Closed Thread
Page 1 of 216 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Official Beta Selection Thread

Exclamation The Official Beta Selection Thread

Hello, All-

As promised in last week’s podcast, I am starting this thread for people who want to participate in the Rift beta.

There will be many ways to get your hands on a beta pass. You will hear about a lot of that as things move forward. They will be given away as prizes and incentives through several avenues. So stay tuned to the newsletter, our Facebook page and the forums to keep up to date on that.

As we need more people for testing, we will pull people from different pools to meet our needs. One of those pools will be forum members. Here is how that will work.

We will look at several things when we choose testers from the forum.

• Your experience as an MMO gamer
    • Your experience as a tester
    • Why you want to be a Rift Beta tester

If you are interested in being selected as a Beta tester, please make a post in this thread telling us about these things. You should be honest, as we’ll be looking for people with lots of different backgrounds.

We will also be looking at

• Your contribution to the community (post count, post content, reputation, etc.)
    • Your ability to express your views (both positive and negative) in a productive way

You also need to be over 18 and your computer must meet or exceed these requirements:**

• Windows XP / Vista / W7 (with latest service packs installed)
    • 2GB System RAM or more
    • Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core processor E2180 (2.0GHz) or faster
    • 512 MB video card with Direct3D and Shader 2.0b (512MB NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT or better) - NOTE: most 512 MB video cards meet this requirement.
    • 10 GB of free hard drive space
    • DirectX 9.0c (installed during setup if needed)
    • DirectX 8.1 Compliant Sound Card - NOTE: Every sound card made since release of Windows XP meets this requirement
    • Keyboard, mouse, speakers (optional)
    • Broadband Internet Connection (Internet Connection using DSL, Cable Modem or other high-speed connection)

We will be watching this thread and choosing people from here as well as from the other pools that have been mentioned. So get yourself into as many pools as you can and hopefully one of them will get you into beta!

And one last thing. Please keep in mind that beta is for testing. It’s to make sure things are working correctly with larger and larger numbers of people. Sadly, that means not everyone will get into the program. Just be assured we are doing all we can to make sure we have a group who meets the needs of the Dev team.

This thread will be monitored and posts that are anything other than what was instructed will be deleted. This is not a thread for discussions. Please start or visit another thread for anything other than your submission to get into this beta pool. Thanks for your understanding and helping us keep this thread organized and easy to manage.

I’m looking forward to reading your posts and seeing many of you in beta!

**Please note: These are the minimum specs for this stage of beta only! Final specs for the release of the game are still being determined.

I'm surprised to see this isn't already flooded with responses. I would think that it's safe to say we all want into Beta for many different reasons.

As for me, I am a somewhat experienced MMO player though nowhere near what everyone else is. My first MMO was Final Fantasy XI, after realizing that was not quite for me I picked up WoW for the first time. I played WoW from just after Burning Crusade came out to about 6 months after Wrath of the Lich King came out. I then played nothing for a while and picked up Aion. >< Aion had great potential but in my opinion NCsoft bungled it up pretty bad. I am now currently playing WoW while waiting for Rift to come out.

The only experience I have as a tester is a few stints on the WoW PTR, and being in 3 closed betas for Aion. Even though I have very little actual testing background I do understand that Beta is not just "oh I get to play it now!". beta is necessary to find any bugs/glitches/etc that might still remain hidden.

I want to be a Rift beta tester because I want to see the game ( I won't lie) but I also want to be there to help find any issues that might make it past the alpha stages. I want Rift to succeed, I want it to have the smoothest possible launch that it can so that we can share this great game with our friends and family. Rift is going to need all the positive press and reviews that it can get. If I get selected you rest assured that I will diligently report every single issue I can find and feedback on what I feel may need some adjustment. I'm so happy to find a game company that for once actually values the opinions and feedback of it playerbase.

At any rate that's enough rambling, hope you see you guys in beta =)

System Specs:
    Operating System
    MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
    CPU
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 @ 2.33GHz 40 °C
    Yorkfield 45nm Technology
    RAM
    4.0GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 399MHz 5-5-5-15
    Motherboard
    ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5KPL-CM (Socket 775)
    Graphics
    Acer AL1716 @ 1280x1024
    1024MB GeForce GTS 250 (EVGA) 61 °C
    Hard Drives
    156.29GB FUJITSU MAXTOR STM3160815AS ATA Device (IDE) 34 °C
    117.19GB Western Digital WDC WD1200JB-75CRA0 ATA Device (IDE)
    78.15GB Western Digital WDC WD800BB-00JHC0 ATA Device (IDE) 30 °C
    Optical Drives
    TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223B ATA Device
    Audio
    VIA High Definition Audio
    Last edited by Elethor; 08-09-2010 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Forgot to post my system specs ><

Sig by Zacro! Get one! Zacro's Request Thread

Default Beta

Your experience as an MMO gamer
    MMO's played:
    • EQ2
    • DAOC
    • Lineage II
    • WoW
    • Vanguard
    • LoTRO
    • AoC
    • WAR

Your experience as a tester

I have been in Beta for the following:
    • EQ2
    • Vanguard
    • WAR
    Why you want to be a Rift Beta tester:
    I believe in the communication aspect of the design. I work for a company that needs specific needs, if we cannot tell our vendors what we need specifically then we are left with a product that will not be used or as efficient. I believe this is how beta's should go as well. I also believe the feedback should be both ways, if the testers are just a stress tester and the opinion is not valued, then choose another as I can wait until final product.

However I take ownership in my work, and that is how I approach all Beta's as I feel it starts with communications, not just in game Beta surveys.

• Windows7 (64bit)
    • 4096 RAM
    • Intel® Core 2 Quad Q9400 @ 2.66Ghz
    • Dual 9800GT @ 2286MB

Thank you for your time and good luck to all those attempting to join Beta.

OK I'll give it a shot.

MMO Experience:
    Listing ones I played for a year or more:
    Ultima Online 2 years, Anarchy Online 1 year, Star Wars Galaxies 1 year, EVE 2 years on and off, World of Warcraft 5 years.

Testing Experience
    Many non MMO games, MMOs tested are:
    World of Warcraft, LotRO, Age of Conan, Tabula Rasa.

Reasons for Testing
    I won't lie my primary reasons are I want to play early, get a feel for the game and how it plays and see what class combination I want to play at launch. I also want to help shape the world of Telara in any small way I can to be a better game for everyone at launch, and am prepared to do whatever is required of me to reach that goal. Right now I have plenty of time to test the game, I'm no stranger to beta and the bug report submitting, character wipes, crashes, glitches and irregularities that come with it. I am 31 years old.

System Specs
    Windows 7 64bit
    Intel Core I5 @ 3.8GHz
    Ati Radeon 5850 1GB
    4GB DDR3 Ram
    40mbit Broadband
    Last edited by Skorne; 08-09-2010 at 05:19 PM.

I meet and exceed computer requirements. I'm over 18.

I posted about my mmo age in the mmo age thread. To briefly recap: I've played SWG, LoTR, D&D Online, Anarchy Online, Eve Online, City of Villains, City of Heroes, Champions, Star Trek Online, Aion, Age of Conan, and Vanguard.

I beta tested LoTR, Champions, Star Trek Online, Aion, Age of Conan, and Vanguard.

I'd like to help beta test Rift because I am going to be invested in this game and it's future, since my plan is to move my guild here from Vanguard. I'm very impressed with what I see coming from Trion, and would like to be a part of the success of its endeavors. I have a schedule that allows me to make time to beta test a game. I believe that the launch of a game is a very crucial time, and that energized and literate beta-testers can greatly enhance the fluidity of launch. Also, I want to hunt down and kill Simon.

I'm available to fill out standard bug and glitch forms, as well as to provide more free-form input.
    Last edited by Suga; 08-09-2010 at 05:29 PM.

Your experience as an MMO gamer

MUDs, UO, EQ/EQ2, AC/AC2, WoW, Vanguard, CoH/CoV, CO, LoTRO, WAR, SWG

Your experience as a tester

Worked professionally in QA for EA, Alpha'd/Beta'd pretty much most of the MMOs out there, so I understand the testing processes and requirements at all stages of the game's development.

Why you want to be a Rift Beta tester

I'm still looking for the MMO to capture the feeling of the early MUD/MOG days, and Telara is the first in a long while that seems to be doing something different. I love the art direction and style of the game. I enjoy the fact that most of the community that's developing so far seem to be older, more mature, and put forth a considerable amount of intelligent and interesting discussion - this bodes well for the development of the game. I'm not afraid to put forth constructive criticism to the developers on issues I disagree with. I believe I have many good ideas and more than enough experience to help shape this into a fantastic and fun time for everyone.

System Specs

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2
    Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) 8450 Triple-Core Processor (3 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
    Memory: 4GB RAM DDR3
    Video Card: ATI Sapphire Radeon 4870 1GB
    DirectX Version: DirectX 10
    DSL 5Mbps
    LG SATA Lightscribe DVD-Writer 24xDVD+R/-R

Thanking you in advance for your consideration, Abbey and Trion. Best of luck to everyone.

Cheers
    Cutter

P.S. You may want to sticky this thread, Abbey.
    Last edited by Cutter; 08-09-2010 at 05:04 PM.
    "Midget soothsayer robs bank. Small medium at large!"

Well I have tested a number of games in the past and one presently which I cannot mention the name of. I believe that as a beta tester we are working to help facilitate a game release that is fun and challenging for every type of player. I normally try to concentrate on game mechanics while keeping my eye out for smaller things that might be missed like incorrect spelling or phrasing, misplaced NPCs, or any other issues I see in my in-game travels.

I am reliable and dedicate myself to the process by logging in regularly. I am a business owner (PC build/repairs) and therefore have a lot of time at my disposal at different hours of the day and night in which I can use for beta testing as well as other computers with varying platforms from my main gaming rig if that becomes necessary. As a 43 year old woman I have been gaming a very long time (Since the original Bard's Tale and Diablo etc See THIS POST #282 for more information) and bring perhaps a different approach and outlook to the testing phase. I am generally what you would term a "hardcore raider" but I equally enjoy the crafting experience and all aspects of the games I play. I would say I am a "hardcore raider" only in as much as I am available every night for those activities which I say I will attend and fully apply myself to the task at hand. This goes for Beta testing and everyday life too. :P

Rift is the first game in a VERY long time that I am fully and completely excited about. The land appears graphically rich with substance and lore. The game mechanics look to be interesting and revolutionary in many ways, I would really like to be able to say to myself that I was able to help bring a fully fleshed non-buggy game play experience to Rift`s eventual player base.

As for forum contribution I do not post in every thread. Just those which I feel I have something to perhaps add to the ongoing conversation. I do however read every thread that appears to have substance so that I can keep up with what people's thoughts are about Rift. I usually also post help for people with computer issues or questions on build since I am in the business. I see Fozzik posting here as well as many other names I recognise particularly from the old Vanguard forums and EQ/EQ2 communities. I have to say it really feels like "coming home" to see so many familiar names. I recognize you Cindy from when I used to post on Silky Venom and it is great to again see you involved with this community now.The developer list on Rift is one to be very proud of also. It makes me so thrilled to see the people involved with the game that have great reputation for their work in the gaming industry. If anyone can bring a great game to the table it will be Trion in my opinion.

Some games I have beta'd I really am not sure the NDA on them have lifted (even though they are retail at the moment) so I will not post those names as well as the one I am Beta testing currently since I most definitely cannot disclose the name of but I am sure you understand that. I do not sign up for every beta test possible only the ones that interest me and get me excited. As a beta tester I always test with the thought that this is a game I will subscribe to and play for a very long time. It worked when it came to EQ, EQ2 and Aion but the rest I did not end up subbing to. I will look into the games I am not sure about the NDA being lifted off Beta testers and return to add to this thread the names of any I find that have officially released me from NDA.

Games I have Beta Tested:
    EQ PoP and LDoN
    EQ2 and all expansions up to Sentinels Fate
    WoW (Original game no expansions as I subbed to EQ2 instead)
    A Tale in the Desert
    Vanguard
    Neverwinter Nights 2 ( I STILL get Birthday emails from Atari!! hehe)
    Dungeon Siege 2
    D.D.O.
    WAR
    AoC ( I must admit I didn't test that for long)
    Aion (I was in closed beta and I just last night finally canceled subscription to it)
    And atm I am in a Beta but only for a short time longer and it is not a game I will be subbing to sadly. (NDA lifted: FFXIV)

My Specs on my main gaming machine are:

I7 930 oc'd to 3.8 (so far)
    Hyper 212 (Scythes in push/pull)
    Gigabyte X58A-UD5 rev 1
    12GB DDR3 G-Skill pi
    2x 1TB WD Caviar Black in raid0 (SSD in raid for boot drive coming next month or so since I am waiting for a particular release of an SSD)
    Nvidia GTX 480 (I have a second 480 for SLI but it is sitting in it's box right now due to the game I am testing atm not playing nice with this card in sli)
    Nvidia GT 220 (runs 3rd monitor for productivity)
    Auzentech X-plosion sound
    Silverstone Olympia 1000-E 1000w psu in modified HAF 932
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64
    2x Sony Optiarc (1xLightscribe, Both NEC chip)
    3x Samsung Syncmaster 23.5" 1080p HDMI TV/Monitors

Thank you for reading this post and considering me for this opportunity.
    Last edited by Miztress; 10-02-2010 at 04:45 AM.

MMO Exp.
    Everquest 2001-2007 i played fairly hardcore http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/ch...d=438086665303 is my eq players profile, as you can see i put in way to many hours.
    VG until 2007-2009 until the patch of death.
    I have tried WoW (not a fan of it) a little Aion and Everquest 2. They didnt really do it for me.

Testing
    I took part in many Everquest expansion pack beta's. I also tested World of Warcraft for a few months.

I would like to be a tester, for the same reasons anyone else does. Help the dev's get the game running as smoothly as possible and to play the game. That is pretty much it. I think that is all the reasons.

I have been around the mmo scene for a long time. Im no stranger to the whole genre.

I want to be a Beta tester b/c I'm obsessed with Rift But more seriously b/c I am looking for a new MMO to call home. Rift looks like the most promising game coming out within the next 2 years and I would love a chance to share my input and to help make the game bug free so it can have a good launch. I enjoy both PVE and PVE but definitely lean towards the PVP side and i will kill as many DEVS as it takes to properly test this system out I'm also a student again recently so i will have lots of time to test

My experience in MMOs is not as great as many in this forum. I started with WoW about 5 years ago. My roommate in Banff, AB at the time got me into it and Ive been completely obsessed with MMOs ever since. I quit WoW b/c I didn't like the direction the expansions took the game in. Since WoW Ive also tried Warhammer, Age of Conan, and Aion. None of these could really hook me though and I'm still looking for a new home.

My experience as a tester is also probably not as great as others in this forum. Ive really only Beta tested two games. Empire Earth and X-Universe series. Empire Earth is an RTS game made after the Age of Empires series by some of the same developers (I was heavily into RTS before MMOs), and the X-Universe is a open ended space simulation game made by Egosoft. Its one of the best space sim games ever in my opinion.

My system specs are:

Intel Q6660 Quad core 2.4Ghz
    Buffalo 4GBs 1066Mhz DDR2 Ram
    ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB
    Asus Xonar DX Soundcard
    Windows 7 64Bit Professional
    So much to do, so little time. We must get to work! Zathras! Zathras! Grrr, never around when he is needed!

Wooo! Have been looking forward to this all weekend! Thanks Abigale!

--BETA EXPERIENCE--

Aion - [Was in Closed Betas 1 through 5. Had a vent running for a lot of people to come in and chat about everything beta. It was fun but unfortunately Aion didn't last me that long after release for me.]

Tera - [ Was recently in the closed beta for this game not too long ago. It was a pretty good game. I took a lot of surveys and gave opinions in threads all over the forum.]

NFS - ( Need For Speed World Beta) - This isn't an RPG but is an MMO [ Played this game a lot during beta, saw how everything worked etc...]

I have tested many more but they were free to play and I don't really feel they are worth mentioning.

-- MMO EXPERIENCE --

Have been playing MMO's for the past 6 years and from day one I've gotten more interested in them and play them more and more. Started off playing a few free ones then moved on to World of Warcraft for under a year, then moved on to Guild Wars and that wasn't really my style. I wasn't that into PVP at the time but have grown to LOVE it, however I still love PVE.After that I tried a few more free ones because the P2P ones at the time were lacking something for me. Then I saw Aion and gave that a shot in all the betas and pre-ordered the collectors edition. That lasted me unfortunately a few months because lack of content and how grindy it was. After Aion I pretty much gave up searching for the one for me and then I heard about Tera online. Tera isn't out yet but there was a beta so I applied and was active in the community so was thankfully invited. After the beta for Tera I had to find something to do so I started playing Runes of Magic and joined a guild where a guild mate told me about RIFT!!!! and I was shocked. The first time I came to the site my jaw dropped. Watched a few videos and from there I was sold on the brilliant ideas. So now I am patiently waiting for the RIFT beta, and release. Until then I will just play some FPS games because I can't play Runes of Magic after seeing Rift.

-----Why I would like to join the RIFT beta-----

I would love to join the RIFT beta for a lot of reasons including the most obvious, helping with feedback to make the game better for everyone. Im not gonna lie yes I wanna play sooo bad, but work before play! I am a very opinionated person and love to give my ideas and constructive criticism. I have played many MMO's and this one is by far the best one I've seen to date. Unfortunately I am unemployed right now, but that leaves a lot of time for me to test the game and really get to know about it and provide whatever is necessary. I know I just recently joined the forum and found out about the game but I have had experience testing and would love the chance to get to know the game and provide feedback and ideas for TRION/RIFT. Good luck to everyone, and thanks for the opportunity TRION!

Just to clarify I am 20 years old and my computer meets all of the requirements. My computer specs are in my signature, but I will post them here as well.

Computer Specs :

Core i7 930
    EVGA GTX 470
    12GB RAM
    1TB Caviar Black WD HDD
    Asus P6T Motherboard
    Corsair 750W PSU

Good luck to everyone and hopefully I will see you all in beta!!

-Zepp
    Last edited by Zeppelin; 08-09-2010 at 05:08 PM. Reason: system specs added to post

Well, here is my humble application

I started playing MMOs a while back. I started with DAoC (loved the RvR) but then moved onto FF11 when my friends started playing it. I honestly didn't enjoy it very much, and I didn't see why they were so keen to it. Anyways, after that short stint I started playing WoW. I started playing about 3 or 4 months before the first expansion was released. That was when I truly started to get into MMOs. I played WoW on and off for about 3 years. During that time I also played (and tested) Warhammer Online and Aion.

I will probably not have as much testing experience as other members on this forum, but I'm also not new to anything either. My first testing experience was one of the early(ish) stages of WARs closed beta, which I was honestly really surprised to even get considered for and still don't know how I got in with almost no beta experience. I tested it for a couple months before release and even then I was still very excited to play the game with my friends, but unfortunately they got bored of the little endgame content and left me alone once again =\. I played for about a month more then left and went back to WoW for a bit. After playing WoW for a while longer, I heard about Aion. I also was accepted to the closed beta, but it was one of the later ones. I wasn't really too excited for Aion, I was just playing because my friends liked the idea of it and it was something new for me to play. But, I got bored after reaching 50 and quit, before my friends this time hehe.

Anyways, I would like to test Rift for a number of reasons. I've followed this game since before it was called Heroes of Telara. There was very little information on it when I heard about it from a friend. But, it still grabbed my attention and I am now hoping for this game to save me from my MMOless life. A lot of people out here really need a good MMO that isn't a disappointment to save them and I really think this game has the potential to exceed that. But, in order for it to have any chance it really needs to have a big release and needs to be polished and fresh from the start. I am going to try to make this happen as much as possible. Sure, I, like everyone else on this forum wants to play the game, but I also want this to be THE game I play for the future. I don't care what I have to do to make this game as great as possible for me and my friends. I have a lot of freetime during the week, and it would be dedicated to Rift. I may not have the experience that other players have on this forum, but I sure have the dedication and then some.

This is also my first time posting but I have been lurking various Rift forums for months. I plan to get more involved with the community in the very near future.

Sorry, I like to ramble hehe. :P

Oh, and my computer meets all min specs and the likes so nothing to worry about there.
    Last edited by Arain; 08-09-2010 at 04:49 PM.

I have played and Beta tested a number of games.

Everquest
    Everquest 2
    World of Warcraft (and Beta Tester)
    Dark Ages of Camelot (and Beta Tester)
    Pirats of the Burning Sea (and Beta Tester)
    Vanguard (and Beta Tester)
    Lord of the Rings Online (and Beta Tester)
    Star Trek Online Beta Tester
    Star Wars (and Beta Tester)
    City of Heroes
    Champions (and Beta Tester)

System:
    Windows Vista
    AMD Phenom 9500 Quad Core Processor 2.20Ghz
    3.0 GB Ram
    32-bit Operating System
    Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT
    2GB RAM
    16x DVD Drive
    all the other pertinent information also matches below
    (i will be upgrading this machine in about 6 months to a higher level platform - after the "christmas season" when all the new machines and goodies have come out and the sales have started).

NEW SYSTEM:
    Windows 7 64bit
    AMD Phenom II x6 1055T + ATI Radeon HD 5870 1GB
    8GB Ram Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333 MHz
    1TB 7200RPM SATA 3.0GB 16MB Cache
    16x DVD RWDrive
    24.0" Dell ST2410 Full HD Monitor
    1GB Router and 1GB Ethernet Card
    (I believe that this new system will more than meet your qualifications now) - and i'll be keeping my other system active and will try the Beta on Both machines if/when i am accepted for BETA so that i can give accurate and reasonable descriptions on the Quality of Play by direct experience on two different types of machines playing at different levels and with different capabilities.

I believe in testing games thoroughly and looking at all aspects of a game and not just the exciting "eye candy". I also look at interactions of characters for classes and races and how the spells/powers, etc are working both in combat and out of combat. I also look for and report anything that might be exploitable (walk/shoot through walls, climbing on top of inaccessible areas, etc). I look at the ease/hardness of the game - both from a starting point - and from entering an area - and whether an area is meeting, exceeding or doing poorly in relation to size of group/powers/skill/level, etc.

I'm a veteran MMORPG gamer for 10 years - and i've been PC gaming for 15 years before Online came out - and i've consoled games before PC's came in fashion (yes - i'm talking before the 80's and yes i'm over 40 years old). That means i have experience, maturity and knowledge but i'm able to keep current with games and bring a historical perspective to whatever i do.
    Last edited by Paks; 09-28-2010 at 01:33 PM.
    Veteran MMORPG Player for 10 years. Played almost all of them at one point. Played variety of races and classes and am good at most of them also.

I was first introduced to MMO's back with Ultima Online. However, I wasn't very fond of the interface and some of the game mechanics were very uncomfortable. I quickly passed on the idea of MMO's and continued to focus my time playing single player games. Several years later, i ran across Dark Age of Camelot. This is where i truly fell in love with MMO's. The natural built in conflict and competetive PvP was right up my alley. Yet it still had a good sense of story and PvE experiences. I later moved on to play Star Wars Galaxies as well as you guessed it, WoW. I spent about 3 years in DAOC, about 1 year in SWG, and i played Wow since Beta.

With that being said, I have played many MMO's. Here is the list i can remember.
    -Dark age of Camelot
    -World of Warcraft
    -Star Wars Galaxies
    -Warhammer online
    -Anarchy Online
    -Eve
    -Asheron's Call 2
    -Horizon
    -City of Heroes/Villians
    -Ultima Online
    -Vangaurd
    -Runes of Magic
    -Cabal
    -Lineage 2

I don't have a lot of experience as a tester. I did get into Wow Beta for almost 6 months before release. I did some testing on a few features in the Magic the Gathering Online card game as well. I have hopped into a few open beta test, but those were more for stress tests and not really beta testing.

I like to break things. I like what i see in Rift. It has huge potential. Nothing hurts a game more than to have little to no feedback. Devs need the players as much as we need them. It's really that simple for me.

System Specs... covered!
    • Windows 7
    • 4 Gigs Ram
    • Intel® Q6600
    • 1Gig 9600GT Nvidia
    • 120 Gigs Free space on Hard Drive
    • DirectX 9.0c
    • DirectX 8.1 Compliant Sound Card
    • Keyboard, mouse, speakers
    • Broadband Internet Connection (10x10 fiber data connection)

Now, let's get this rolling and get this thing on store shelves. It's time to feed the hungry and share this jewel with the world.
    Last edited by Syrix_II; 08-11-2010 at 06:22 AM.

Thanks Abigale and entire Trion team for this oppourtunity.

Hey my name is Justin/ game name Jadden. Age 31

My first and really only mmo experience is what I'm currently playing, Vanguard from launch until now minus 4 month break. And a very short time in DDO. Ive mostly played games like Baulders gate 1and 2, Icewind dale 1 and 2, Neverwinter nights, and a slew of console rpgs since i was 12 yrs old. Vanguard got me hooked in the mmorpg genre and I will not be looking back.

I have not had the fortune to beta test any mmos, since vanguard was my first one.

I want to be a Rift beta tester b/c: I, like everyone else here wanna see the game, see how the game plays, but above all I think we all really wanna place/game we can call home for yrs to come. With all the recent failed launches with most if not all current mmos, I really think Trion knows what not to do. And last but not least, I want a say in what happens in this game, I wanna know I did all I could in testing to help this game take off and hopefully have that perfect or as close to perfect launch as possible. I don't want this game to suffer the same fate as current mmos. Like I said, I've never beta tested any mmo, but I believe with the experiences I had in VG, with the constant class rebalancing, the attention to detail I had /have with my class, I really do believe I would be a good choice for a first time beta tester.

System specs:
    Windows vista 32 bit
    q6600 OC to 3ghz
    3 gigs of ram
    nvidia 9800gtx+
    1tb hdd
    80gb ssd hdd, just for gaming

And also building 2 more computers near the end of year or first of next year for this game. Me and girlfriend played VG together and will play this game together as well.
    Last edited by Jadden; 08-10-2010 at 05:07 AM.
    Jadden- Bahmi Warrior
    http://www.enigma-guild.org

Rift Disciple

Everquest, Everquest 2, WoW, AoC, Vanguard and WAR. I've played numerous others but these games I've played for over 1 year.

EQ expansions GoD and OoW, EQ2, WoW, Vanguard, Gods and Heros, Alganon, AoC, WAR and Aion

First time poster long time lurker. I've been away from gaming for a few years now and have not had anything come along that has giving me that itch until I found this game. I'm really interested in rejoining my core guild mates who I have known since early EQ in finding a long term home. This game really has my interest and I want to be apart of helping it shape up to be the game a lot of us have been searching for all these years. I'm pretty good with bug feedback but I must confess I tend to find one class(normally the one I plan to play during live) and spend a lot of my focus/feedback on that class. Next would be the group content feedback for sure.

System Specs
    E8400 3.0 ghz
    4gb ram
    8800GT
    500MB Hard drive
    Vista 64 bit

these specs will probably be updated at some point but knowing a lot of people with similar specs it would be nice to give some feedback with what I am running now.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 216 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast