+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Level cap

Soulwalker

Default Level cap

does anyone know if they raised the lvl cap with the 1.2 update? Came to Rift from WoW where the lvl cap was 80 or 85. I know that it's 50 (since 1.1) but didnt know if they raised it with this new update or not.

General of Telara

No, they did not.
    Isz on other, unreleased MMOs :

"Enjoy buying another $60 box for forum access to the next thing to complain about"
    About right, ayuh.

Why raise the cap there is no need to. The game is degined to get to 50. And the game is to new to have level caps raised which i hope does not happen.

AA is teh only form of char advancement they should bring in after 50

Be sad to see level caps raised but its the same old story i guess

Sadare of Icewatch - Elementlist
    Guardian alts: Kestra
    Defiant alts: Stone, Lyshia, Velvet, Tears

Soulwalker

thanx guys for clarifying for me. I agree that lvl 50 is a good cap atm. i had trouble trying to catch up to the cap in wow(i started playing like a month or two before Wrath went live), and at that time it was lvl 75 then 80. but with this game i now have a chance to see myself get to the cap.

Numbers are meaningless. It doesn't matter if one game caps at level 50 and other caps at level 3000, it's all about the way player power scales per level and what the content is designed for.
    Noco@Wolfsbane

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by rillionironfist View Post
    thanx guys for clarifying for me. I agree that lvl 50 is a good cap atm. i had trouble trying to catch up to the cap in wow(i started playing like a month or two before Wrath went live), and at that time it was lvl 75 then 80. but with this game i now have a chance to see myself get to the cap.
    I hated the cap raises. For so many reasons. That is all. Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by rillionironfist View Post
    does anyone know if they raised the lvl cap with the 1.2 update? Came to Rift from WoW where the lvl cap was 80 or 85. I know that it's 50 (since 1.1) but didnt know if they raised it with this new update or not.
    Raising the level cap in games is a tactic used by game companies to keep sheeple playing in a world of rehashed content.

+ Reply to Thread