+ Reply to Thread

Thread: making money???

Soulwalker

Default making money???

Hey so im getting pretty confortable with the game after about 2 months playing but im still having trouble getting any gold/platinum coming in. Just looking for peoples opinions on how to make some decent money in the game. Need to save up so I can get the 135 plat mount as im approaching level 50. Any ideas or tips on what you all do to make gold would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Andronas - Crucia

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by deathweasel View Post
    Hey so im getting pretty confortable with the game after about 2 months playing but im still having trouble getting any gold/platinum coming in. Just looking for peoples opinions on how to make some decent money in the game. Need to save up so I can get the 135 plat mount as im approaching level 50. Any ideas or tips on what you all do to make gold would be appreciated.
    I sell every single green / blue item I pick up through questing. Sell all trash. Keep biggest bags possible. Do not buy things from the AH. At around level 30 with no aggressive AH work and so forth I'm up to about 30 or so Platinum, not even trying to make money.

This is with a fresh re-roll on a high population server. I can't see crafting being a money spinner, but maybe gathering and selling materials would be a good way as the crafting materials are expensive on my server. Even full 50-stacks of Iron are going for around a good handful of platinum.

Maybe pick up a few gathering professions and farm until your fingers bleed?
    Isz on other, unreleased MMOs :

"Enjoy buying another $60 box for forum access to the next thing to complain about"
    About right, ayuh.

Rift Chaser

Take Foraging/Mining/Butchering and keep them all caught up to the zones your levelling in. Grab any nodes you see on your mini-map. Roll in the plat. Simple as that.

I make a lot of money with runecrafting. I have a 50 mage (who is an outfitter) 40 cleric (who is an armor smith and weaponsmith) and a 29 rogue (who is my runecrafter). I send all green items to the rogue to break down into crafting materials and sell them on the auction house in bulk.

There are many ways to make money in this game. Play the auction house game. See what sells. Buy low sell high..... blah blah blah........

Like the other person in this thread said, don't buy gear from the action house (provided you do) and you should save some mula.
    Last edited by detowne; 05-10-2011 at 05:10 PM.

Soulwalker

So ok if I'm gonna stop buying gear from AH then where shall I get good gear. Quest rewards?

Default money is easy to come by!...

...and just as easy to lose. I think what he meant was don't buy expensive gear. You can get a lot of gear from quest rewards and drops, and trading with pals. You can buy a few pieces off the Auctioneer if you like but don't go crazy, update once every ten levels. At low levels, your gear isn't going to make that much of a difference. And by all means, pick up nothing but gathering professions on your first character on every game you ever play. It's the quickest, easiest way to be rolling in plat/gold whatever by level 10. That's what I've done and I have a couple hundred plat now without even trying hard. And my character is all of level 28! lol Seriously, money is easy to make, and as long as you don't go nuts on stuff you don't need immediately, you should never have problems. Also use your guildies for what ya need! Just be sure to reward them with mats for what they craft for you or with trades of nice stuff you get as drops.
    Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. - Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by deathweasel View Post
    So ok if I'm gonna stop buying gear from AH then where shall I get good gear. Quest rewards?
    Quest rewards and drops are plenty sufficient for leveling. There's really no huge advantage to twink out a mid-level character for the average player.

+ Reply to Thread