+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Ugh, so not right LFG tool auto-dropping

Hmm...if it kicks you for switching roles that's kind of crappy. With 5 roles available, switching a role to suit your current situation shouldn't knock you out of the queue, especially since it can still be a long wait for people. You should be able to do whatever while in queue and then switch to the role it selected you to be when you get ported to the dungeon. If you don't, well, you get kicked in 10 minutes and have to wait 15 minutes to requeue, I guess.

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #17

Quote Originally Posted by Mourbid View Post
    Hmm...if it kicks you for switching roles that's kind of crappy. With 5 roles available, switching a role to suit your current situation shouldn't knock you out of the queue, especially since it can still be a long wait for people. You should be able to do whatever while in queue and then switch to the role it selected you to be when you get ported to the dungeon. If you don't, well, you get kicked in 10 minutes and have to wait 15 minutes to requeue, I guess.
    It kicks you for not having all of your points spent in your current role - I'm passing on the feedback, but in the meantime you can avoid this by not changing roles until you are in a group and spend your points at that time.

Thanks again for sharing your feedback

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    It kicks you for not having all of your points spent in your current role - I'm passing on the feedback, but in the meantime you can avoid this by not changing roles until you are in a group and spend your points at that time.

So, clarify something, please:

I have a Rogue with a Melee DPS spec, a Riftstalker tank spec and a Bard support spec. So long as all three specs have points spent in them, can I switch them on the fly without being knocked out of the LFD for grinding/questing purposes?

Fair enough. It just seems kind of harsh to limit some gameplay (ability to swap roles) for upwards of 90 minutes while in queue, whether all points are spent, or not.

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #20

Quote Originally Posted by luckton View Post
    So, clarify something, please:

I have a Rogue with a Melee DPS spec, a Riftstalker tank spec and a Bard support spec. So long as all three specs have points spent in them, can I switch them on the fly without being knocked out of the LFD for grinding/questing purposes?
    Correct! Let me know if you experience otherwise

What about leveling while queued?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
    What about leveling while queued?
    That would give you unspent talent points, so, yeah, incoming queue kick.

Plus, you also potentially outlevel the dungeon you're queued for, so there's that too.

Telaran

Awesome, thank you I agree with the others though...put in a tutorial note or a patch note that puts this clarification in. I can already see your GM ticket queue going out of control over this.

Soulwalker

I'm somehow not thinking that if I level up while in queue that the group is going to be willing to wait for me to go back to level up at my trainer.

That's why I don't like the requirement of having all points in a certain place and any unused kicks you. What if you have 3 roles (Rogue, for example, Tank/DPS/Bard) but only select DPS/Support? If you happen to swap to your Tank build for a rift or invasion, are you going to be kicked out of queue, even if you don't group with anyone for the rift/invasion?

The LFG/D tool has its uses but it sounds like it needs some kinks worked out (not surprising since this is its first implementation!). And yes, that is just my opinion, not a statement of fact. :P

Rift Chaser

That's why I don't like the requirement of having all points in a certain place and any unused kicks you. What if you have 3 roles (Rogue, for example, Tank/DPS/Bard) but only select DPS/Support? If you happen to swap to your Tank build for a rift or invasion, are you going to be kicked out of queue, even if you don't group with anyone for the rift/invasion?

The LFG/D tool has its uses but it sounds like it needs some kinks worked out (not surprising since this is its first implementation!). And yes, that is just my opinion, not a statement of fact. :P
    I mentioned all of these problems in my post : http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...PTS-LFG-Issues

Yes it limits by points but not all points you can have some left over and still queue.

Well, if that's the case, then it's not so bad. It sounded more restrictive than I guess it is?

Telaran

The LFG tool does not allow you to queue without all your points spent in a current role. If you switch to a role that does not have all of the soul points spent then it will render you invalid to join a group. (Even though the tool will allow you to queue for multiple alternate roles.)

I'll pass this on as I can understand how the circumstances might be confusing - thanks for your feedback
    This guy just comes in with the one liner

Soooo....if a person levels up? Do they get dumped if they don't spend their point(s) right away?

Rift Chaser

Well, if that's the case, then it's not so bad. It sounded more restrictive than I guess it is?
    possible that it changed but on pts I was able to queue with a couple points left not used

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast