+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38

Thread: Trion gives in to QQ, proof

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    264

    Default Trion gives in to QQ, proof

    River of Souls: Reduced the amount of standard pulls in River of Souls due to popular demand!
    Seriously? We're giving into the whiners now? Come on Trion, I had better hopes than that. Does this mean that if people "demand" to have no trash and bosses to have 250 HP, it'll happen too? Stop nerfing the already-limited content.

  2. #2
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosInc View Post
    Seriously? We're giving into the whiners now? Come on Trion, I had better hopes than that. Does this mean that if people "demand" to have no trash and bosses to have 250 HP, it'll happen too? Stop nerfing the already-limited content.
    Some people see that as giving into whiners. Some people see it as majority rules. As far as I know, Trion made a game for people play. People then have to pay money to play it. How stupid would they be to not listen to people, at all.

    Trion doesn't implement everything everyone suggests, just because it's suggested. But they do listen to a number of complaints, test the complaints and decide if this change can be made. Apparently, they decided it could.

    So their choices were, listen to people x, listen to people y, or give up and go home.

    They made a choice. Some people won't like it, some will. This time you lost. Next time you might win.

    In the meantime, proof that a company is listening to players isn't a bad thing, necessarily, even though some people want to portray it as such.

    Every other company has pretty much learned that decisions they make that keep the bulk of the players is better than decisions they make that lose the bulk of the players. That's a pretty successful business tactic if you ask me.

    So basically I'm saying I trust Trion's opinions (because they have more facts and info than you do) more than I trust yours.

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Is it just me or is the sarcasm of whining about whiners lost on the OP here?

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nagennif View Post
    Some people see that as giving into whiners. Some people see it as majority rules. As far as I know, Trion made a game for people play. People then have to pay money to play it. How stupid would they be to not listen to people, at all.

    Trion doesn't implement everything everyone suggests, just because it's suggested. But they do listen to a number of complaints, test the complaints and decide if this change can be made. Apparently, they decided it could.

    So their choices were, listen to people x, listen to people y, or give up and go home.

    They made a choice. Some people won't like it, some will. This time you lost. Next time you might win.

    In the meantime, proof that a company is listening to players isn't a bad thing, necessarily, even though some people want to portray it as such.

    Every other company has pretty much learned that decisions they make that keep the bulk of the players is better than decisions they make that lose the bulk of the players. That's a pretty successful business tactic if you ask me.

    So basically I'm saying I trust Trion's opinions (because they have more facts and info than you do) more than I trust yours.
    Indeed, I realize all of this. However, with the non-stop daily flood of "no endgame content" complaints (validity is a subjective thing), the last thing that should be happening at this point is making it easier and faster to blow through it.

    As I just posted in another thread, at release the tone was "it's supposed to be hard, deal with it", now it seems people have become soft. Honestly, I'm disappointed in the "dumbing it down" trend that seems to be happening to pretty much all of the endgame content.

  5. #5
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    667

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nagennif View Post
    Some people see that as giving into whiners. Some people see it as majority rules. As far as I know, Trion made a game for people play. People then have to pay money to play it. How stupid would they be to not listen to people, at all.

    Trion doesn't implement everything everyone suggests, just because it's suggested. But they do listen to a number of complaints, test the complaints and decide if this change can be made. Apparently, they decided it could.

    So their choices were, listen to people x, listen to people y, or give up and go home.

    They made a choice. Some people won't like it, some will. This time you lost. Next time you might win.

    In the meantime, proof that a company is listening to players isn't a bad thing, necessarily, even though some people want to portray it as such.

    Every other company has pretty much learned that decisions they make that keep the bulk of the players is better than decisions they make that lose the bulk of the players. That's a pretty successful business tactic if you ask me.

    So basically I'm saying I trust Trion's opinions (because they have more facts and info than you do) more than I trust yours.
    OMG YOU SOUND SMART. are you smart you sure sound smart to me... i think your smart, op is dumb u not be like op u be smart, ok. kthnxbye.

  6. #6
    Telaran stavi82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    59

    Default

    I imagine 95% of the people that complained about the difficulty of Rift use cheat codes in their Facebook games.

    "The Purple Mathosian Eater"

  7. #7
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tatersaladin View Post
    OMG YOU SOUND SMART. are you smart you sure sound smart to me... i think your smart, op is dumb u not be like op u be smart, ok. kthnxbye.
    Bizarro, did Superman send you here on a timeout again?

  8. #8
    Champion of Telara Shokenaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Inside your head
    Posts
    1,258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosInc View Post
    Seriously? We're giving into the whiners now? Come on Trion, I had better hopes than that. Does this mean that if people "demand" to have no trash and bosses to have 250 HP, it'll happen too? Stop nerfing the already-limited content.
    Have you stepped foot in there? I doubt it, cause if you had, you'd know it was a bit on the silly side
    ||There is no patch for human stupidity||

  9. #9
    Telaran stavi82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shokenaw View Post
    Have you stepped foot in there? I doubt it, cause if you had, you'd know it was a bit on the silly side
    It does look like a Greek orgy in there...

    "The Purple Mathosian Eater"

  10. #10
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosInc View Post
    Indeed, I realize all of this. However, with the non-stop daily flood of "no endgame content" complaints (validity is a subjective thing), the last thing that should be happening at this point is making it easier and faster to blow through it.

    As I just posted in another thread, at release the tone was "it's supposed to be hard, deal with it", now it seems people have become soft. Honestly, I'm disappointed in the "dumbing it down" trend that seems to be happening to pretty much all of the endgame content.
    I disagree. Maybe there was no end game content before for casuals, and now there is. And only the hard core bored people are the ones who say there's no end game content.

    You can't please everyone. There are plenty of people who want to see content that don't really love to raid. So this is a balance, one not fair to anyone if you ask me.

    I posted on another thread, an idea about having a harder version of the dungeon left in tact, and an easier version for casuals who get far less reward, but can still do content.

    Do you know who shouted that idea down? The hard core players who kept saying the game was easy enough. You reap what you sew. lol

  11. #11
    Champion of Telara Shokenaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Inside your head
    Posts
    1,258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stavi82 View Post
    It does look like a Greek orgy in there...
    Good way to put it...
    ||There is no patch for human stupidity||

  12. #12
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    624

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosInc View Post
    Seriously? We're giving into the whiners now? Come on Trion, I had better hopes than that. Does this mean that if people "demand" to have no trash and bosses to have 250 HP, it'll happen too? Stop nerfing the already-limited content.
    So you are whining about Trion giving into whiners in a hope that Tron listens to your whine.

    Interesting.

  13. #13
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tatersaladin View Post
    OMG YOU SOUND SMART. are you smart you sure sound smart to me... i think your smart, op is dumb u not be like op u be smart, ok. kthnxbye.
    I guess actually thinking threatens some people, for whatever reason.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shokenaw View Post
    Have you stepped foot in there? I doubt it, cause if you had, you'd know it was a bit on the silly side
    Sure. I consider it on par with the supposed "overpopulated mobs" that people have been going on about since launch, which I never seemed to have seen an issue with either. To each their own on "crowded" I suppose.

  15. #15
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    624

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IamMeeks View Post
    Is it just me or is the sarcasm of whining about whiners lost on the OP here?
    Oh - I just read your post after I posted mine.

    The irony made my day.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts