+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Please Trion, develop a PvPvE Warfront! Something Large Scale

Default Please Trion, develop a PvPvE Warfront! Something Large Scale

from the PC Gamer article, you made it sound as if being a PvPvE Instanced PvP area was a bad thing.

I would totally disagree that PvPvE Warfronts are negative, but are actually a positive to any Faction vs Faction mmorpg game.

Please reconsider giving us(the players) a Warfront with both PvP and PvE elements.

nothing I miss more was Old Alterac Valley from Vanilla WoW, which has never been the same since Blizzard nerfed and changed it to its current form.

*it was Large scale 80 players

*It had neutral NPC factions

*Tons of Powerful Elite Faction Summon Units. (back then, these NPC were much stronger in comparison to their ratio to players in WoW today. Today, their damage and HP pools are shallow in ratio to players of that lvl bracket)

*Powerful Bosses, and warlord Elites that required both PvP Tactics and PvE tactics to defeat.
    *Large Map
    *Many things to cap and destroy
    *Many different terrains and ledges to fight from
    *even had PvPvE quest

I want something like this in Rift.

Some players dont like PvPvE warfronts, but thats the beauty of it. It Optional to play, and benefits the fans of that style of gameplay, without hampering the players that dont enjoy that style of gameplay.

Soulwalker

I'd be all for this.

The way I see it, the PvP servers are actually PvPvE, not just outright PvP. A PvPvE instanced Warfront would be aimed primarily at players on a PvE server that want PvP as it is on a PvP server, just not all the time.

Ascendant

I'd rather see something like Darkness Falls from Daoc, PvP an pve all at once in a massive dungeon.

Please make it so you have to do the objectives first. Instead of one side " zerging " the PvE boss to win.
    50 Adequate - Seastone - Cleric - Defiant
    50 Adequate - Laethys - Mage - Guardian

I had my own spin on it that I had for the community contest to design a warfront.

Cross Server Instanced battleground: code name ( Tempest Gorge )

(Please excuse map texture, since I originally came up with this idea for WoW, but it fits Rift's 2 faction design as well.)

Tempest Gorge, is a new persistent Cross Server PvP zone. What makes Tempest Gorge different from other OWPvP gameplay in the game , is the fact that this zone functions similar to a BG, in which it is a Cross Server area. Players from their Warfront network can enter Tempest Gorge and play alongside other players from different servers, as long as they are in the same Warfront network, similar to the way WF queues function.

What Makes Tempest Gorge different from other Warfronts games that may be in the game, is the fact that players can freely enter and leave this zone at will, without restrictions, unlike WF games. This Zone has no fixed population cap, other than server strength (similar to OWPvP design).Tempest Gorge is much larger than its WF counterpart.

How Does Tempest Gorge work?

Tempest Gorge is a week long constant battle. A Point system is in place, that counts your faction’s total actions points gain for each action done, such as defeating Faction NPC, destroying Towers, collecting resources, killing players, destroying vehicles, defeating neutral faction NPC, repairing towers, summoning units, capping Grave yards, and doing the repeatable zone quest.

In Tempest Gorge, the zone is filled NPC both from each playable faction, with even more NPC joining the fight as neutral factions. This new Zone, adds both PvP objectives, and Large Scale PvE Objectives all in one.

Air Combat and Flying Sieges:

In Tempest Gorge, Air Combat deals with main Ariel Gunship, 1 for each of the playable factions. Players get to access to 6 flying vehicles, 3 per faction. All Air Vehicles are mounted from the gunship. The Gunships loop around the zone in a large 8 shape as it follows the river. Each Gunship has battle turrets, and bombers, making it great for AIR-2-AIR combat, and AIR-2-GROUND combat. The mountable Air sieges are the following: Blimp (The Defiant) Zeppelin (Guardians), Airplane (Guardians), helicopter (The Defiant)), Gryphon (Guardians), Dragon (The Defiant)). But be careful, the Defiant/Guardians, isn’t your only enemy in the air. The Sky Elementals has joined the fight, and will attack all their enemies that linger in the sky.

Naval Combat:

Naval Combat is a new feature added to this Tempest Gorge which takes place in the newly added river. Naval Vehicles include:

*Powerful Battleships-the Icebreaker (Defiant) and Juggernaut (Guardian). (Only 2 battle ships can be used at any time per factions.)

*Elven Destroyer- High Elf and Bahmi destroyers.

*Submarines- Dwarfish Submarine (Guardian) and Kelari Submarine (Defiant).

*Frigate- Human Warship (Guardian) and Forsaken Vessel (Defiant)

Naval Ships, provide great SEA-2-SEA combat, and great SEA-2-GROUND combat. But be careful. The Naga, have stormed the river with their giant Sea Turtle and Sea Crab, to put an end to both the Guardian and the Defiant Naval forces.

Neutral Factions:

Tempest Gorge, features many neutral hostile factions, that will attack Guardian/Defiant forces. Many of these Neutral Factions host a capture-able (building/resource/Grave yard) of some kind. In the center of the map, is a Keep being controlled by the Dark Rogue Guild. The Keep is built on top of a Cave in which the River goes through. The Troll tribes have decided to return, to take back control of the Gorge. A Heroic Boss Elite Troll can be found guarding each of the Neutral Graveyards, and neutral tower in the center of map. The Yeti, Undead, and Elemental’ army has also grown with numbers, and powers. These groups wonder the Gorge, attacking all in their path. These factions can take cap points for their self, if ignored. The only way to stop these factions, are to defeat their rift leaders (Heroic Boss Elites) that hide in the rifts in the caves scattered around Tempest gorge. The Sky Elementals will attack both Defiant and Guardian members from the Sky and ground. The Naga guard the river from intruders.

Ground Sieges:

*Siege Engine

*Demolisher

*Catapult

*Spike Thrower

*Steam Armor – is a siege used to collect special resources in the zone (Features a Jackhammer arm for collecting Ores, Lasers Lens for great Ground to Air combat, and has a flame thrower)

*Shredder – is a siege used to collect Special resources in the zone. (Features a shredder blade, and rockets that can attack air units. Also throws Grenades)

Quote Originally Posted by Tasogie View Post
    I'd rather see something like Darkness Falls from Daoc, PvP an pve all at once in a massive dungeon.
    +1

Darkness Falls was awesome. DAoC had so many things right, but quite a few things wrong.

I wish Rift had 3 factions, that's probably the best part about DAoC.
    its = possessive, it's = it is | whose = possessive, who's = who is | your = possessive, you're = you are | too = also or too much, to = to go or to do, two = 2 | their = possessive, there = a place, they're = they are | than = comparative, then = deals with time

Been playing Rogue since birth!

I hope they dont mix pvp and pve, there was nothing fun about having a lvl 85 come demolish the starter zone npcs. I know some of you brats who got nothing but time to watse think it's funny watching others wait around for a respawn of npcs but it's really not.

Quote Originally Posted by tro44 View Post
    from the PC Gamer article, you made it sound as if being a PvPvE Instanced PvP area was a bad thing.

I would totally disagree that PvPvE Warfronts are negative, but are actually a positive to any Faction vs Faction mmorpg game.

Please reconsider giving us(the players) a Warfront with both PvP and PvE elements.

nothing I miss more was Old Alterac Valley from Vanilla WoW, which has never been the same since Blizzard nerfed and changed it to its current form.

*Tons of Powerful Elite Faction Summon Units. (back then, these NPC were much stronger in comparison to their ratio to players in WoW today. Today, their damage and HP pools are shallow in ratio to players of that lvl bracket)

*Powerful Bosses, and warlord Elites that required both PvP Tactics and PvE tactics to defeat.
    *Large Map
    *even had PvPvE quest

Some players dont like PvPvE warfronts, but thats the beauty of it. It Optional to play, and benefits the fans of that style of gameplay, without hampering the players that dont enjoy that style of gameplay.
    just wondering, what gave you the idea they are not there? (not that i am saying that they are but considering the work they did on instances and what we hear on raid instances i suspect they are to an extend)

http://tinyurl.com/RaremobsSL < Almost complete SL rare list.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittis View Post
    I hope they dont mix pvp and pve, there was nothing fun about having a lvl 85 come demolish the starter zone npcs. I know some of you brats who got nothing but time to watse think it's funny watching others wait around for a respawn of npcs but it's really not.
    You should try to understand the post before commenting on it with insults. Makes you look like an idiot. Just saying.

I would love to see something like Darkness Falls as others have commented, however I think I would actually like to see something a bit different in Rift too. I would make a contested zone as outlined above, with with serial objectives ( ie must take one before the other is vulnerable). Each objective would give some kind of global bonus and access to a restricted dungeon. I would also stick the warfronts on several limbs off of this zone and require people to go to each of these areas in order to engage in that warfront. There would be bonuses for whatever side won the scenario that would be helpful in conquering the contested zone.
    Last edited by dheron; 01-04-2011 at 05:40 AM.

i miss old alterac too, there wasnt better pvp expierence than one we had back then, and i never figured why they didnt just made 2x alterac valleys , one slow and epic, one fast for those grinders..

would rly love one like that in rift
    Last edited by Aistis; 01-04-2011 at 05:35 AM.
    Need new Signature
    Old one is from 2010
    Cant be bothered to think of a new one!

Oh God! Go back to WoW if you really miss AV
    That bg sucked and was a joke... seriously, if you wanna pve do raids, if you wanna pvp do Open PvP. That's the way
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=220830&dateline=12976  83052
    ¸.-~·*Leelium - Healer Cleric - BloodPact *·~-.,¸
    ¸.-~·*Video Section (almost all user videos about rift)*·~-.,¸

Am I alone in thinking the PvE aspects of the old Alterac Valley were a detriment? I loved AV overall, but mainly for the massive conflicts at chokepoints, the races to claim the middle graveyards, and the ability of a few players (or even just one player) to sneak behind enemy lines and flip a graveyard to change the whole course of the battle.

Killing animals for items, looting players for items to turn in and summon a huge NPC to fight for you or trying to protect your NPC lieutenants were really kind of a turnoff for me. I PvP to do just that... battle against other players. While it was great to be able to solo Balinda as a warlock, or a lieutenant with all of his guards, it wasn't as much fun as the real PvP that went on in the zone.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Quote Originally Posted by Dinadass View Post
    Am I alone in thinking the PvE aspects of the old Alterac Valley were a detriment? I loved AV overall, but mainly for the massive conflicts at chokepoints, the races to claim the middle graveyards, and the ability of a few players (or even just one player) to sneak behind enemy lines and flip a graveyard to change the whole course of the battle.

Killing animals for items, looting players for items to turn in and summon a huge NPC to fight for you or trying to protect your NPC lieutenants were really kind of a turnoff for me. I PvP to do just that... battle against other players. While it was great to be able to solo Balinda as a warlock, or a lieutenant with all of his guards, it wasn't as much fun as the real PvP that went on in the zone.
    There are other ways to implement PvPvE, and AV is a bad example of it.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=220830&dateline=12976  83052
    ¸.-~·*Leelium - Healer Cleric - BloodPact *·~-.,¸
    ¸.-~·*Video Section (almost all user videos about rift)*·~-.,¸

*Large Map
    *even had PvPvE quest

as an optional warfront... i'd agree.. the minute they pull the aion stunts though i promise an exodus beginning.. pvpve instances are pvp.. period.. the pve has to be so dumbed down it makes it pathetic as aion showed.

personaly i agree with trion on this pvpve holds no interest for me.
    And Shepard's we shall be for thee my lord for thee, power hath descendant forth from thy hand, may our feet swiftly carry on thy command, so we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be

In nomeni Patri et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.

*Large Map
    *even had PvPvE quest

This sort of thing is almost SURELY in at least SOME of the Warfronts. Here's a novel thought... Test the game and THEN tell Trion what you think could be improved.
    Last edited by MacDeath; 01-04-2011 at 06:00 AM.
    Mac

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast