provide the best experience possible. It is important that there remains a balance between Guardian and Defiant players and to that available shards do not become too over populated or unbalanced. For this reason you will only be able to move to specific shards we’ve selected to accept new transfers, please note the shards available for transfer may change over time.

there's your evidence, i may have came on strong, but if people cannot get off dying servers such as mine (spitescar), Trion will lose thousands of subs. There's 2 pve servers on mine, both do NOT queue for pvp like what so ever. So its basically a 2 server cluster. super fail
    You fail at reading. Where does it say they are going to limit the shards you can move from? Please, show me the quote...

Closed Thread
Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast