+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 1.2 #6 spammers info

Default 1.2 #6 spammers info

* Low-level characters reported for spam are now aggressively filtered.
    As bot characters are automatically generated and if you don't immediately report them, you get "player not found", how is this anti-spam system meant to be used? You should aggressively filter all the low-level characters of the entire account!
    CPU: i7-2600k @ 4.5 Ghz | GPU: GeForce 560 GTX Ti | RAM: 8GB DDR3 @ 1600Mhz 7-9-7-24 | OS: Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Soulwalker

I'm more curious as how aggressive said filter is. Because I know that there are people who will spam report a person just for the lulz

I do many things for the lulz, but reporting a character for spamming isn't one of them.

I fail to see how that would even remotely invoke lulz.

Soulwalker

I was wondering about this last night. I was seeing much more spam than usual. Do they just ban the characters or are they banning the entire account? I can see some china sweat shop just sitting there creating new characters over and over again but creating a new account over and over again would get tedious. Probably doing away with the first month free thing on accounts would help also (but hurt real customers). If the sweat shop had to pay each time they create a new account, I don't see how they would ever make any money.

The worst part of the spam is the fact that the level 1-9 chat is completly useless. Too bad there isnt a way to allow only accounts with a good standing or something access the level 1-9 chat to give that channel back to the players instead of the bots.

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #6

This change *just* went live in the US a couple hours ago. It's been up in EU for a few hours now.

edit: Looking through the logs on a couple high pop servers, I think I just saw the first real conversation in the Level 1-9 channel that I've seen in weeks.
    Last edited by BrianMorin; 05-20-2011 at 10:18 AM.

Sez

Complaining that Trion is actively trying to turn the tide of spammers is counter-productive me thinks.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Thanks Brian for the information. In any case we'll see where this will lead in the next few days (I still think it's better to mute all the low-level characters of the same account as I usually see the same message being spammed once by several characters).

EDIT:
    @sez: it's not complaining, it's suggesting a stronger counter attack towards spammers.
    Last edited by elegos87; 05-20-2011 at 09:43 AM.
    CPU: i7-2600k @ 4.5 Ghz | GPU: GeForce 560 GTX Ti | RAM: 8GB DDR3 @ 1600Mhz 7-9-7-24 | OS: Windows 7 Pro 64bit

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #9

Quote Originally Posted by elegos87 View Post
    I still think it's better to mute all the low-level characters of the same account as I usually see the same message being spammed once by several characters
    Without going into a bunch of details, the new counter-measures are account based.

Soulwalker

I don't think most people will report spam just for lulz. Now, I have accidentally reported someone that typed right after a spammer, but nothing I could do after that.

As for the new patch, I have not read the notes yet, but will do after this!

Thanks for trying Trion, keep up the good work!

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianMorin View Post
    edit: Looking through the logs on a couple high pop servers, I think I just saw the first real conversation I've seen in 1-9 in weeks.
    OH NOES.

Wait queue for Port Scion will be horribly boring now
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

Quote Originally Posted by BrianMorin View Post
    Without going into a bunch of details, the new counter-measures are account based.
    Now we find out if doing it this way will be keep it down. I think it will but these people will never quit trying.
    Tadia High Elf Mage
    Elementalist/Pyromancer/Archon
    Butchering/Foraging/Outfitter
    Wolfsbane US

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #13

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos5061 View Post
    These people will never quit trying.
    Quoted for truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos5061 View Post
    I think it will but these people will never quit trying.
    This, related to Trion too though (<-- don't ask me why I added this lol)
    Last edited by elegos87; 05-20-2011 at 10:38 AM.

Rift Chaser

Only place aside from new character area that I see spammers is in Sanctum.

I don't get it. Do they play through all of newbie land and then run all the way to Sanctum just to spam once before being blocked and then have to do it all over again?

What a life

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast