+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Unacceptable GM service.

Rift Chaser

Default Unacceptable GM service.

Honestly, they don't even read the tickets. I absolutely LOVE this game, so I don't want to post the details, but please have somebody actually read my ticket. # is 110521-002832. The ticket points me to the forums anyhow for "class support" even though my issue has absolutely nothing to do with classes.

I know a new MMO is a ton of work, so I won't offer my opinion on where Trion should allocate resources, but I will say the customer service I've received on the phone was extremely poor, and the GM service in game has been fairly poor. Forum support seems to be a strong point for whatever reason though.

If I remember correctly the CS is outsourced somewhere. I remember a CM saying that they weren't ready for the rush of players, and had to do this. One of the reasons GM support is so very lacking atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walsingham View Post
    Yes, if you need to know, Vespera hit me with a big pointy spiky thing. It was immensely painful.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Naronas View Post
    If I remember correctly the CS is outsourced somewhere. I remember a CM saying that they weren't ready for the rush of players, and had to do this. One of the reasons GM support is so very lacking atm.
    Which is bull, if I could apply for the job I would. With the job situation in the US ALONE they could have added customer support as quickly as they added new servers to compensate for launch rush.

Quote Originally Posted by Tileus View Post
    Which is bull, if I could apply for the job I would. With the job situation in the US ALONE they could have added customer support as quickly as they added new servers to compensate for launch rush.
    I agree, I would love to take a job doing CS for Rift, especially if it was from home. But a company probably seemed like a better idea at the time.
    Yes, if you need to know, Vespera hit me with a big pointy spiky thing. It was immensely painful.

i once put in a ticket because i won a piece of loot that someone else really wanted. as a kind gesture i advised this person that i would happily open a ticket to have the item taken from my inventory and given to him. i opened a ticket that included the exact name of the item, boss it dropped from, instance it dropped from, time it dropped, the members in my group and the member the item should be given to...

i received an email response, a week and a half later, with this

"Thank you for contacting us regarding RIFT.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused you. I do understand that this is quite frustrating. So we may assist you further, please include the following information:

- What boss/mob dropped the item?
    - What is the name of the item?
    - What is the name of the player the item was meant to go to?
    - When did this misloot occur?

If you are not the current owner of the item, please advise the player who currently has the item to submit a ticket."

I am still waiting for the item to be redirected to the proper person, a month later...

Quote Originally Posted by Danza View Post
    The ticket points me to the forums
    Well?

Why don't you try it so you can say you did it. What is the issue, sir!?

The forums await.
    [b]Shard: Endless░░░░░IGN: Partyrock░░░░░Mage░░░░░Currently: Chloro/Lock/Archmage

Quote Originally Posted by Partyrock View Post
    Well?

The forums await.
    A) Your post count is 666.

B) Posting that on these forum is useless, and asking to be trolled.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Partyrock View Post
    Well?

The forums await.
    Basically it's a crafting issue, and I was advised to visit the class mechanics forum. Crafting that has nothing to do with class, or class mechanics forums.

Rift Chaser

Default Unrelated to first ticket, but same level of customer service

This is now my second issue, unrelated to the first:

This was my question:

Why does the recipe to craft the Orichalcum Ritual Blade read that it requires weaponsmith of 270 to craft it, but after learning the recipe I now need a level of 290 to craft it?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    On May 22, 2011 18:06:52 [Customer Service] wrote:

Hello Danza! Thank you for contacting us regarding RIFT. I do apologize for the difficulties that you’ve encountered. I do understand how frustrating this can be and will take the steps needed to assist you with this. It appears you might be experiencing an issue with the Rift Client. You may be able to resolve this issue by using the command /reloadui ingame, however if the problem persists I would like you to please recover your client by following the below instructions. 1. Launch the Rift: client 2. Sign into your account and log in 3. Once signed into the launcher, please click the Recover icon on the bottom right corner of the launcher. 4. The launcher will ask you to begin file recovery, please click the yes button. 5. Allow the recovery process to go through 6. Attempt to relaunch your game If you have any additional questions or concerns then please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing Rift. Your reference number for this question is 110522-002672 Sincerely, Game Master Trion Worlds Inc.

Plane Touched

This was my question:

Why does the recipe to craft the Orichalcum Ritual Blade read that it requires weaponsmith of 270 to craft it, but after learning the recipe I now need a level of 290 to craft it?

On May 22, 2011 18:06:52 [Customer Service] wrote:

Hello Danza! Thank you for contacting us regarding RIFT. I do apologize for the difficulties that you’ve encountered. I do understand how frustrating this can be and will take the steps needed to assist you with this. It appears you might be experiencing an issue with the Rift Client. You may be able to resolve this issue by using the command /reloadui ingame, however if the problem persists I would like you to please recover your client by following the below instructions. 1. Launch the Rift: client 2. Sign into your account and log in 3. Once signed into the launcher, please click the Recover icon on the bottom right corner of the launcher. 4. The launcher will ask you to begin file recovery, please click the yes button. 5. Allow the recovery process to go through 6. Attempt to relaunch your game If you have any additional questions or concerns then please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing Rift. Your reference number for this question is 110522-002672 Sincerely, Game Master Trion Worlds Inc.
    Unfortunately that's not the kind of thing they can help with, even if you heard from someone all they'd say is report it as a bug or it was a known issue and being worked on. I realize that would be better than a macro'd answer but that's all there is.

Soulwalker

This was my question:

Really? You are wasting time with this? What did you expect CS to do? CS is there to assist with problems, that should be FEEDBACK to people who can do something about it. Did you expect them to instantly rewrite the code for the game to pelase you on the spot?

That is not something you open a CS ticket for. That is something you post on a forum for a dev to forward to a team who handles those issues.

Really that is not even a problem thats you asking a stupid question that you KNOW they cannot do anything about and you know you just want to start trouble with a CS rep.

I will say it for them because CS cannot speak this way to a customer, but a customer can say it to another customer.

Rift Chaser

My own experiance is rather good actually.

The only time I wasnt entirely happy with the answer was the answer that they cant do much at this time because a certain quest being bugged. I can live with that answer.

The other few times.. like a accidental persue of a unique equip item was resolved under 60 seconds,

Even the accidental loot issues in greenscale where resolved under a hour.
    So personally ive been rather pleased with their support.

Rift Chaser

I expect acknowledgement to some degree for something I've been bugging them about since head start. Customer service is customer service, I'm sure they have a macro'd response that says put it in the bug forum just the same as the "reload UI" stuff.

Customers want to be listened too, especially the ones that love the game and want to improve it. I'm not asking them to modify the game for an opinion, these are bugs/glitches/problems. It's not like I'm saying things about balance or game style.

I've received a macro'd response atleast 5 times that has had nothing to do with my issue. I only posted now because I'm getting fed up with it.

Telaran

I expect acknowledgement to some degree for something I've been bugging them about since head start. Customer service is customer service, I'm sure they have a macro'd response that says put it in the bug forum just the same as the "reload UI" stuff.

Customers want to be listened too, especially the ones that love the game and want to improve it. I'm not asking them to modify the game for an opinion, these are bugs/glitches/problems. It's not like I'm saying things about balance or game style.

I've received a macro'd response atleast 5 times that has had nothing to do with my issue. I only posted now because I'm getting fed up with it.
    Bugs/glitches, submit a bug report in game. Why waste gm time on something they can't do anything about?

Rift Master

wow the op of this thread is so full of fail. why go on n on n on about some silly bug? and you seem more upset about the cs you've receieved.... yet no one can seem to grasp why you mad at a automated reply, even you seem on level with understanding why they can't just snap a finger and magically change the coding so its reworded the way it should be, so forgive me when i ask....

WHY U MAD BRAH?
    Last edited by Tatersaladin; 05-22-2011 at 09:19 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast