View Poll Results: Which RIFT Warfront is Your Favorite?

Voters
1195. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Black Garden

317 26.53%
  • The Codex

400 33.47%
  • Whitefall Steppes

104 8.70%
  • The Battle for Port Scion

374 31.30%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Which RIFT Warfront is your Favorite?

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Which RIFT Warfront is your Favorite?

It's poll time again, and this time we'd like to know which RIFT warfront is your favorite. Whether you're a hardcore PvPer or only do warfronts occasionally, we want to hear what you have to say.

Don't forget to leave a post letting us know why you voted the way you did.

Black Garden because its fast. Port Scion would be second, lots of action with all those people but can be a real mess with a disorganized group. Whitefall is least favorite.
    Ashnon - 60 Rogue

I like port scion, lots of things going on and I just wish there was a much bigger zone RVR, where we could control towns and things =/
    Onolawk - 60 Guardian Mage
    Former Maximation Raider

Port Scion - great choice for end game PVP. It requires teamwork and strategy rather than just bull rushing. Matches can last a while which gives more opportnuity for favor and prestige. It also has the closest feel to an open world type environment which I wish we had in the form of a total zone for PVP closed off from PVE ala the old DAOC ruleset.

Also whitefall would be least favorite. It is a big area with a spread out objective and you spend more time running a shard than actually fighting so the favor and prestige chances are lower than the other 3 warfronts.
    Whitefall could be improved maybe by letting in more people and adding control points that you have to hold in order to get the shard, maybe take a control point to drop a gate, for example. This would give alot more smaller skirmish opportunities throughout the duration of the event due to having people taking and holding points and others defending and others going for the shard.
    Last edited by Staggerlee; 05-19-2011 at 09:11 AM.
    Violalee/Staggerlee/RamblinRose
    Jaded Legacy Guild Rank 20 4/4 DH, 4/4 GP 5/5 GSB 4/4 ROS (conq.) 4/4 ROTP 10/11 HK 2/4 PF
    Shatterbone Guardians

Black Garden because it's quick and usually over in less than five minutes. The other ones just take too dang long. Nothing more frustrating than losing Whitefall Steppes and having to wait out the whole twenty minutes.

Haven't got high enough level yet to get past Codex but I really enjoy Black Garden. For me it's just the whole experience of it that makes it enjoyable. If I could turn off xp I would just twink at level 19 just doing Black Garden.
    Tadia High Elf Mage
    Elementalist/Pyromancer/Archon
    Butchering/Foraging/Outfitter
    Wolfsbane US

codex ftw

10c
    omg --- Give me my /Flee emote >_< --- warden is best

Go Heal Yourself

Rift Disciple

Black Garden
    At high level, it's either "they roll us" or "we roll them" and a lot of that is based on how many warriors/clerics you have. There's rarely the middle ground of a good fight, which makes it unsatisfying for me.

Codex
    Very free-form, roles for both groups and solo players. You can win the match even if you can't win a stand-up fight by being sneaky. The location/power of the red orbs turns them into mini-objectives. I always have fun on this map.

Whitefall Steppes
    If they have a runner-spec rogue and you don't, you lose.
    If you have a runner-spec rogue and they don't, you win.
    Otherwise, if the power levels aren't hugely different on the teams, fun map.

Battle For Port Scion
    Despite all of the cool things that are available to do, the vast majority of BfPS matches come down to controlling the area between Church and Bridge while holding Bridge, and that leads to the problem with Black Garden: usually one team gets completely stomped. If the southern options were more attractive I think BfPS would be a lot more fun.

Codex is the only one where the less-powerful side still has a solid chance to win the game. It also doesn't have a group makeup requirement (e.g. must have warriors/clerics or must have runner-spec rogue). It also has the additional strategy that comes with the red orbs. By far my favorite map.
    Last edited by Xyrd; 05-19-2011 at 10:01 AM.

Soulwalker

Cool Battle for Port Scion

I would have to say the Battle for Port Scion. Simply put, it is the closest thing to an old DAoC RvR map (level 25-29 I think).

There is the bridge, which always has a ton of action.

There are the objectives that you can complete (although I would prefer a way to bash down the door to the church to be able to get in there and then a NPC that you would need to kill to gain control).

The winner tends to be the side that is more coordinated than the other.

Overall, its my favorite.

Second would be Black Garden. Its very fast paced and can get a little crazy.

Third would be Codex. I have always enjoyed control point objectives.

Last would be Whitefall Stepps. Never really like capture the flag.

I can only hope that the opening of this thread means that the Devs are looking into a way to add new PvP maps.

Rift Disciple

Favorite is Codex since it's the hardest to get completely locked out by the other side, though it still does happen frequently. The rest... one team almost always wtfpwns the other in the first few minutes and it's just a matter of waiting out the clock, not too fun. Black Garden would be 2nd because win or lose its over fastest, great place for favor and prestige.

Codex because there tend to be fewer blowouts and you always feel like you've got a chance to win. Even though I play a Warrior, I like how a few well-placed rogues can make or break a game. Also, I like how completing an objective doesn't require spending long amounts of time with a bullseye on your back (ala flag carrying, fang carrying, sourcestone carrying).

ps: 4 of you are insane.
    Last edited by -Swag-; 05-19-2011 at 10:55 AM.
    Noco@Wolfsbane

Shadowlander

Definitely Port Scion though, like some above I'd kill for a bigger, broader warfront along the same lines *cough*vanillaAVinthatothergame*cough* But ultimately, even despite the fairly simple strategy, it can ebb and flow and keep me on my toes.

Secondly, Codex. Again down to the size and open playing field.

Plane Touched

BFPS is the best IMO, it offers multiple ways to score points. HOWEVER, ALL warfronts have the same problem and that it serves no reward for people to actively achieve the goals to win. In turn this makes people just midlessly fight doing nothing productive. Give people like me who score shards and flags a reason to do that instead of zombie fighting the whole match.

Some reward examples are:

Picking up a flag
    Scoring a flag
    Killing a FC
    Taking a node
    Retake a node before it flips
    etc etc etc

Shadowlander

Black Garden
    I voted for this one, because it's short and has lots of action. This WF seems pretty balanced to me.

Codex
    I like this one a lot too. There are a lot of different strategies that can be used, and the game can also turn around very quickly.

Whitefall Steppes
    Probably my least favorite. I think the Flags are too far apart for this one, and most of my time seems to be spent riding around. I like some of the suggestions mentioned earlier, such as adding more control points or players.

Battle for Port Scion
    I like this one too, but I think it lasts a little too long. You can normally tell who is going to win or lose within the first few minutes of the game, and it drags on for a long time, with little hope of a comeback. I think if it went to less points, such as 750 or even 500, it would be a little better. If not then, then maybe the point values for SS captures, kills, quests, etc could be raised a bit.

Where is the 'Anything but Whitefall Steppes' option?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast