I will probably end up editing this post as time passes and memories pick up omissions. Here's what I can recall off the top of my head:
Experience as an MMO gamer
EQ1 - started June 2, 2002 (forget the exact time) - mostly adventured as a rogue and social butterfly
SWG - started early on but left just pre-NGE - almost exclusively crafted (Bio-Eng), with a little exploration/adventuring
WoW - started about 4 months into game and played to pre-BC - rogue, met future wife in Southshore (at least that is where she got onto my friends list )
Vanguard - played from beta through live for many months, but quit due to crippling chunk-lockout bug (reported many times and tested fixes but was never fixed) - rogue, but crafted (carpenter - Linolea on Vanguard crafters forums)
LoTRO - played for three months - burglar, but quit after only dying once or twice gaining max level... no challenge whatsoever.
WoW - just pre-WotLK to a month ago (cancelled subs) - rogue (quelle surprise!)... I can only handle so much fast food MMO
Experience as a tester
Vanguard - started in closed beta through invite. Mostly hammered out the crafting system and provided a fair whack of feedback.
WAR - tested out Witchelf class (rogue look alikes) but found the game to be too linear for PvE purposes. I never PvP which was a major focus of the game. Did not play live version for these reasons.
Why I want to be a Rift beta tester?
To help build a better game! Well duh, but ***-kissing aside, I am keen to do the following:
1) Foremost - test out the crafting system assuming it has been implemented and needs people who don't mind being nose down to the crafting table for hours on end. I can do dis!
2) Test out the rogue class - probably Blade Dancer - I have played rogue classes in every MMO I play and am a rogue at heart. Hey, the rogue always gets the girl ... my WoW experience is proof of this. If there are problems with ther rogue look and feel ... I will find them.
I wish I could recollect them all, but I am on holiday for the next week and a half, but I can garauntee you that both our systems (Neema and I) exceed the stated stats - will populate this if necessary when I get home.
Off the top of my head (listing lessor system where both not specified):
• Both are Windows 7 Professional
• Both have 4Gig RAM
• Processors - AMF Phenom 9550 quad-core 2.2GHz
• Video cards - ATI Radeon HD 4800 series
• 100's of Gigs hard drive available
• DirectX 9.0c - YES (DX 11 installed)
• DirectX 8.1 Compliant Sound Card - YES
• Broadband Internet Connection - YES - ADSL2+ living in Perth city centre = good bandwidth (approx 8 megabit down, 0.9 up - tested with http://www.speedtest.net/)
Location & Age
Australia - you didn't ask, but I think it might be relevant. You need a few folks with higher pings perhaps, to see how the game functions under those conditions? Age is well over the spec (18)
PS> I will get Neema to post soon ... she is the beta cruncher due to Zinn dragging her all over the MMOsphere.