+ Reply to Thread

Thread: EU/NA servers & buying the game

Question EU/NA servers & buying the game

So while search is my friend, I have found no solid answer concerning where you buy the game and what servers you can play on. All I see is "apparently a dev said.." and "I think so and so...". Before I shell out 70€ I want to be sure you see.

So: If I pre-order the game in the EU, can I play on NA servers at launch? Can I then roll an alt on a EU server at will?

I don't want to go through the hoops of having a NA account and a EU account and being IP blocked here and there. I am really hoping so!

Thank you!

Unless this game epicly fails like Warhammer it will have split service for EU and NA . You're best way to find out your answers is to look for the EU publisher they are partnered with.

Quote Originally Posted by Veleno View Post
    Unless this game epicly fails like Warhammer it will have split service for EU and NA . You're best way to find out your answers is to look for the EU publisher they are partnered with.
    So I checked out Ubisoft and the only page they had even showing Rift was the German page. I saw no mention of anything about servers.

I only ask because I saw in other threads playing on other servers was possible, but I want clarification.

Will check the next few days as things will update (ie. not on Steam yet either). Good idea, thanks!
    Last edited by Blamo; 01-04-2011 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blamo View Post
    So while search is my friend, I have found no solid answer concerning where you buy the game and what servers you can play on. All I see is "apparently a dev said.." and "I think so and so...". Before I shell out 70€ I want to be sure you see.

So: If I pre-order the game in the EU, can I play on NA servers at launch? Can I then roll an alt on a EU server at will?

I don't want to go through the hoops of having a NA account and a EU account and being IP blocked here and there. I am really hoping so!

Thank you!
    RIFT will be released in Europe by Ubisoft:
    TRION WORLDS SIGNS DISTRIBUTION DEAL WITH UBISOFT®
    Ubisoft to Distribute RIFT™ Throughout Continental Europe

Redwood Shores, Calif. – December 1, 2010 – Trion Worlds, a global developer and publisher of premium online games, announced today it has signed a multi-year agreement with Ubisoft for retail distribution of RIFT™ in, France, Benelux, Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Nordics. The highly-anticipated MMORPG RIFT is scheduled to launch worldwide in early 2011.

“To join forces with an industry leader such as Ubisoft on our first title further demonstrates the potential RIFT has to be a game-changer in the online gaming space,” said Lars Buttler, CEO, Trion Worlds. “We are thrilled to be working with Ubisoft, one of world’s leading publishers, as we reaffirm our commitment to deliver quality products to gamers around the world.”

Contact
    Chris Schmidt
    Trion Worlds
    cschmidt@trionworlds.com
    http://www.trionworlds.com/en/news/p...12/ubisoft.php

Shadowlander

This doesn't answer the question however.
    It only explains that there will be european servers.
    Games like EQ2, DAoC, Warhammer all lets their customers choose if they want to play
    on euro- or US servers , while others like WoW locks their customers in their region even refusing
    creditcards or payments for those who don't want to play in their region because they have half of their
    guild living in the US and they themselves live in the EU or vice versa.

Troxa - Knights of the WhiteWolf
    http://koww.net

It's always been stated by Trion that NA & EU will have different servers however users can switch between the two at any time.

Trion didn't want to force people into not playing with their friends across the globe should they so chose, I believe it was also Hartsman that said you should get fairly good latency connecting to EU from NA and viceversa.

So to actually answer your question - yes you can play wherever you like after purchasing the game.

See the link for the interview with David Reid about this.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2010/12...ns-about-rift/

In short: No IP/account -block and can play on any server.
    Last edited by GhundiPI; 01-04-2011 at 01:49 PM.

You gotta LUVE Trion

This is fantastic news, I would hand out many cookies if I could!

Also, these responses alone prove to me that the community if far better than anything I've seen in a long time.

Thanks guys!

Click on the RIFT Beta Patcher.
    Click Region.
    Switch between Europe and North America.

Honestly, this assures a yes for you, brogelevski.
    Bounty - Nightblade/Assassin/Riftstalker - Deepwood

They have said you can play on any server, just like you can swap from EU to US and US to EU in the beta.

The headstart is 24th Feb. If you don't have a preorder you won't get in 24 march, but 1th in US and 4th in EU (That is when they send the keys). But if an EU person buy the digital verision at Trion they should be able to play the 1th march even if you are from EU, only the EU stores will send out keys and boxes the 4th.

I think it is like that, but i could be wrong.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=92262&dateline=134088  9999

+ Reply to Thread