+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Please Trion, develop a PvPvE Warfront! Something Large Scale

Quote Originally Posted by Sawako View Post
    There are other ways to implement PvPvE, and AV is a bad example of it.
    What are some good ones? Be warned, if you say anything about vehicles, I'll make a voodoo doll with your avatar on it...

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

PvPvE dungeons - yes.

PvPvE warfronts - hell naw.

The fact of the matter is that any PvE mixed up in PvP is always at the detriment of the quality of the PvP that occurs in that particular environment. AV is the absolute perfect example of this - once players worked out zerging the bosses was the best way to win and get fast honour, there was no more PvP.

Fighting over bosses/loot brings an extra element of fun to otherwise samey and generally boring PvE. I'm all for that, but please don't ruin Warfronts with too much PvE. Please.
    Defiant Mage <Roots>
    Guardian Mage <Crowd Control> - inactive
    #crowdcontrol irc.quakenet.org
    Staff Writer for Rift Junkies.
    DAoC/Warhammer/Aion/Rift PvP videos@YouTube

It would have to feature Rifts and Invasions ofc

I hope there is something like that in the game tbh as op described, Old AV was like a great version of outdoor zerging, it was rvr done right and while it was frustrating at times i feel it was also the pinacle of battlegrounding wow ever had. War and aoc realy missed that train thinking their overland open pvp would compensate for it but i honestly did not feel in any zone take or battlekeep siege as amused and "into" it as i did during original av, mines at alliance bridge anyone ? lfg korrak..

anyway aslong as trion offers alternatives to it in other battlegrounds i definitly feel this is a thing that NEEDS to be in the game.
    Harkain:.
    .:Admin | Precept
    www.precept.cc

Shadowlander

If they make PvP zone include PvE content please don't make it like the Aion Dredg....please. PvP zones should be about PvP not badly disguised PvE zergfests. Hopefully Triton provides a variety of PvP waterfront options with very little emphasis on PvE the rest of the game is devoted to PvE.
    Last edited by Geflin; 01-04-2011 at 06:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mirieth View Post
    PvPvE dungeons - yes.

PvPvE warfronts - hell naw.

The fact of the matter is that any PvE mixed up in PvP is always at the detriment of the quality of the PvP that occurs in that particular environment. AV is the absolute perfect example of this - once players worked out zerging the bosses was the best way to win and get fast honour, there was no more PvP.

Fighting over bosses/loot brings an extra element of fun to otherwise samey and generally boring PvE. I'm all for that, but please don't ruin Warfronts with too much PvE. Please.
    zerging only became a tactic after Blizzard changed AV. before then, the Warmasters were way too strong to off tank at once. zerging didnt work. so that argument means nothing, since am talking about Old AV, not current AV which are two different things

Quote Originally Posted by MacDeath View Post
    This sort of thing is almost SURELY in at least SOME of the Warfronts. Here's a novel thought... Test the game and THEN tell Trion what you think could be improved.
    maybe NO! because Trion said the npc in the Warfronts are only for show.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tasogie View Post
    I'd rather see something like Darkness Falls from Daoc, PvP an pve all at once in a massive dungeon.
    I loved Darkness Falls from DAoC
    Thread Promo: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...nity-approach.

Partial MMO History including: EQ1 ,EQ2,DAoC,WAR,WoW,CoH/V,EVE,LotRO,V:SoH,AoC,Allods,RyL,L2,AC2,CoS, PoBS,VC,Wurm,SL,PS,SWG,PL(iOS),Aion,HZ,STO,BOI,DDO ,DCU MoreSigSpacePlease.

Quote Originally Posted by Harkain View Post
    I hope there is something like that in the game tbh as op described, Old AV was like a great version of outdoor zerging, it was rvr done right and while it was frustrating at times i feel it was also the pinacle of battlegrounding wow ever had. War and aoc realy missed that train thinking their overland open pvp would compensate for it but i honestly did not feel in any zone take or battlekeep siege as amused and "into" it as i did during original av, mines at alliance bridge anyone ? lfg korrak..

anyway aslong as trion offers alternatives to it in other battlegrounds i definitly feel this is a thing that NEEDS to be in the game.
    thank you. people seem to be copnfusing my suggestion with the current form of AV, which I am not suggesting.

in Vanilla WoW, AV wasnt just a zerg fest to the generals. there wasnt even a resource countdown system that you see today. there were many more npc in the game. and a boss troll use to guard a Middle GY.

also the NPC in this zone could do serios damage back then. NPC in current AV are weak and hit like a sissy. I remember getting bombed to death in Old AV by the flyers, but the same thing happen in current AV and it didnt even dent me

Soulwalker

Default PVP and Archers

In most games archers seem to be over powered (to me anyway).
    If Trion were to give a penalty to archers who are not focusing on the person up in their face I think it would be more realistic/balanced.
    In the videos I've see the archer just keeps plugging away at his target w/ little regard to the pet or person attacking them. If nothing is done, we are going to be FLOODED with hunters like WOW. Say maybe a to hit penalty on the archer and a damage bonus on the attacker?
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Sawako View Post
    Oh God! Go back to WoW if you really miss AV
    This is one of those "What are you smoking" moments.

Vanilla AV was the pinnacle of instanced battlegrounds. It truly was one of the greatest things that ever happened to instanced PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wat View Post
    When a flat-chested girl hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlugon Pyro View Post
    I have a bottle right next to me but if attractive women looked like that I might as well be gay.

open pvp with meaningful objectives please as in DAOC and WAR

screw instanced pvp imo

Quote Originally Posted by Lomme View Post
    +1

Darkness Falls was awesome. DAoC had so many things right, but quite a few things wrong.

I wish Rift had 3 factions, that's probably the best part about DAoC.
    totally agreee Darkness falls was alot of fun, and also agree about the third faction

Quote Originally Posted by Takauri View Post
    open pvp with meaningful objectives please as in DAOC and WAR

screw instanced pvp imo
    and I agree I never liked the Instanced pvp.

frontiers

instanced pvp is just more viable for the general population. with open world pvp objectives unless balanced properly, there is always the hardcores that can and will camp the spots they want need/dominte over people who don't have as much time. I know this isn't always true, but in DAoC, Shadowbane and WAR(mind you most of these games i played from launch date, obviously dealing with release problems all games have) i ran into similar scenarios where guilds of 24/7ers would dominate over the casuals leading to QQing of epic proportions leading to balancing leading to more QQ...and so on.

random grouped instanced pvp atleast takes some of those variables out
    im not AGAINST open world pvp, but in wow when it was attempted with WG the balancing was horrid and was almsot never a fairly matched game, once again leading to QQbalancing...
    so im just saying its gotta be done right, and hopefully "meaningful" in some way past the favour
    Last edited by Ashton64; 01-04-2011 at 03:57 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast