+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: What 10 things would you like to see Trion Add or change?

Telaran

Default What 10 things would you like to see Trion Add or change?

Here my list of 10 ideas I'd like Trion to consider.

1. The ability to redesign the appearance of my character. I had a low in video card when I started and now I'd like to make improvements. ( adds nothing to the game, just my appreciation of it. )

2. The ability to switch factions. Now that I understand the Lore I might like to switch sides.

3. The ability to do dungeons with either faction. I'm on a PVE server, I don't care about the war. We are hunting together in the same places. Why not let us play together? Our server is like a ghost land. It sucks to have a perfectly good player soloing right next to me because of PVP limitations I'm not concerned with. Perhaps have the forming of a cross faction group or raid turn off the ability for party members to initiate pvp? Maybe allow cross faction parties only for groups using the LFG tool? A button that says form cross faction group and then let us either invite someone from either faction or random from either faction. Then maybe same shard limitations wouldn't be so bad?

4. Allow guild Alliances or guild nations. This would be a huge boon to smaller and medium size guilds that are unwilling to break apart but that are excluded from content. This would help everyone as numbers are a big deal to everyone.

5. Let us change servers, or make LTG a cross server tool.

6. Make Tank Gear and Heal gear easier to get. The problem I see is that when faced with the options of gear more people select DPS and then can not Tank or Heal. Tanks and Healers are the bottleneck for Experts at least on my server. More Tanks and Healers = more groups forming.

7. More costume gear, we have far to few variations in appearance. Please, this isn't Guildwars.

8. Give at least one warrior tank build a Combat Rez. Clerics and Mages have one, Tanking Clerics have one.

9. Please, keep adding content, that's the key in my mind, along with finding ways to let us form groups to make it happen. I'd like to see the world bigger to. It's going to get borring regardless of how cool it is today.

10. Trion, pat yourself on the back. Sure there are things that would be awesome to add but overall only Blizzard has released a better product at launch than you have and I don't think they were as fast at making improvement.

1. Server Merges
    10. Server Merges
    100. Server Merges
    Got an itch for anime? Visit my anime thread here!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

Ascendant

1. RvR
    2. Fluff!!

That would be enough for me.

1. Open World Pvp (Similar to Warhammer's)
    2. Broaden the level requirements in the lfg for lower levels so group finding is easier
    3. Merge Shards (get rid of maybe 1/3 of the lower pop shards so most if not all will be high-full)
    4. Do not make the lfg system cross shard. Shard Merges will fix the problem of not enough groups going around
    5. The addition of Future warfronts
    6. Keep pumping out content at the rate you are doing so now
    7. Character Customization (Such as a barber shop)
    8. Guild Alliances as mentioned above would be nice as well
    9. Shared Storage between characters
    10. Dont nerf dungeons and experts anymore, they are easy enough as it is. Try to find a medium between hardcore and casual. Because that will keep the game's population healthy and happy

All in all i believe rift has great potential and a bright future but shard merges has to happen for the good and future of this game. It doesn't look good on paper but the community will be happier. I even disagree with shard transfers. I think that they will only make the low pop shards more barren and high-full shards even more crowded creating further problems.
    "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day." -George Carlin

Plane Walker

1. Improved macro management
    2. More macro slots
    3. UI enhancements (possibly add-ins)
    4. More WF maps

Pretty happy with most everything else.

1. Guild Banks
    2. Guild Alliances would be cool too
    3. A few more 10 mans
    4. Incorporate Rifts a little more

So far solid game though!

Rift Disciple

1. open up new area's
    2. add hunting and fishing
    3. new trade skills, cooking, something to do with scrolls
    4. set bonus on gear
    5. something to spend achivement points on (whats the point of those anyway?)
    6. a mount that flies
    7. underwater city or dungeon.

Account warehouse. Gets tiring mailing my different crafters tons of mats from the gatherers.

Soulwalker

1. T2 instances
    2. Revamp of the PvP-prestige system so that it doesnt feel like just another grind (or arenas 2v2, 3v3, 5v5,10v10 or something)
    3. More WF's
    10. More of nr1 and nr3 if possible

Shadowlander

1. Allow Rangers to 'tame' other wild animals - it's really boring seeing everyone with the exact same pet.
    2. Guild Bank >.<
    3. Addons or at least a built in DPS & Threat meter

That's all from me for now!
    - Level 50 Guardian Rogue -

Quote Originally Posted by Crucible View Post
    1. open up new area's
    2. add hunting and fishing
    3. new trade skills, cooking, something to do with scrolls
    4. set bonus on gear
    5. something to spend achivement points on (whats the point of those anyway?)
    6. a mount that flies
    7. underwater city or dungeon.
    This is WoW Cataclysm.
    My blog about stuff
    Silver-60 Guardian Cleric of Shatterbone
    Order of the White Turtle

Shadowlander

1. Guild banks
    2. Player Housing
    3. More side stories/lore that isn't directly tied to the main storyline
    4. More playable races
    5. Guild halls
    6. More dungeons
    7. Server merges
    8. The option to dungeon group with players outside the given shard (looking for dungeon tool does NOT work on my server if you are not level 50. 8 hours in queue at any given time)
    9. More envasions
    10. more armor style choices (not a huge deal but had a hard time coming up with 10! only the top 4 are things that really bug me )

1-10: Everything that EQ2 has
    Strider
    Voted Best Bard on Sunrest 2011*
    *by myself

Shadowlander

1. adjust the cost of the portals depending on the distance you are going? Like if i go to chancellor of labor to turn in a daily then want to hop over to the other side of IPP its the same as if i were to go from meridian to there.

2. if you are going to make a cross shard LFD tool give the option to pick "only on your shard" and "cross shard" so people can pick if they want to go off shard for a que.

3. Dont merge shards (some of us like low population), instead, give a one time x fer to a different shard.

4. dont allow faction changes, if you want a different faction make another character.

5. keep classes specific. warriors should be the best tanks, rogues best melee dps, mages best range dps, clerics best healers.. dont sway from this to make people happy so they can have a mage that can tank on par with a warrior or heal on par with a cleric. keeping classes specifc to their on best is what makes the game different. in wow a pally and druid could tank as well as a warrior. thats not the way they should be.

6. Guild house with a guild bank would be cool. could have it set so the guild has to be a certain lvl to get the guild house and a bit higher to get the bank. would give guilds a reason to lvl.

7. the ability to mold stats on crafted armor. i.e. if a chest has base of 20 wis, 10 int, 15 endurance be able to take some points from endurance and int and add it to the wis before you create it. that plus the augments would make crafted armor nice and unique.

8. id like to at least be able to change hair style like the barber shop in wow.

9. the ability to open all mail at once. its annoying to have to open each letter and then take each attachment. have a "click this to open all mail and attachments" button.

10. mentor program so if i'm lvl 50 and i want to help a lvl 30 friend, my lvl can be modified (while grouped with them)so they get full xp instead of my lvl taking most of their xp.

and the bonus:

11. take the xp from quests at lvl 50 (cant get xp anyway) and give a bit more coin for doing the quests.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by endless Bishop View Post
    Here my list of 10 ideas I'd like Trion to consider.

1. The ability to redesign the appearance of my character. I had a low in video card when I started and now I'd like to make improvements. ( adds nothing to the game, just my appreciation of it. )

2. The ability to switch factions. Now that I understand the Lore I might like to switch sides.

3. The ability to do dungeons with either faction. I'm on a PVE server, I don't care about the war. We are hunting together in the same places. Why not let us play together? Our server is like a ghost land. It sucks to have a perfectly good player soloing right next to me because of PVP limitations I'm not concerned with. Perhaps have the forming of a cross faction group or raid turn off the ability for party members to initiate pvp? Maybe allow cross faction parties only for groups using the LFG tool? A button that says form cross faction group and then let us either invite someone from either faction or random from either faction. Then maybe same shard limitations wouldn't be so bad?

4. Allow guild Alliances or guild nations. This would be a huge boon to smaller and medium size guilds that are unwilling to break apart but that are excluded from content. This would help everyone as numbers are a big deal to everyone.

5. Let us change servers, or make LTG a cross server tool.

6. Make Tank Gear and Heal gear easier to get. The problem I see is that when faced with the options of gear more people select DPS and then can not Tank or Heal. Tanks and Healers are the bottleneck for Experts at least on my server. More Tanks and Healers = more groups forming.

7. More costume gear, we have far to few variations in appearance. Please, this isn't Guildwars.

8. Give at least one warrior tank build a Combat Rez. Clerics and Mages have one, Tanking Clerics have one.

9. Please, keep adding content, that's the key in my mind, along with finding ways to let us form groups to make it happen. I'd like to see the world bigger to. It's going to get borring regardless of how cool it is today.

10. Trion, pat yourself on the back. Sure there are things that would be awesome to add but overall only Blizzard has released a better product at launch than you have and I don't think they were as fast at making improvement.
    I object to all of your suggestions:

1. Worthless
    2. There is absolutely no way that this could be possible or make sense. Reroll if you hate your side that much.
    3. There are two opposing factions, regardless of PvE or PvP. Not going to happen.
    4. Use friends feature
    5. No cross server LFG please.
    6. I see lots of tanking and healing gear drop. A change is not necessary.
    7. I don't really care about this.
    8. This game is already in easy mode. It doesn't need to be easier.
    9. Right, because Trion can snap their fingers and make another continent. Leave if you get bored.
    10. Um, World of Warcraft was absolute garbage at launch. Rift at launch was certainly better than WoW at launch.
    Last edited by Arrow_Raider; 05-13-2011 at 08:33 AM.
    Raaaawwr

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast