+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31

Thread: LFG Tool is counter-productive

  1. #1
    Shadowlander Smoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    39

    Default LFG Tool is counter-productive

    Easier dungeons = faster dungeons = more plaques, so expert gear prices have been raised

    The only problem here is regardless of dungeon clear speed you still need a GROUP OF PEOPLE TO DO IT. Ive queued as DPS/Support throughout the day, currently over 90 minutes, and have not been able to find a single group. Spamming in /4 or /2 was way more effective.

    In the past when I have had trouble finding a group I would kill some time with PvP. Now I'm avoiding PvP because if I queue it resets my LFG queue.

    My server, Corthana, has a crappy population to begin with. This isn't working well so far.
    Last edited by Smoda; 05-10-2011 at 04:42 PM.

  2. #2
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    930

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smoda View Post
    Spamming in /4 or /2 was way more effective.
    You can still do this. The LFG tool is not a requirement, but an optional tool.
    Last edited by Treras; 05-10-2011 at 04:44 PM.
    Isz on other, unreleased MMOs :

    "Enjoy buying another $60 box for forum access to the next thing to complain about"
    About right, ayuh.

  3. #3
    Ascendant Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smoda View Post
    Easier dungeons = faster dungeons = more plaques, so expert gear prices have been raised

    The only problem here is regardless of dungeon clear speed you still need a GROUP OF PEOPLE TO DO IT. Ive queued as DPS/Support throughout the day, currently over 90 minutes, and have not been able to find a single group. Spamming in /4 or /2 was way more effective.

    In the past when I have had trouble finding a group I would kill some time with PvP. Now I'm avoiding PvP because if I queue it resets my LFG queue.

    My server, Corthana, has a crappy population to begin with. This isn't working well so far.
    tank/heal should be faster. and maybe ppl avoiding it so they don't get dropped in with randoms and rather create the group beforehand. who knows...

  4. #4
    Plane Touched Helmstead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    247

    Default

    I'm on one of the most populated servers (wolfsbane) and I still can't get into a group with the lfg tool. Perhpas cross server would have helped. Because it seems there are not enough people wanting to do dungeons.

  5. #5
    Plane Walker Austin23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    402

    Default

    its bugged atm
    Harrow - RPpvp

  6. #6
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    90

    Default

    ew, joining a warfront resets lfg que? that's jacked.

  7. #7
    Ascendant Aumvaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,572

    Default

    I got a group on Wolfsbane -- as a DPS -- in about 15-20 minutes or so. Cleric tank, Cleric healer, Mage/Mage/Cleric DPS. All of us between 33rd level (me) & 37th level (the tank) doing King's Breach. It was a lot of fun.

    My only complaint: when I first got into the queue, I was 32nd level, which was the maximum level listed for Foul Cascade. FC was the dungeon I wanted to do, but I couldn't queue for it specifically, because I was "too high in level", even though it's listed as a 28-32 dungeon. So, apparently I have to spam the channels anyway if I want to get a group for FC. That seems a bit bizarre to me, especially when I wasn't ready, quest-wise, for KB.

    But, whatever, it was fun & productive & the other people in the group were very polite & friendly, so that's all that matters for me. Some minor kinks in the LFG system; otherwise, it seems OK, so far.
    Fare thee well
    Let your life proceed by its own design
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BloodOak View Post
    ew, joining a warfront resets lfg que? that's jacked.
    same as joining a wf cancels the others queues.

  9. #9
    Plane Walker Stabsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BloodOak View Post
    ew, joining a warfront resets lfg que? that's jacked.
    Generally speaking, it's not fair on other people in instanced content if people join then leave. If you join a warfront you should be intending to play it and win it, not semi-afk waiting for your dungeon to pop.
    Guild Leader of Serenity on Bloodiron EU PvP
    I blog at http://stabbedup.blogspot.com/

  10. #10
    Shadowlander Smoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stabsy View Post
    Generally speaking, it's not fair on other people in instanced content if people join then leave. If you join a warfront you should be intending to play it and win it, not semi-afk waiting for your dungeon to pop.
    your right, im not complaining that it isnt fair, just pointing out that the LFG tool unfortunately eliminates this possibility

    and to the previous poster who said i can still do /2 or /4, yes i know that, but whats the point if no one else is using them or even paying attention to them?

  11. #11
    Telaran Ighten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Helmstead View Post
    I'm on one of the most populated servers (wolfsbane) and I still can't get into a group with the lfg tool. Perhpas cross server would have helped. Because it seems there are not enough people wanting to do dungeons.
    Thats my experience so far too.. Plus the fact as you spend the hours questing and stopping invasions and rifts you keep finding you can't join public groups..

  12. #12
    Champion of Telara Alessar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aumvaar View Post
    My only complaint: when I first got into the queue, I was 32nd level, which was the maximum level listed for Foul Cascade. FC was the dungeon I wanted to do, but I couldn't queue for it specifically, because I was "too high in level", even though it's listed as a 28-32 dungeon.
    So much for an easy way to go back and do a quick run through a dungeon I missed while leveling up. Ex: you have to go back to Iron Tombs a couple times as part of the Endless Court questline.

    Oooh. That's probably also why people on low-pop servers are not getting good results. People who are outlevel who just want to run it for whatever reason can't join up with them.
    Last edited by Alessar; 05-11-2011 at 07:40 AM.

  13. #13
    Plane Walker Reser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Yeah I really hate the idea of not being able to join groups to clear invasions while I queue, that is what I want to do while I wait, but it sucks having to do it solo.

    Why can it not just take you out of the group when the LFG pops up saying its found you a party.

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple sanman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    153

    Default

    Like many people have said before, and will say again after LFD tool has been implemented:


    LFD tools will not correct the inherent problem of there being many more DPS than there are healers and tank making groups. The best healers and tanks will be in premades with their guild, or will be playing with people who friended them and invite them when they are online. The rest of them will either play as DPS, or que in LFD. LFD tool does nothing but exaggerate this by showing you a timer for your wait, whereas with LFG chat you had only yourself to comprehend how long it was taking.


    LFD tools do not magically make more groups happen, or make them better. They are what they say they are, a tool, and just like a hammer or a gun, you can use the tool constructively (hammer a nail, shoot a deer for food) or destructively (hamme your toe, shoot your toe). The underlying community has not changed.
    Vae Victis

  15. #15
    Plane Touched bluetick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    230

    Default

    I agree lfg should not preclude you from joining warfronts. It should just yank you out of the warfront when the group is formed. Pvp is hard enough to come by with q times sometimes hovering around 30 mins.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts