+ Reply to Thread

Thread: You currently do not have a pet.

Default You currently do not have a pet.

Is there any way to prevent this from appearing in chat? I have a pet attack in most of my macros fr ranger but if my pet ever dies all my chat window gets spammed with this message telling me I don't have a pet out. It's really annoying.

/suppressmacrofailures

Put that as the first command in your macros and you shouldn't see that or "Cannot use more than one ability per macro" messages.

Add suppressmacrofailures at the top of your macros, i put mine right under the #show line
    Strider
    Voted Best Bard on Sunrest 2011*
    *by myself

Rift Disciple

Just to clarify, use the command without the /

If you put in the slash, it will just delete it when you click save.

#show AbilityName
    suppressmacrofailures
    petattack
    cast AbilityName

suppressmacrofailures doesn't work to get rid of "you do not currently have an active pet" spam.

For some reason, Trion didn't include the "no active pet" spam as a macro failure, so if your pet dies and you spam the macro, your chat log will fill up with the pet spam.

Really annoying, and I hope Trion just filters it out with suppressmacrofailures in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by budxors View Post
    suppressmacrofailures doesn't work to get rid of "you do not currently have an active pet" spam.

For some reason, Trion didn't include the "no active pet" spam as a macro failure, so if your pet dies and you spam the macro, your chat log will fill up with the pet spam.

Really annoying, and I hope Trion just filters it out with suppressmacrofailures in the future.
    Yea suppressmacrofailures doesnt fix this because it's not an error message on your screen, it's in the chat. Basically it spams your chat with this message.

Ever thought about not using macros with pet attacks when you don't have a pet?

I mean, seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

Soulwalker

What's even more annoying is when you summon a new pet, and somehow the game doesn't think your pet abilities on the new one have the same name. That way you get three lines of spam (for the raptor) for every macro use.

Quote Originally Posted by Anuhart View Post

I mean, seriously?
    Seriously? pets die, when that happens I'm not just gonna stop using my main dps macro, and some of the abilities in my main macro arent on my hotbar because I dont have space.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlySmurf View Post
    Seriously? pets die, when that happens I'm not just gonna stop using my main dps macro, and some of the abilities in my main macro arent on my hotbar because I dont have space.
    i hardly ever lose my pet, and it sucks because i am really wanting the bacon.
    Minsc and Boo
    All time favorite RPG characters.

Rift Chaser

This is just one of the many reasons im loving ranged sab more than ranger now. Annoying as hell to have that message spamming your chat box.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Those americans...Everytime there is a blackout, they all start luting.

Quote Originally Posted by Anuhart View Post

I mean, seriously?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliyen View Post
    What's even more annoying is when you summon a new pet, and somehow the game doesn't think your pet abilities on the new one have the same name. That way you get three lines of spam (for the raptor) for every macro use.
    My pets for my now level 18 rogue (razorbeast for tanking & questing, and if I don't want it to keep aggro off me then the dire wolf for dungeons and pvp) often can't figure out the best path when I tell them to attack, and sometimes just go "huh? uh, no" when I tell them to attack or they go a round about way and draw several mobs.

I prefer to actively control the pet. I usually start an attack when using a pet (out of stealth) by throwing a quick HoT on it and then telling it to attack, and I use just 2 macros combining ranged and melee. I often am using the pet to keep a mob off me while I slice & dice another one, so my play style doesn't lend itself well to pet commands in macros.
    Last edited by Taptap; 05-22-2011 at 12:59 PM.
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

I have to feed the pet i currently don't have, BRB
    Minsc and Boo
    All time favorite RPG characters.

Shadowlander

I found a solution to this problem. Create a new chat tab, right click it then go in settings. Check all the box you want to see, like whispers, level 50 chat, loot etc..
    For some reason the no pet errors only appear in your default chat tab and not the ones you create.

Now for the guy saying his pet never dies.. and the guy saying to not use the macro when pet dies.. you guys are failures and obviously dont raid ;)
    I never smile if I can help it. Showing one's teeth is a submission signal in primates. When someone smiles at me, all I see is a chimpanzee begging for its life.

+ Reply to Thread