Closed Thread
Page 216 of 216 FirstFirst ... 116 166 206 212 213 214 215 216
Results 3,226 to 3,229 of 3229
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Official Beta Selection Thread

Soulwalker

Your experience as an MMO gamer

I have been playing MMO's since the onset of Everquest so long ago - my father influenced me with the world of DnD, and Everquest seemed like the next logical step.

Since that time I have played most MMO's out there, including WoW, Everquest 2, Aion, CoH/CoV, Darkfall Online, Eve Online just to name a few.

Your experience as a tester

The majority of games I play tend to be in the beta phase. I enjoy testing and balancing games, and I enjoy the experience of helping something reach it's potential.

Being an IT Consultant, I also have experience with most types of programs, and I know how to diagnose and fix a problem. I have some experience with regression testing and other methods used to test game builds.

Why you want to be a Rift Beta tester

The game looks, sounds, and appears to be absolutely beautiful. The class system is in depth, the lore and Rift system is amazing, and I believe this could be the best MMO around, easily. I would love to give a hand testing the game to make sure it becomes as amazing as I know it could be.

Even if not selected as a tester, I will be purchasing the game on release - so I hope to see you all in Telara!

Computer Specs-
    Asus M4a79xtd Evo Motherboard (790x series North Bus with a 2600mhz FSB)
    AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Processor
    x2 Radeon HD 5670 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 in Crossfire
    2 Gigs DDR3 1600 Mhz RAM
    VelociRaptor 600GB 10000 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard drive

Soulwalker

Default Beta Test Application

Hello Rift team!

I would like to take this chance to offer my services during your beta testing period. I will list my qualifications below and hopefully it will match up with what you are looking for and I can give you some input on this game that I am super excited about.

Thinkforyourself:

I have been playing MMOs since WoW release. I was a guild and raid leader for years in the games high end content. Help develop strategies for raid encounters and help our guild meet the challenges presented to us in day to day raiding. I have also played Warhammer, Aion, Eve, FFXIV, DDO, LOTRO, and a few others but not very seriously.

I test non gaming software for a living so my testing experience is quite a bit! Professionally I am responsible for taking software straight from the QA process and subjecting it to rigorous User Acceptance Testing to ensure it is ready for market. I am sometimes the only tester on software released to hundreds of customers so I take the job very seriously.

As far as testing games goes, I love it. It is a chance to preview the world and to catch potentially frustrating bugs pre-release so the game can have a great launch. I have tested for several MMOs including my most recent experience testing Starwars: The Old Republic in the Hutta Squadron. It was only two days but I was able to provide them with quite a bit of (what I feel was) useful feedback.

Rift has gotten me and my friends excited for the first time in a long time. It has the lore, the graphics, and the community I think is necessary to launch a successful MMO. I desire wholeheartedly to lend a hand in the testing phase so that I can have a hand in helping this game be great (I already feel I have a vested interest if you could believe it).

I know that not everybody will make it in to the testing, but if you guys would like some feedback from a professional tester let me know!

Computer Specs-
    MSI 790GX-G65 AM3 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard
    AMD Phenom II X4 945 Deneb 3.0GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDX945FBGIBOX
    XFX GX260NADFF GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported
    8 Gigs DDR3 1600 Mhz RAM

Shadowlander

Default Why I want to get into BETA

I played Everquest from just after the Kunark expansion until World of Warcraft and Everquest II came out. Everquest was my first MMO. And it was a revelation. I'd played DND a bit with friends, and I'd played a few single-player dungeon crawlers (Pool of Radiance, etc) so I had some experience with the fantasy game environment. But playing Everquest was so different. There were other people to talk to, to ask advice or help from. And who randomly helped out when you were just about to die. It was AMAZING. Being able to explore the world, live the game lore, I was hooked. I loved it for years. But I was in a smallish guild and raiding in Everquest was a monumental task. After several years of making a LOT of alts, I decided to try out this new game called World of Warcraft, plus Everquest II was about to launch as well.

I played WoW in a small guild (with guildies that came over from EQ). I played for a little over a year. I had 2 max level characters and a few lower-level alts. I had both Alliance and Horde characters. WoW was also amazing. The art design was fantastic (for what it was trying to do), the sound design too. PvP in general I'm not fond of, but it was semi-partitioned, so I could avoid it when I wanted to. I enjoyed playing the game, but again, since our guild was so small, there wasn't much to do once you were max level and the next expansion wasn't due for some time. I then started playing EQ2 more. Met up with lots of great people there and joined a guild. I had many, many great experiences. I am still playing EQ2 in a semi-casual, semi-hardcore raid alliance (a couple of guilds that play and raid together). We raid 3 times a week and are currently raiding end-game content.

But it has been several years and though expansions for EQ2 are being released about once a year, for whatever reason, there isn't much to do solo in them. Solo content can be played through within a couple of months. Once that happens, there isn't much to do on non-raid nights. Due to this, I've played a few other MMOs over the years besides Wow and EQ2. I played Guild Wars (a few months), Lord of the Rings Online (a few months), 2 Moons (a few weeks), Vanguard (a couple of months, but crashing to desktop every time you zoned finally got me), Aion (several months, but got tired of the PvP ganking. If it wasn't for that, I would probably still be playing), and am currently trying out Final Fantasy XIV.

I have been in the open betas for a few MMOs. WoW, LoTRO, Vanguard, Aion and Final Fantasy XIV. I must say, the WoW Beta was the best. They had many, many tools which allowed Beta testers to report bugs, spelling errors, opinions about risk vs reward, and other feedback.

From what I've been able to gather from the official site and various sources, Rift looks like a game I'd love to play. And since I want it to be a great game, I want to be a part of making it such. Any assistance I could provide from finding and reporting quest or mob bugs, geometry issues, spelling errors, heck even just for server load testing, I'd be happy to do. If it makes the game better, I'm up for it.

EDIT: Forgot to include computer specs -
    Motherboard: MSI X58 Pro-E
    CPU: Intel i7 920
    Video: AMD 5870
    RAM: 6GB DDR3
    Last edited by Stile; 11-17-2010 at 03:26 PM.

My gamer name is Heart, so religiously ive even gotten it tattooed on me, as well as a " WASD " around it to signifty im an avid pc gamer.

a bit of history, i started playing mmorpgs since ultima online, then daoc, and pretty much every flavor thereafter.

ive been significantly dissapointed since daoc thus far to be quite frank. its one of the few games ive consider to be true pvp, and have longed for it since. the only game that came close was probably shadowbane in its later days.

ive beta tested so many games ive lost count, to name a few: daoc, wow, ac2, starcraft2.. many more, and even more open betas.

ive been keeping my eye on rift for awhile, eagerly awaiting the next tidbit, and have yet to be dissapointed with what ive read. i truly hope this is the game ive been longing for to fill that void ive had for years.

Closed Thread