+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17

Thread: Game too small?

Quote Originally Posted by lukain View Post
    Some games counteract the lack of re-playability & Endgame content with a 3rd choice "Alternative Advancement" which I am afraid Rift also doesn't offer yet .. Players need something to do at 50 apart for dungeon after dungeon so really I am Xing my fingers that 1.3 offers something other than a Raid dungeon
    Games are rarely ever what they were at launch. Hang in there buddy, they have good stuff coming.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Fireforge View Post
    Games are rarely ever what they were at launch. Hang in there buddy, they have good stuff coming.
    I hope so I really wanted Rift to Be my Game for the next few years at least , I like games long term , I played Eq1 for 4 years , Eq2 for 3 years , WOW 2 years then another 1 year & have 2 lifetime LOTRO accounts & of course the Greatest MMO of all time Asherons Call kept me busy for years , so when I start a game I love to be still on it years down the track but lately MMO have let me down

I can't think of a Game that I ave played long term were I didn't have at least 5 Maxed out Characters , WOW I had 12 Max character & Lotro I lost count lol of course both those I dual boxed ..
    Last edited by lukain; 06-05-2011 at 04:38 PM.

I bought the 6 month founder sub. I did so looking towards the future. I'm enjoying it now and at $10 a month I think I can afford to be patient.

Soulwalker

Yeah I think its to Small " But Polished"

To Give an example

Launch : Rift "Level Cap 50"
    2 Starting Areas "Instanced away from rest of the Game"
    11 Zones " For General Play

Launch : World Of Warcraft "Level Cap 50"
    42 Zones "For General Play"

Launch :Everquest 2 "Level Cap 50"
    2 Starting Areas " Instanced away from rest of Game"
    36 Zones For General Play

Rift is perhaps the smallest MMO released & this can cause problems with re-playability
    The fact is, wow made the most money and became the great MMO success. So, more zones

Soulwalker

Default My opinion on this

I absolutely love RIFT and I feel rather small seating here daring to tell the Devs how they should have done it... but if you ask me, indeed i think the world is too small.

I would have preferred to have twice as much zones, but same number of mobs and quests.

Basically, just dilute the game a bit. It feels too dense, too compact. You spend so much time being kicked off your mount, and travelling such short distances takes forever crushing grey mobs. What's the point ? I'd rather have more space to travel, makes the game feel like a journey, and give more spaces between mobs, have way less paths, and routes, give more options to zone crossing, general traveling (I spend my time on roads.... heck even IRL id rather jump over fences...)

And most of all, when I say more zones, please make intermediate zones that allow for landscape transitions.... I understand each zone was designed as a project on its on, but why not having a bit of linearity between the zones, make this progressive ?
    Few flakes of snow, slowly, replace the crocodile by a deer, slowly, and as you get deeper in the woods riding your mount, you start to feel the snow storm showing up there. Rather than passing the doted line and seeing such radical change... kinda hard to immerse the players this way.

And oh, I got kicked off the mount again #_#
    Last edited by Tankeinstein; 06-05-2011 at 05:54 PM.

Angry

I hope that the rift team is working on expansions....and by expansions I mean quest and content expansions, with an increased level cap.

Not '5 more raids' kinda expansions. >_<
    Nuadain ~ Noss ~ Kah

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Valis78 View Post
    I hope that the rift team is working on expansions....and by expansions I mean quest and content expansions, with an increased level cap.

Not '5 more raids' kinda expansions. >_<
    I am sure there working on an Expansion but doubt you will see it this year , 1.3 will give us a good idea of the direction there heading & if its not a Holy Crap 1.3 rocks moment things may continue to go downhill .. X Fingers

Soulwalker

Yeah I think its to Small " But Polished"

To Give an example

Launch : Rift "Level Cap 50"
    2 Starting Areas "Instanced away from rest of the Game"
    11 Zones " For General Play

Launch : World Of Warcraft "Level Cap 50"
    42 Zones "For General Play"

Launch :Everquest 2 "Level Cap 50"
    2 Starting Areas " Instanced away from rest of Game"
    36 Zones For General Play

Rift is perhaps the smallest MMO released & this can cause problems with re-playability
    Sorry to say but WoW zones are pretty small compare to rifts zones so that would make up for it ;-) Srsly people moan about anything these days.. Not like it? Don't PLAY it!
    Last edited by Caresa; 06-05-2011 at 09:32 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Caresa View Post
    Sorry to say but WoW zones are pretty small compare to rifts zones so that would make up for it ;-) Srsly people moan about anything these days.. Not like it? Don't PLAY it!
    http://images.mmorpg.com//images/gal...e19230c56e.jpg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17