Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Vote kick = BAD

Telaran

Default Vote kick = BAD

Yep I got kicked, all for sticking up for my build.

Rogue in group say "just so you know xyz is better"

I reply "just so you know your not my class"

him " lol I have a 50 of that class"

me " then go play xyz on him then"

vote kicked cause I was the LFG pick up for their guild group ....

Total garbage. ... Vote kick = Elitist play.

You are already condoning it with your T1/T2 requirements ... who mandates those requirements. So in my experimentation if I don't meet an off requirement like X of a certain stat I can't run that instance without scrapping a team together the old way?

Pft... the flexibility that wast the appeal to this game is becoming rigid every patch.

Ascendant

Default I'm sure that you're wrong...

I'm sorry, all the posters that were posting for LFG tools told us that there couldn't possibly be any abuse of that system, so you must be making this up.
    / sarcasm off

Plane Walker

If 4 people vote to kick you, then they didn't want you there. Simple as that. Doesn't matter who was right.

Your case isn't the usual one. Most of the time people don't kick players out of the LFG tool..it is usually pretty easy to complete most zones using any spec.

And the vote is not bad. Imagine a random person in group going around pulling every mob in the zone. I bet you would love a vote kick then.
    Looking for a mature, casual guild focused on having fun?
    Ravens of Memory
    Guardians on Shatterbone

ITT : Player talks rudely to a guild group and gets kicked.

Seriously man... even without vote kick they would have kicked you because the leader would have been from their guild. You're just upset because you cannot be flippant with someone and be immune to the consequences.
    Trust not those that come swathed in pretty words but only those that lie naked in their actions.

Rift Disciple

sorry but from what explanation you would have been kicked anyway with or without vote kick, the leader would just have kicked you instead, not saying it was fair or anything, but that what would have happened instead likely

in that way a votekick is FAR better than the leader being able to kick anyone at HIS desire ONLY.

Also about the T1/T2 req's actually they are about 10lower in those stats than pretty much all groups expected before... since well you wouldn't be able to contribute otherwise... a tank with less than 50toughness on t1 would need a sick good healer to be kept up and any person with less than 50hit would miss a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansanity View Post
    It was even funnier in certain other games; where a leather clad cow (heh heh) then shapeshifts into a completely unarmoured bear-tank... but no one really minded that... because it's maaaagic (whereas a mage isn't?!).

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ashmedai View Post
    ITT : Player talks rudely to a guild group and gets kicked.

Seriously man... even without vote kick they would have kicked you because the leader would have been from their guild. You're just upset because you cannot be flippant with someone and be immune to the consequences.
    Not sure "rudely" is true... but yah, 1 player disagreed with 4 players for what ever reason.

Sorry OP, but can you imagine how horrible the run would be if there was no kick feature? While this may not be your fault, confrontation is imminent.

While I sympathise with you being kicked unjustly (and I have been myself plenty of times on WoW),

The vote to kick function is a necessity when pubbing with randoms using the LFG tool,

I've already had to use the kick vote function to kick jerks/trolling players from the group who either start arguments with other players or flat out refuse to participate in the instance, intentionally wipe and or trollish behaivour, or people who just go afk int he middle of an isntance for extended periods of time.

So you got kicked because 4/5 of the players didn't like you (or your build) for whatever reason,

Majority rules in this case, democracy at it's finest.
    Get over it, go find another group or make one yourself as the leader, or just don't use LFG tool and stick to finding groups the old fashioned way, where you can play whatever build you choose.

By the soudns of it, you came off sounding like a jerk anyway
    "XYZ is better" a simple "Thanks for the suggestion - I'm just testing my own build out for now" wouldn't have gotten you kicked probably.

/my 2c

This is the dark side of a necessary tool.

Be glad you got kicked for that and not just before the fall of the last boss to assure a guildie's loot.

It's sad that you can't stand for your opinion, but then again you could have just said something along the lines of "yeah sure" and disregarded his comment. Then there wouldn't have been any more fuss.

"Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages." - Terry Pratchett

see it this way: you don't have to read the chat anymore or be in a guild to find groups!

Plane Touched

Seriously, if 4 others voted you out...your build obviously wasn't good.

Default You should get on your knees and thank vote-kick. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Drenai View Post
    If 4 people vote to kick you, then they didn't want you there. Simple as that. Doesn't matter who was right.
    ^^ This. Man, the votekick did you a huge favor.

It's much better that you got away from those other 4 early on. It would have been much worse if you actually had to stay through all the disagreements and nastiness. Or, if you got to the end boss and that awesome epic leather piece dropped, and their warrior rolled need on it. It would have happened. Oh yes, you know it would have. After all, you're not in their guild, and they are fine with antagonizing people, apparently.

I know the experience sucked (and you must be wishing you had left before they could kick you; get over it), but it would have sucked more if you hadn't been kicked.

Shield of Telara

OP obviously doesn't realise that even before the LFG tool group leaders could boot anyone they liked out of groups.

Plane Touched

On the plus side, you now have 4 more people on your ignore list, right? You will never ever have to be grouped with them again by the LFG tool. Enough people put them on ignore, they will have a hard time finding a 5th

I still haven't used this feature, and probably won't. I don't like drama. I suspect most groups are actually fun to run with, you just have to put up with the occasional jerkfaces and doodyheads
    ------------------------------------
    Please do me right now. On the kitchen table. On the bed. On the couch. Hell, I'll even take the floor in front of the T.V. I don't care, I just need you to do me like I've never been done before. - Your Homework
    ------------------------------------
    "The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse [lady of commercial virtue]. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary." - James Nicoll

Telaran

Or he got kicked because the other 4 were in a guild and were arsehats.

I haven't had that in Rift yet, thankfully, but I've definitely had my fair share of 4 guildies in a group ganging up on me because of what I said.

In one run that I was tanking I politely asked one of the hunters to trap one mob and silence another. In return all I got was abuse from the other 4. Then subsequently got kicked.

The way I see it, the OP was kicked because someone else wanted to tell him how to play his class and didn't like the fact that the OP wanted to play their own way.

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaXpC View Post
    Seriously, if 4 others voted you out...your build obviously wasn't good.
    Yeah.

Riiiiight...
    "You'll never take my libido alive!" - Jason

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast