Closed Thread
Page 5 of 216 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 105 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Official Beta Selection Thread

Soulwalker

Default beta request

• Your experience as an MMO gamer
    I have been playing MMOs since 1997 starting with Ultima Online, and have been playing them ever since. I have also played EQ, AC, AC2, AO, DAoC,Lineage 2, CoX, AoC, FFXI, and well several others.

• Your experience as a tester
    I started testing MMOs back around 2002. My first major test was AO, and continue to test games today. Most recent games that I can speak of with out breaking a NDA would be DDO ftp, Global Agenda, Star Trek Online, and Champions online.

• Why you want to be a Rift Beta tester
    I have years of experience in testing, and greatly enjoy it. Not only do you get to experience the game, but you also get the chance to troubleshoot and help correct issues.

• W7
    • 4GB
    • AMD quad core 2.8Ghz
    • 512 MB ATI HD 3870
    • 50 GB of free hard drive space
    • DirectX 10
    • DirectX 8.1 Compliant Sound Card - NOTE: Every sound card made since release of Windows XP meets this requirement
    • Keyboard, mouse, speakers (optional)
    • Fios internet

I enjoy playing MMOs. Great opprotunity to be a part of a virtual community that creates its own rules. a lot of fun to see how things develop and meet people in game.

I have played and am playing

Aion
    AoC
    Lotro
    WoW
    Guild Wars

I have beta tested: Aion, Lotro, WoW (BC, Wrath, Cata), Diablo I & II

Why do I want to beta test?

Because I enjoy being a part of something in the building process. I enjoy going out and discoverying things. questing, seeing what ticks. I have patience for the "odd" things that happen during beta...they always do. some are amusing some are....well worth taking a deep breath over. ;)

I have been introduced to Rift prior to E3 and have drooled over each facebook post, viideo and etc that is released!]

I am over 18 and meet all the specs.

Win 7 - 64 bit
    quad core 2.4 ghz
    4 gig ram
    Nvida Gforce 460 - 1 gig
    Sound blaster gamer card
    Dx 11 installed
    Cable internet

Default Beta info

Your experience as an MMO gamer- I have played, EQ, EQ2, LOTR, Pirates of carribean,

• Your experience as a tester- I have beta tested for EQ2, LOTR, Aion, Vanguard and a few of the expansions for EQ.

• Why you want to be a Rift Beta tester- Because I am NOT a hardcore gamer, I play for relaxation, for grins for an escape from the day to day grind. I find that often my style is lesser known. Hardcore is everywhere, more content more gratification , now now now. I don't MIND grinding, I LOVE exploring, I love quests.. I love to look around and see what is to be seen, to find that overlooked quest just because no one ever talked to that NPC before. I know its gonna have bugs, much rather find them now than at release (and yes I piped up alot in VG).
    You'll note that this is actually maybe my first post.. well there is a reason for that. We can all speculate till the cows come home we can enthuse and oooo and ah over the graphics that are released.. but the fact remains that until we get our hands dirty its all just fluff. I'd rather save my thoughts and comments on the game until l experience it first hand. When I know more about the game I will share my thoughts and ideas. Well as much as the NDA allows anyway *grin*

And yes my rig will run it. and i am definately WAY over 18 (might well be one of the older female gamers here.. but thats another thread..)

Keth
    AKA Lunaveris of TASC, 52 bloodmage VG

•Your experience as an MMO gamer

My mmo experience began back in 99 and consists of (in no particular order):

Everquest
    Everquest Online Adventures (for PS2)
    Everquest 2
    World of Warcraft
    Dungeons and Dragons Online
    Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
    Eve
    Aion
    Dark Age of Camelot
    Warhammer Online: Age of Reconing
    Fallen Earth
    Age of Conan
    Lord of the Rings Online
    Darkfall
    Mortal Online
    All Points Bulletin

**I have also played a few F2P and P2P mmo games that I didn't list. However, I didn't spend more time than a month in any of them so I did not list them.

•Your experience as a tester

I have been part of either an open or closed beta in the following games:

Everquest 2 - The Shadow Odessy
    Dungeons and Dragons Online: Stormreach
    Mortal Online
    Darkfall
    Age of Conan
    All Points Bulletin
    Warhammer Online: Age of Reconing
    Aion

•Why you want to be a Rift Beta tester

I enjoy being part of the process. I tend to spend as much time looking for flaws than I do "playing" the beta. I found that this approach allows me to leave a large portion of the game untouched when it comes time for me to actually play the live version.

•Your contribution to the community (post count, post content, reputation, etc.)

Typically, I am not much of a poster on any forum boards unless there is something that I feel needs to really be posted. I did try to get into a habbit of posting more often but I stopped shortly after E3.

•Your ability to express your views (both positive and negative) in a productive way

In the proper setting I am capable of expressing my opinions in a proper manner. I admit that I do not hold forums in as high of a regard as I probably should and my posts aren't as constructive as they are capable of being.

You also need to be over 18 and your computer must meet or exceed these requirements:**

Check - 31 years old.

• Windows Vista 64bit
    • 4G DDR3
    • Intel Core 2 Quad 6600 (2.4Ghz)
    • 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTS
    •check HDD space
    •check DirectX 9.0c (installed during setup if needed)
    •check DirectX 8.1 Compliant Sound Card - NOTE: Every sound card made since release of Windows XP meets this requirement
    •check Keyboard, mouse, speakers (optional)
    •check Broadband Internet Connection (Internet Connection using DSL, Cable Modem or other high-speed connection)

**I will posibly updating my graphics card at the end of September to a more up to date card.

Additional Comments:

Shortly I will be finishing my degree in Software Engineering and beta tests, while smaller contributions, are still experiences that can be listed inside of a portfolio. I have acquired experience with technical writing as well as designing and developing applications, which both help in any testing process. Of course I learned a bit more there but nothing that I feel would contribute to a beta test of a mmorpg game, unless you are looking for an entry level Java, C++, or .NET programmer as well =).
    Last edited by Phoenix_79; 08-10-2010 at 06:41 AM.

I've played most of the online games, beginning with Everquest. Many of them, I was a beta tester for.

My computer meets or exceeds all of the required specifications.

My guild, Heroic Dead, has gathered many members and is eagerly waiting for RIFT. I know we would all like to be beta testers; perhaps a few will be.

I fooled around in Lord of the Rings Online and Guild Wars, and spent some time in EVE online. I currently play Global Agenda and All Points Bulletin. I am a raid leader for my guild in World of Warcraft, and have been playing since 2006, leading raids regularly since early 2009.

I haven't as much experience here. I've played one closed private beta which I'm still in, as well as playing the betas for World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King and Starcraft 2.

First, I'm looking to drop WoW and pick up a new MMO, and none of the others really do it for me. Because of this, I'm just eager to play early.
    Second, I want to get a feel for the game so that, if/when we can talk about the beta, I can encourage my friends and guild mates to enter.
    I won't say I want to sit and fill out bug reports, but I'm more than willing to do it in order to make my self useful enough to be given access.

I have a degree in biochemistry, which has taught me many things about writing clearly and concisely, and conveying ideas with specificity and brevity.

• Windows 7 professional
    • 8 gigs ram
    • Intel® i7 Q820 cpu at 1.73 GHz
    • dual Radeon m4870 1 gig cards in crossfire
    Hear more things I ramble on about at http://FirstPersonLeisure.com

Soulwalker

MMO experience: EQ, EQ2, WoW, Vanguard, LOTRO, WAR, Aion, CoH/CoV, as well as very small stints in FF11, SWG, and DAOC.

Testing experience: Beta: WAR, Aion, and Vanguard
    Alpha through launch for LOTRO

I would like to test Rift because I think I can give constructive feedback. I have been playing mmos since 1999 and have played some very different games, so my experience is very broad.

Windows 7
    Intel i5 quad core @ 2.67
    gtx460 1g
    4gig ram.

MMO Experience

EverQuest - (1999 - 2004): Classic, Ruins of Kunark, Scars of Velious, Shadows of Luclin, Planes of Power, Legacy of Ykesha, Lost Dungeons of Norrath, Gates of Discord, Omens of War
    EverQuest 2 - (2004 - 2006): Classic, Desert of Flame, Kingdom of Sky
    Vanguard: Saga of Heroes - (2006 - 2009)
    World of Warcraft (2009)
    Allods Online (2009)

Your experience as a tester

EverQuest 2 - Desert of Flame, Kingdom of Sky, Rise of Kunark
    Aion: Towers of Eternity
    Age of Conan (Technical Beta)
    Fallen Earth
    Warhammer Online

Why you want to be a Rift Beta tester

As a beta tester, outside of experience, I can offer the same as everyone on this thread can offer. A 3rd eye, an extra sense, or just a helping hand in the final stages of pushing a product through alpha, beta, and release. I've put my all my eggs into one basket with Rift back in 2009 so as a tester, I expect to provide as much as I possibly can while upholding standard beta practices. (Drawing the Avarem card) During Vanguard beta, I served as the warrior class lead for developer Darrin "Talisker" Mcpherson (SOE) for 3 consecutive years and as a raid leader for developer Andrew "MineForFish/Avarem" Krausnick during standard dungeon testing and Ancient Port Warehouse testing.

As an individual, I can help represent a specific demographic of today's youth gamers. I am 23, recent college graduate in CIS, now turned software developer (if you guys got an iPhone app project let me know!). I can offer testing ethics that I've learned in the classroom and from previous beta experience and can apply it to your product. For extra info, I am a guild/raid leader, so I possess experience in managing groups of players throughout events during and after beta testing phases.

Computer Specs

Rig #1
    Operating System: Windows 7 64-Bit Home Edition
    Processor: Intel Core i7 920 2.66Ghz
    Motherboard: Asus P6T Deluxe V2
    Memory: 6GB (3x 2GB) Dominator DDR3 1600
    Hard Drive: 2x Western Digital VelociRaptor 10000 RPM 150GB (Raid 0 Setup)
    Video Card: 2x ATI Radeon Sapphire HD 4890 1GB Vapor-X (Crossfire Setup)
    Power Supply: Corsair 850W
    Case: Antec 1200 Black Steel
    Monitor: 3x Asus 24" VH242H Monitors

Rig #2
    Operating System: Windows 7 64-Bit Home Edition
    Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 940 3.0Ghz (Liquid Cooled non-overclocked)
    Motherboard: Asus M4A78 Plus
    Memory: 4GB (2 x 2GB) OZC Reaper DDR2 1066
    Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB
    Video Card: 2x ATI Radeon MSI HD 4870 1GB (Crossfire Setup)
    Power Supply: Corsair 850W
    Case: Thermaltake Shark Black
    Monitor: Asus 24" VH242H Monitor

Rig #3: Dell Gaming Laptop

Rig #4: Mac Mini (Yes I have a mac...and I like it too...)

Internet Connection:
    Comcast Cable 20MB Down 3MB Up
    DLink N-Wireless Router
    Last edited by Raive; 08-09-2010 at 06:10 PM.

#retiredBear #teamBBCs #puffForeverMad

Experience as an MMO gamer (In no particular order)
    Aion - 5 months - Beta
    World of Warcraft - 4 years - Beta
    Lord of the Rings Online - 8 months
    Dungeons & Dragons Online - Currently playing, 3 months
    Guild Wars - 4 months
    Runes of Magic - 3 months
    Atlantica Online - 2 months
    City of Heroes (As well as City of Villains) - 3 years
    Champions - 3 months - Beta
    Star Trek Online - Beta only
    Second Life - A month
    Wizard101 - 1 year
    Toontown Online - 3 years
    Warhammer Online - 1 year - Beta

Why I want to be a Rift tester
    I look at everything and I go off course just to look at what's underneath that apple tree. While looking around I do find a lot of bugs and problems. I know what I'm looking for and I will give a well-thought out, honest opinion on something. I won't take one look at something and say it doesn't matter. I'm not here to just play the game (I'm waiting for that after the beta ), I want this game to succeed and I want to spend more than 4 years playing it.

I also enjoy interacting with other players whether it is on general chat or (in this case) fighting a Rift. Helping people out is fun and making friends is even better.

I am over 18 and meet/exceed all of these requirements.

• Windows XP / Vista / W7 (with latest service packs installed) - Windows Vista
    • 2GB System RAM or more - 4GB
    • Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core processor E2180 (2.0GHz) or faster - Pentium Dual-Core E5200 (2.50GHz)
    • 512 MB video card with Direct3D and Shader 2.0b (512MB NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT or better) - NOTE: most 512 MB video cards meet this requirement. - My video card has met this requirement
    • 10 GB of free hard drive space - 199GB free
    • DirectX 9.0c (installed during setup if needed) - I do have it
    • DirectX 8.1 Compliant Sound Card - NOTE: Every sound card made since release of Windows XP meets this requirement - Mine meets this requirement
    • Broadband Internet Connection (Internet Connection using DSL, Cable Modem or other high-speed connection) - Cable Modem

Thanks again and good luck!
    Last edited by aahingenuity; 08-09-2010 at 06:06 PM. Reason: spelling
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Soulwalker

Default Finnaly!

My experience with MMO's:

Everquest 5 Years
    Everquest II (1) Year
    Vanguard off and on since launch
    World of Warcraft 5 years and counting
    Warhammer 1 year

I have beta tested the following games:

Everquest 2
    Vanguard
    Pirates of the Burning Sea
    D&D

Why do I want to be a Rift Beta tester?

I've been following the progress of Rift for sometime now and would love to be a part in bringing it closer to fruition. I enjoy finding and noting bugs and anomalies and feel like I have a knack for spotting them.

I am over 18 (by a long shot) and my computers specifications are:

Windows 7 64 bit
    Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Processor 3GHz
    Memory: 4GB RAM
    200gb hard drive space available
    ATI HD5700 Video card
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    speakers altec lansing sat/sub system
    Cable Modem

Thanks for your consideration and I'll see you in Telara!

Telaran

Games I've played: UO, EQ1, EQ2 (played this one the most out of any), SWG, Vanguard, WAR, WoW, Age of Conan, and more.
    Beta tested: EQ2, Vanguard, WAR, Age of Conan and some others
    Why I want to beta test Rift: When I play these games I play to win and have fun doing it. I've seen what Scott can accomplish and I have all the faith in the world that he's leading the way for a great game. I would love nothing more than to help you test the high end content and find out new and innovative ways to improve it. After raiding with a top tier guild on eq2 for several years I feel I understand what it takes for people to have fun. Let's make Rift that fun game!
    Specs: Windows 7 64 bit, 4gigs of ram, e6850 3ghz, 8800GTS512 (will be upgrading gfx soon)

Thank you Abigale for allowing this opportunity. With that said:

I started MMO gaming in 1997 after getting back from Operation Joint Endeavor.

- Ultima Online
    - Asheron's Call
    - Dark Age of Camelot
    - Star Wars Galaxies
    - Everquest
    - Everquest 2
    - Warhammer online
    - Lord of the Rings Online
    - Dungeons & Dragons Online
    - Age of Conan
    - Darkfall
    - EvE Online
    - Fallen Earth
    - Istaria (formerly Horizons)
    - Star Trek Online
    - Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
    - WoW
    - Runes of Magic
    - Atlantica Online

The following are the betas in which I have been involved.

- Asheron's Call
    - Star Wars Galaxies
    - Everquest 2
    - Warhammer online
    - Lord of the Rings Online
    - Dungeons & Dragons Online
    - Age of Conan
    - Fallen Earth
    - Star Trek Online
    - Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
    -Dragonshard
    -Irth Online (Irth Worlds)

Frankly, there haven't been very many games of late (post 2005ish) that I have been very, very interested in. I was at the point where I was watching 2 or 3 games and if they didn't pan out I was done with a hobby that had been my primary hobby for many years. Admittedly I wasn't too keen on the Heroes of Telara setup with respect to classes. I had told friends if they would only, well, do what you've done now, with them then I might be interested. Well, you have. That got me to reading more and more about the game now called Rift and made it easy to buy in.

I want to continue MMO gaming for a long while. I'm not ready to give up this hobby. Rift, Copernicus and World of Darkness Online are, sorry Leia, my only hope. That said, more so than any other beta I've been involved with, I'd like to be a part of this one (as well as those others) to help shape them into something I and others can continue to play for years down the road. I don't want to sit back on my laurels and hope for the best.

Computer Specs

• Windows Vista SP2
    • 4GB System RAM or more
    • Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core processor E6600 2.4GHz)
    • Dual nVidia 9800 GTX+ 512 MB video cards in SLi
    • More than 10 GB of free hard drive space
    • DirectX 9.0c installed
    • Onboard sound on nVidia 780i motherboard
    • Keyboard, mouse, speakers
    • Verizion Fios (25Mbps up and down)

Thanks again for considering my post!

"No plan of operations extends with certainty beyond the first encounter with the enemy's main strength."
    ~Helmuth Karl Bernhard Graf von Moltke

Gnarlwood [Defiant]

Here we go! : ) Best of luck to everyone too and might I say it's really fun reading everyone's gaming experience hehe!

Experience as an MMO gamer
    I started playing Ultima Online with my twin sister when the second age launched in October of 1998. I played rather addictively, being young and full of free time (and if anyone has played UO you know how wonderful and versatile its classless system is which really promotes exploring practically EVERY profession, from alchemy and animal taming to poisoning and sorcery - all of which take a lot of time!) for four years until I started college in 2002. I started City of Heroes up in March of 2004 when it launched and played until the Matrix Online launched in April of 2005, which I absolutely loved and played until it was shut down. I then resubscribed to City of Heroes when City of Villains launched in July of 2008 and am still an active player in City of Heroes/City of Villains. I subscribed to Aion during closed beta in September 2009 still play it in addition to City of Heroes/City of Villains.

In a quick summary, I have been very involved longterm with four MMOs (Ultima Online, Matrix Online, City of Heroes/City of Villains, Aion) starting in 1998.

Experience as a Tester

-My first testing experience started with the free large content issues released twice to three times a year with City of Heroes/City of Villains starting with the City of Villains closed beta in 2006. Having played the game for over 5 years, my account is typically selected for closed beta testing.
    -I was an alpha and beta tester for Champion's Online throughout the entire summer of 2009.
    -I was in the Aion closed beta in September of 2009.
    -I was in the Start Trek Online closed beta early 2010.
    -I was in the Battle of Immortals closed beta spring 2010.
    -My most recent and in my opinion most privileged beta testing experience is as a Focus Group Tester for Bluehole Studio's TERA Online to help with localization prior to a larger-scale beta test (Spring 2010).
    -I am signed up for the Forsaken World closed beta test winter of 2010.

(other lesser known eastern games I've contributed towards during the testing process: Requiem: Memento Mori, Lineage II, Perfect World, Heroes of Three Kingdoms).

My Interest in becoming a Rift: Planes of Telara Beta Tester
    Firstly, I heard about Rift: Planes of Telara and Trion Worlds in May through MMORPG.com, and immediately started following it there and through facebook (a beautiful high fantasy/sci-fi meld that aims to rethink how players interact with the world and defies predefined notions of classes?? Who's not going to find that interesting?!). I found my way here to the forums in June. I love high fantasy MMOs and I think I bring a pretty diverse perspective to testing any games content (I've played western fantasy MMOs, superhero MMOs, eastern fantasy,horror-fantasy, and martial arts MMOs, and so much more). I'm also a pretty big sci-fi fan, and that's one reason I think Rift: Planes of Telara is going to blow me away; from what I've read, seen, and even heard, there is a great mixture of sci-fi and fantasy elements that makes the world truly unique and engaging. I also play a lot of console games, owning both a PS3 and XBOX360 myself, and I like to evaluate and compare game designs and content not only to games within their respective fields (an MMO for example) but for all different genres of games as well.

And one thing I can honestly say is I spend an insane amount of time testing low level content. Why? Because nothing beats the total immersion the low levels offer (before gear grinds, competitive team play, etc. come into play). I can remember how I couldn't shut up about Aion's lore and quest adventures to my boyfriend during the level 1-20 ascension throughout three different continents on the lower half of a hollowed out world.

Personal and CPU Information
    - I am 27.
    - Windows Vista 64-bit (upgrade to Windows 7 as soon as the discs arrive in the mail!)
    - 9 GB of RAM
    - Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67 Ghz
    - DirectX 11.
    -Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX260
    Last edited by Ballista; 08-09-2010 at 06:27 PM.

Soulwalker

Your experience as an MMO gamer

Played Extensively

Everquest - 10 Years+
    Sunscribed since 1999, after almost 7 years as a hardcore raider I retired from the top guild server wide within the past year. Still maintain my subscription and play on a more casual basis.

Everquest 2 - 6 Years off and on
    Subscribed consistently up until The Shadow Odyssey expansion. Recent expansions have been terrible! At this point I resub every 4 to 6 months to see if the game has improved.

World of Warcraft - 2 Years
    Friends kept hounding me to play, I finally gave in a couple of years back. Had subscribed semi regularly up until Activision acquired Blizzard. With the recent realID fiasco will never play again.

Lord of the Rings Online - Lifetime Subscriber
    Nobody I know plays this game, making it very difficult to become motivated to accomplish anything. Whoever decided releasing a game without a customizable UI was a good plan should have their head examined.

Played less then 3 months
    • Ultima Online
    • Planetside
    • Anarchy Online
    • DDO
    • Eve
    • Vanguard
    • Final Fantasy XI
    • Age of Conan
    • Warhammer Online

Your experience as a tester
    • Everquest - all expansions since Legacy of Yekesha
    • Everquest 2 - Original Game, Echoes of Faydwer, Rise of Kunark, The Shadow Odyssey
    • Final Fantasy XI - PS2 version
    • City of Heroes
    • Planetside
    • Vanguard
    • Champions Online
    • Age of Conan
    • Warhammer Online
    • Star Wars Galaxies

Why you want to be a Rift Beta tester

I want to help make sure this game has an excellent launch and becomes one of the best MMOs out there. I have quite a bit of experience testing and playing MMOs; with this experience I believe that I know how to and that I can provide focused, useful and relevant feedback that will help improve the game.

PC Specs
    • Windows 7
    • 4GB RAM
    • Intel Core2Duo 2.0GHz
    • Nvidia GeForce 8800GT - 512MB
    • Cable Internet

Experience as a MMO gamer :
    11 years of gaming
    EQ1, EQ2, SWG, DDO, FF11, WAR, AOC, LOTRO, AO, WoW, VG, AION, StarSonata, Dofus and many F2P MMORPGs (Allods, Flyff, ... ).
    (I am likely missing a few)

Experience as a tester :
    SWG beta (including the space expansion), WAR beta, AOC beta, Darkfall beta, VG beta (and a couple years testing all the raid/group content from APW with Avarem to PotA on test server).

I would like to join beta because I want this game to be successful. I have played many games that can't seem to keep their playerbase past the free month.
    I want Rift to be a game I can call home for many years.
    I spend a large amount of time playing MMO's and I love to hunt for bug/mechanics. I tend to parse lot of useless stuff just to figure out how something works or when I am suspicious of a skill description. It is a bad habit I inherited from my years playing Vanguard. I also don't mind voicing my opinion if I find something is lacking. I believe a game must be fun before anything else. I can live with countless bugs but not in a boring environment.
    I am more of a raider type starting with EQ1 and I would love to give a hand in testing future raid content.
    I am a good communicator and will do my best to help the game.

I have not participated a lot in the forums discussions simply because I like to have hard facts before I discuss something. I love game mechanics and I can't wait to talk about them on the beta forums.

I am French so sometimes my grammar is a little messed up and of course I love sarcasm (when the subject of discussion is not important). But I will let you judge that for yourself.

Computer spec :
    Seven Ultimate (64bits).
    4Gb DDR3 RAM.
    Phenom II 720 (3 cores, going to unlock the 4th).
    8800GT 512Mb (waiting a bit on 460GTX prices to go down to upgrade since I have no use for better atm).
    1Mb DSL.

Thanks for your time reading this.
    Last edited by Virgo; 08-09-2010 at 06:21 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 216 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 105 ... LastLast