Closed Thread
Page 101 of 216 FirstFirst ... 51 91 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 111 151 201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 3229
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Official Beta Selection Thread

Experience:
    Everquest 1 and 2
    Lord of the Rings Online
    World of Warcraft
    Age of Conan
    Vanguard
    Star Trek Online

Testing Experience
    Lord of the Rings beta (closed and open)
    Vanguard (from beta 2 on)
    Age of Conan
    Star Trek Online

I'm seriously excited to test Rift, having had an eye on it's development since before it became Rift:Planes of Telara. Having had extensive testing experience in several betas, i understand my role and the importance of good feedback and bug reporting to assist the dev tream in bringing a polished product to the market.

System Specs

E8400@3.0 Ghz Core 2 duo
    4gig ram
    Windows Vista 32 bit
    Ati Radeon HD5600 1G GDDR5
    Dx11

Overall I've been playing MMO's about 11 years now, and I am looking forward to testing Rift.

Soulwalker

Please consider me for beta I have played many moms and have been in end game raiding guilds in both ffxi and eq2. My system more then meets the minimum requirements. Keeping this short as I know you have many post to read. I also beta tested eq2 Aoc and I am currently testing ffxiv

Soulwalker

Default Beta

Gaming Experience: EQ, Vanguard, WOW

Testing Experience: Vanguard

Why do I want to test: The Rift class system and dynamic content are two features that I feel stand out the most, and I look forward to testing them out and giving feedback on them.

System Specs:
    Windows XP
    4GB Ram
    Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.00GHZ
    512MB Nvidia 9800GT
    DX11

case silverstone Temjin TJ10 nvidia edition
    Psu corsair gold 1200w
    intel core i7 980x oc 4.1ghz
    gigabyte ud7
    ddr3 corsair 6gb 1600mhz 7-7-7-20
    evga 480 sc x2 sli (maybe a 3rd comes later)
    1T western digital sata 3
    ssd intel postville 80gb 2.5 retail
    monitor:Alienware optx 2310
    3D Vision

watercooling
    radiator black gts 240
    cpu waterblock ek supreme hf
    ek high-flow fittings 1/2'' id g1/4
    ek waterblocks water pump ek-dcp 4.0
    reservoir ek multioption 150 rev 2

Hi Abigale

To begin with I m very dissapointed by the mmo industry.
    Theres nothing to impress me anymore cause ive played tons of rpg's in the past including text based.
    For me an mmo must be sth more than a usual rpg with people to interact with and some raids and pvp etc etc.
    I want a step of evolution in the mmos genre wich will make me want to play it because it's real fan and not just a game where u play and u hit buttons saying "oh man when does this end"for taking the next lvl or to kill the boss.
    There is no real adrenaline in mmos.
    We want a game to play it because it's real fun and not because i have to take the next lvl and sometimes is fun.
    Games either get frustrating hard or ultra easy which both of them makes the game set for downfall.
    As u have stated Rift will be full of random things happening all around telara and i m very impressed by that.
    I also want to see the skill/class system which seems to be my favorite.You have the right touch guys... you give the player one thing that is very importand for him.That thing is freedom to everything.Yes freedom of creating a character just like he wants with a lot of combinations.I would also like to see sometime cross/class just like in D&D.I think a mage/healer prestige class combination just like in d&d would be the awesomeness in your game.
    I also like this darkish art style,the melacholy of the game and the best lore i ve ever seen(always by my point of view).And yes im a d&D pen n paper fan(not the mmo i hated...it's gameplay =0)and a magic the gathering fan.
    So i would like to see this new experience and help as much as i can so as we can have a great release.
    For me a game must have awesome gameplay between other critical things.But gameplay is very importand for me.
    Thats why i was playing wow for 2 years because it has the best gameplay i've ever experienced but now is dead for several reasons and 1st of all for it's outdated graphics.
    You just cant play wow after playing metro 2033 in 3d vision it's just impossible.

My experience as a tester
    Wow Vanilla,DDo,Tabula Rasa,Allods,Vanguard,Starcraft 2,FFxiv

My experience as an mmo gamer is not huge im in the industry for 6 years.I remember my friends playing ultima when i was 13 but i didnt had the chance cause i didnt had the money in that age.So i started with some free mmos at my age of 20 7 years later.Then i had experience with wow which i quit after 2 years.And then i started trying everything if not everything 80% of the mmos out there have been passed by my hands(From p2p to f2p) returning sometimes to wow.
    Unfortunatelly nothing made me want to play it more for various reasons that will take 2 much to write.

I wish i could be with the devs and helping them with my mmo ideas for this game.

So thx for reading guys and See ya in Telara
    Last edited by Reyne; 09-01-2010 at 06:05 PM.

Experience: Everquest 1 / 2, WoW, Vanguard, LOTR, Allods, Grand Fantasia, Aion, Aika

Testing Experience: Everquest 1 / 2, WoW, Vanguard, LOTR, Allods, Grand Fantasy, Aion, Aika

What I want out of testing Rift, is to help make it a game I'd be happy playing.

My system:

AMD Phenom 9650 Quad-Core Processor 2.31 GHz
    4Gb DDR2 PC6400 Ram
    Win 7 Ultimate 64
    Nvidia Geforce 9800gt 1Gb
    DX11
    Cable Internet

Planning on upping my system to 8Gb ram soon

Experience
    SWG
    Everquest 2
    WOW
    Lord of the Rings Online
    Age of Conan
    Vanguard
    FF XI
    Aion
    COH/COV
    WAR
    L2
    Ryzom
    DDO

Testing Experience
    Vanguard (early beta)
    WOW (closed and open)
    FFXIV (closed)
    Lineage 2 (Closed and Open)
    Lord of the Rings beta (Open)
    Aion (Open)
    WAR (Closed and Open)

Why I'ld like to be invited to Beta.
    I've been watching the development of this game for some time now, and have been getting more excited as more detailed information (game play, game design, visuals) are released. Also, many of the dev team are familiar faces to the games I've played in the past and still play.

I've been a beta tester on numerous MMOs most recently FFXI and understand the importance of detailed feedback and bug reporting. Also, I am a very balanced player and like to adventure, raid, group, solo as well as craft so I would make an ideal tester because I would love to test each of these aspects of the game.

System Specs

Op System:
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100618-1621)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    Processor:
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
    Memory:
    6144MB RAM
    DirectX Version:
    DirectX 11
    Display:
    ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series

------------------------
    Last edited by Lorainna; 09-01-2010 at 06:05 PM.

Champion of Telara

Default Draylore's App

• Your experience as an MMO gamer

I played the following MMOs

-Everquest1 (my first MMO experience)
    -Everquest2 (what I am currently playing)
    -Star Wars Galaxies
    -World of Warcraft
    -Horizons
    -Tabula Rasa
    -Age of Conan
    -DDO
    -Star Trek Online

• Your experience as a tester

I was a Beta tester in:

-Horizons
    -SWG
    -Age of Conan
    -Star Trek Online

In addition, I have been a software engineer/tester for 20+ years (mostly military simulation devices) and have a lot of experience in what it takes to actually properly test software. I try to take part in any Beta's I can because I i am good and testing things, diagnosing issues, and generating good info for the designers. To me Beta is not just a way to demo a game for free....its a job....lol i just don't expect to be paid for it.

I am also very good with PC hardware and in the past I have found myself helping game designers in the technical areas more often than game-play.

Why you want to be a Rift Beta tester

In short......to help.

As I mentioned above, testing software and communicating my ideas and thoughts to designers is something I enjoy and do very well. I am also a avid MMO player so its a natural mix.

I have played several MMOs over the years alongside my girlfriend who also enjoys the genre. We are currently playing EQ2 and mostly taking part in endgame raid content. We caught wind of Rifts and starting getting interested in it. We are looking for a new experience within the genre and I would very much like to take part in making it as much as a success as I can.

Thank you and I look forward to Rift and hopefully being able to take part and assist you in its beta.

You also need to be over 18 and your computer must meet or exceed these requirements:**

I am 41 years old.

I currently have two systems that I can use for testing:

My gaming desktop: Intel C2Q q9550, ATI Radeon 5850, 8gb memory, Windows 7 64bit Ultimate, self built.

My gaming laptop: Asus G73JH, Intel Core i7 Q720, ATI Radeon Mobile 5870, 8gb, Windows 7bit Ultimate

Soulwalker

MMO Experience:
    Anarchy Online
    Star Wars Galaxies
    EVE 2 for years
    Aion
    WAR
    Guild wars

Testing Experience
    Aion
    LotRO,
    Age of Conan
    Tabula Rasa.

Reasons for Testing
    im always interested in new tech ideas and love to be part of its rpogresion and improvement.

System Specs
    Windows 7 64bit
    Intel Quadcore 3.0Ghz
    Nvidia GTX260
    4GB DDR2
    20mbit Broadband

My MMO Experience
    Ultima Online
    Dark Age of Camelot
    Everquest II
    World of Warcraft (Vanilla, BC, and Wrath)
    Warhammer Online
    Guild Wars
    Aion

My Testing Experience

Everquest II
    World of Warcraft (Vanilla -> Cataclysm)
    Starcraft II
    League of Legends
    Heroes of Newerth

Why I want to Beta test:

Between WoW and SW:TOR I would really like to see someone come from the side and take the throne. I'm very interested in new tech, and especially interested in UI design and how it all meshes together. I've found that valuable testing comes from those who look at things indepth, and try to break the system and find the bugs. I've had my fair share of testing MMOs and other online multiplayer games and I've managed to provide valuable feedback in all of those situations.

I realize I'm new to the community (I just now found out about this game, viewing what came out of Gamescon) and I'm extremely interested to see where it goes and just how far it can come. I look forward to being apart of this growing community.

My internet connection:
    Verizon FIOS 25 MBPS Up and Down

I have two computers that I use on a regular basis:

Laptop:
    Windows Vista 64 bit
    AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core QL-65 2.10 GHz
    4 GB DDR 2 RAM
    ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics

Desktop:
    Windows 7 Home 64 bit
    Intel Core i5-760 Lynnfield 2.8GHz LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core
    6 GB DDR 3 RAM
    GeForce GTX 470

Thanks for your consideration!

• My experience as an MMO gamer
    -Muds of all sorts
    -Meridian 59
    - Ultima Online
    -Everquest
    -Everquest2
    - Dark age of Camelot
    - Requiem online
    - Age of Conan
    - World of Warcraft
    - Warhammer online
    - LOTRO
    - Guild Wars
    - Aion
    - Mortal online
    -Darkfall
    To name a few, basically if it is an mmo that shows any promise I have tried it. I will try this one as well to be sure.

• My experience as a tester
    Everquest was my first true beta testing experience. That game was great in its early days. This game shows alot of similar promise and I am looking forward to trying it.

Since those EQ days I have tested just about every major title that has come along. I tend to stick with games much longer when I have had a chance to give my input and squash bugs and exploits during the testing. Nothing ruins a game faster than exp, currency, or economy exploits. With that in mind I go out of my way to find as many as I can and destroy them before release.

I am far beyond both the age and PC requirements.

See you in beta if given the chance.

Default Beta....

I'll keep this simple..
    i have been a serious gamer for about 11 yrs, always do end game raiding. I have been guild/kin leader, and officers in any guild/kin i have joined.

I play approx 5 hrs a night, 7 days a week.

i have been in beta testing several MMO's.
    Played: eq1, eq2, WOW, Daoc, lineage, Lotro, Vandgaurd, DnD, Warhammer. and several more.

This game looks like it has amazing potenial and i would love to be part of this from the begining

This is my puter info, I will be upgrading soon also

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.100608-0458)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: HP-Pavilion
    System Model: KJ376AA-ABA m8430f
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 01/31/08 10:59:20 Ver: 5.19
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
    Memory: 4094MB RAM
    Page File: 2636MB used, 5760MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 7.00.6002.18107 32bit Unicode

MMO Gaming Experience
    Ultima Online ~ 6 years
    Diablo II ~ 10 years
    Everquest ~ 6 years
    WoW ~ 4 years
    Vanguard ~ 1 year
    SWG ~ 3 years
    Eve Online ~ 2 years

Testing Experience
    Diablo II - beta
    Vanguard - beta
    RYL - beta

My first degree is in Computer Science. I mainly use C/C++, Perl, and shell scripting (bash) now.

Reasons for Choosing Rift:Planes of Telara
    This is the first mmo that has caught my attention for some time. In the past many years, the mmorpg market has been on a steady road towards boring and dull. Rift needs able testers just as much as they require efficient programmers and captivating artists. Without good feedback from testers, the game is destined to fail.

Computer Specs
    Windows 7 Ultimate
    4GB ddr3 1066
    1 TB storage
    AMD Phenom II 965 Black Edition
    2x Nvidia 9800 GT 1GB
    Approx. 24 Mb broadband

Thank you for your consideration,

Seratt Disgustipated

Past MMO Experience:
    UO - 1-2 years
    EQ1 - 6-7 years
    WoW- 6 years
    Aion - 1 year
    Vanguard - 1 year
    Diablo 2 - 10 years

Testing Experience:
    Diablo 2
    WoW
    Aion
    Vanguard

Why you want to be a tester:
    To be honest, everything in recent memory has be an utter failure, one after the other. As the market becomes more and more flooded, finding games worth their salt has become increasingly rare. As such, Rift looks like a breath of fresh air in a rather stagnant period in gaming. Given the opportunity to test, I'd do everything I could to give constructive feedback and do my part to help elevate this game above the rest. Hey, that rhymed.

Hardware:
    Windows XP 64 bit (not really hardware, I know)
    4 gigs DDR3 RAM
    500gigs SATA HDD
    AMD Phenom 9600 Quad Core 2.31 GHz
    Geforce 9800 GTX+ 1gb

Thank you for your consideration, and hopefully see you in game.

Cheers

Soulwalker

About me:

Lives in sweden, age 27, currently studying at a univeristy.
    Started my Mmorpg carreer in eve-online with a group at the university i then studied at, there i was a highranking member of "The Corporation" (Merlinar) wich grew to be part of "Mercenary coalition", wich was a major force in the game.
    I later moved on to World of Warcraft, where i have been in both smaller and larger Guilds since "Vanilla wow", I cleared most content in that game, and have been both Gm, Officer and ordinary grunt. In between pauses and for variation i have tried out different games aswell, including some "free" mmorpgs.

I´ve played Eve-Online, World of warcraft, Linage II, Runes of Magic, Mu Online, Age of Conan

Betatester for Battlefield Bad company 2

• Why you want to be a Rift Beta tester
    Seems to me to have the chance to become an awesome game, and a real "wow-killer", and i would very much like to be a (small) part in testing and finetuning the game to become just that and everything else it could be.

Current pc-setup:
    Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
    Language: Swedish (Regional Setting: Swedish)
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+ (2 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11

//Regards Zazz
    Last edited by Zazz; 09-02-2010 at 01:31 AM.

I have been gaming for a number of years and have tested numerous games , all the usual suspects. Im also the Leader of a guild/gaming community known as Prophecy which has been around since 2002 we have been discussing the potential of Rift for quite a while.

Rift looks like it has tremendous potential and I would love the chance to help test the game.

My experience as a MMO gamer goes back to the beginning around 98.
    Everquest, Everquest2, DAOC, SWG (pre NGE), Vanguard, AOC, Darkfall, Mortal Online

I have tested EQ, EQ2, WOW, Vanguard, SWG, AOC, LOTRO, Darkfall, WAR, Fallen Earth, AION, Mortal Online

• Why you want to be a Rift Beta tester
    The game looks very promising and it looks like you have a very experienced Dev team which should make the testing process much better than I have experienced in some recent games.

Windows 7 64 bit
    8 gigs ddr 2 RAM
    e8400 Intel processor
    ATI 5870 1gig ram
    ASUS XONAR DX2 7.1 Audio
    Last edited by Crypton; 09-02-2010 at 06:01 AM.
    http://www.prophecyguild.net/

Closed Thread