As promised in last week’s podcast, I am starting this thread for people who want to participate in the Rift beta.
There will be many ways to get your hands on a beta pass. You will hear about a lot of that as things move forward. They will be given away as prizes and incentives through several avenues. So stay tuned to the newsletter, our Facebook page and the forums to keep up to date on that.
As we need more people for testing, we will pull people from different pools to meet our needs. One of those pools will be forum members. Here is how that will work.
We will look at several things when we choose testers from the forum.
• Your experience as an MMO gamer
• Your experience as a tester
• Why you want to be a Rift Beta tester
If you are interested in being selected as a Beta tester, please make a post in this thread telling us about these things. You should be honest, as we’ll be looking for people with lots of different backgrounds.
We will also be looking at
• Your contribution to the community (post count, post content, reputation, etc.)
• Your ability to express your views (both positive and negative) in a productive way
You also need to be over 18 and your computer must meet or exceed these requirements:**
• Windows XP / Vista / W7 (with latest service packs installed)
• 2GB System RAM or more
• Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core processor E2180 (2.0GHz) or faster
• 512 MB video card with Direct3D and Shader 2.0b (512MB NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT or better) - NOTE: most 512 MB video cards meet this requirement.
• 10 GB of free hard drive space
• DirectX 9.0c (installed during setup if needed)
• DirectX 8.1 Compliant Sound Card - NOTE: Every sound card made since release of Windows XP meets this requirement
• Keyboard, mouse, speakers (optional)
• Broadband Internet Connection (Internet Connection using DSL, Cable Modem or other high-speed connection)
We will be watching this thread and choosing people from here as well as from the other pools that have been mentioned. So get yourself into as many pools as you can and hopefully one of them will get you into beta!
And one last thing. Please keep in mind that beta is for testing. It’s to make sure things are working correctly with larger and larger numbers of people. Sadly, that means not everyone will get into the program. Just be assured we are doing all we can to make sure we have a group who meets the needs of the Dev team.
This thread will be monitored and posts that are anything other than what was instructed will be deleted. This is not a thread for discussions. Please start or visit another thread for anything other than your submission to get into this beta pool. Thanks for your understanding and helping us keep this thread organized and easy to manage.
I’m looking forward to reading your posts and seeing many of you in beta!
**Please note: These are the minimum specs for this stage of beta only! Final specs for the release of the game are still being determined.